Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car drives through crowd in Dundalk Graveyard

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Graces7 wrote: »
    1874 wrote: »
    That it seems is the FG way and Irish politics in general

I like a lot of your posts, but this one is not reflective of what many people experience from that group of society,

I think that is what Shakespeare calls, " damn with faint praise."!

I am not aiming to reflect the experiences of others, but attest to my own. which have been almost totally positive, kinder than those of non travellers. They are not all the same

I consider that incorrect, I believe you're suggesting/you think Im diminishing or discounting your opinion with some kind of backhanded compliment.
    If you say your experiences with that group are good and even better than with settled people, fine, I accept that, I definitely consider it unusual, and its not like I even have to prove it, its not just anecdotal, this thread is about the type of behaviour people experience and expect, a person is in hospital. I really consider them to be so much the same as each other that one or two outliers really are the exception, many more of that group may have those tendencies you describe, but in general, I wouldnt say they put them on display. Unfortunately the lowest common denominator is the expected behaviour and there seems to be a significant number of them displaying those tendancies, its reflected in their numbers represented in incarceration and crime relative to their overall population and to that of the rest of the population.

banie01 wrote: »
    Do you see the issue with protection of a subsection of the Irish population against "cultural assimilation" when that very thing is being more and more stridently demanded of immigrants to our country?

It really is developing into a strange case of separate but more equal.

There is no protection afforded by the inclusion of "ethnic" status in equal rights legislation that is not already adequately covered under any of the other 8 grounds.
    It has instead allowed questioning of traveller status, motives and actions to be labelled as racism.
    The traveller support groups have developed in a very similar way to homeless support groups and have become quite an industry with the attendant growth of vested interests.

It is ridiculous to pursue a policy of integration and community placement for immigrants and refugees, all whilst allowing and enabling a cohort of Irish people to quite deliberately place themselves outside the norms of society.

I fixed that,

There were Garda about but this lad took someone’s car from inside the cemetery and their 9 year old child had to jump from it and luckily wasn’t injured. There’s not much the Garda could have done about that in fairness.

Once anyone settled or not settled has committed any serious crime they need to be sentenced with imprisonment if need be, opportunity for non custodial sentence if it includes rehabilitation should be afforded, should include bonds of good behaviour/non reoffending, if they reoffend then any previous custodial sentence should be imposed immediately and include any new sentence, any opportunity for early release should be less or non existent, after release bond of good behaviour, make sentencing concurrent, if repeat offences are their thing, ultimately but not eventually fter a long period, remove them from society altogether with opportunity so far away as to make them permanent guests of the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was deeply shocked to hear about this incident the news over the weekend. The perpetrator who did this crime on the innocent victims is many more times more likely to be a violent individual against all types of other people in this society. This individual should not be outside of a prison cell for a very long time. But when you look at a country like Ireland; it doesn't happen like that at all. He will probably just get away with a suspended sentence with community service latched onto it if he is lucky to get it. He is a rotten scumbag to drive the car endangering the lives of these people. He should be well able to pay penance for his crimes while rotting behind a dark prison cell. But he would be very lucky to escape it depending on which judge has the case in front of them in court. It's just sickening. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Awful thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "James McDonagh, 28, with an address at Glenmore Park, Muirhevnamore, Dundalk, faces a charge of the unlawful use of a car and one of dangerous driving."

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0723/1064722-james-mcdonagh-court/

Scum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

He's conscious and making a good recovery I'm told.

• Advertisement
Advertisement