Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and activated my wildcard before a few of my targets rose. The following is my latest draft;
    Ederson

Roberston Mendy Alonso

Pedro Mane Miki Richarilson

Abua Augero Ings

Hamer Neves Bennet Wan- Bissaka

I dont normally like a double defense but think in this case Mendy's attacking threat justifies it, Wan-Bissaka will probably play in 4-4-2 most weeks, I think he is going to have a massive season. Manes early form and Liverpools more tricky fixtures make the decision to drop Salah easier. Augero and Abua have incredible fixtures and getting those two up front was one of the main reasons for activating hte wildcard.
    The above also leaves 1.1m ITB which will make it easier when it becomes nessecarry to get Salah back! Any thoughts or suggestions welcome, thanks.

Looks good for a team that's without Salah. I would be slow to have Bennet in my team with Wolves' defensive record so far ie. conceding 4 goals in two games. I know he is on your bench but maybe he might be needed and with 1.1m in the bank why not upgrade even if it's just to a 4.5 like Steve Cook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and activated my wildcard before a few of my targets rose. The following is my latest draft;
    Ederson

Roberston Mendy Alonso

Pedro Mane Miki Richarilson

Abua Augero Ings 

Hamer Neves Bennet Wan- Bissaka 

I dont normally like a double defense but think in this case Mendy's attacking threat justifies it, Wan-Bissaka will probably play in 4-4-2 most weeks, I think he is going to have a massive season. Manes early form and Liverpools more tricky fixtures make the decision to drop Salah easier. Augero and Abua have incredible fixtures and getting those two up front was one of the main reasons for activating hte wildcard.
    The above also leaves 1.1m ITB which will make it easier when it becomes nessecarry to get Salah back! Any thoughts or suggestions welcome, thanks.

Good looking team....would agree with previous poster you should get rid of Wolves lad for a decent defender with a better chance of Point returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Current WC team after changes to douse some fires!

Ederson Hamer
    Mendy Robertson Alonso Wan B Stankovic
    Salah Mane Pedro Ricky Guendouzi
    Aguero Zaha Ings
    0.2 itb.

Just wondering if Michki from Arsenal should go into that midfield?
    Prob in Manes place.Would worry that he can be inconsistent but they have great fixtures coming up.Michki meant to rise tonight so would appreciate any thoughts on changing Mane to Michki in next hour or so.
    Thanks for reading and best of luck to all with their WC’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Current WC team after changes to douse some fires!

Ederson Hamer
    Mendy Robertson Alonso Wan B Stankovic
    Salah Mane Pedro Ricky Guendouzi
    Aguero Zaha Ings
    0.2 itb.

Just wondering if Michki from Arsenal should go into that midfield?
    Prob in Manes place.Would worry that he can be inconsistent but they have great fixtures coming up.Michki meant to rise tonight so would appreciate any thoughts on changing Mane to Michki in next hour or so.
    Thanks for reading and best of luck to all with their WC’s.

I think Mkhitaryan looked good in the last game and considered getting him in also in my wildcard team this week. Mane getting 3 goals in 2 games so far is difficult to ignore and I reckon Mane will have got more points at the end of the season.

There is a price difference if you could upgrade somewhere else with the money but betting on Mane myself.

Ozil was subbed off against Chelsea and called out my the manager of his lack of pressing after the first game so if he ends up getting rested Miki would pick up all the free/corner taking duties, which would be massive given his price tag.

Far from a certainty but would add to his points potential if it does happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Ladies and Gentlemen

I would appreciate your thoughts on which looks like the better side :

Pros : Have Mane and Salah, can play a strong 3-5-2 with decent bench options, have Alonso who is looking v good and should get good points for Chelsea's run of nice fixtures

Cons: One Arsenal attacker for their fabulous run

qIecYuH.jpg

*********Versus the Below Side**********

Pros: Have Aubameyang who might soon be the must have player

Cons: No Mane, No Alonso, not as strong a bench if someone is injured/rotated.

2InNdKA.jpg

One thing about us playing an early wildcard is that we have less data to run with and we need to be looking forward a bit for the good runs coming up as we won't have the WC to fix our teams.

If anyone has a suggestion on how I can make some alternative moves I'd appreciate it.

E.g. I was considering dropping Pedro down to Fraser or another 5.5 maybe to leave Alonso in Defence but Pedro is looking very good at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've always liked three up top soI'd be inclined to go for option 2. All depends on how Arsenal do, whether they get going or not. Not sure Guendouzi is the right 4.5m mid, I picked up Mendy there. Liverpools fixtures turn and its hard to justify doubling up on them from GW5

Thanks, I went with Firmino initially over Mane and it was a real coin toss decision for me that didn't pan out in the first 2 weeks anyway and maybe this is a bit of me chasing the lost points from the first 2 weeks. (which is never a good idea)

To be honest I feel that Liverpool are like Man City this season - fixture proof.

However, it's definitely worth considering going from 3 Liverpool players to 2 for that tougher run though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'd be an option 2 man myself. Always go with the 3 up top.
    I'd be weary of Pedro and how much longer he can stay in that Chelsea team

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

WC'd this week too:

Old Team:

DDG Boruc

Daniels, Cedric, Holebas, Clyne, Schindler

Mane, B Silva, Jota, Sane, Hudson-Odoi

Firmino, Morata, Kun

New Team:

Cech, Hamer

Mendy, TAA, Pereira, Tarkowski, Wan-Bissaka

Kovacic, Mane, B Silva, Mkyitaryan, Hudson-Odoi

Auba, Kun, Morata

• Advertisement

Fed up debating it.

It’s done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Colking wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen

Pros : Have Mane and Salah, can play a strong 3-5-2 with decent bench options, have Alonso who is looking v good and should get good points for Chelsea's run of nice fixtures

Cons: One Arsenal attacker for their fabulous run

qIecYuH.jpg

*********Versus the Below Side**********

Pros: Have Aubameyang who might soon be the must have player

Cons: No Mane, No Alonso, not as strong a bench if someone is injured/rotated.

2InNdKA.jpg

One thing about us playing an early wildcard is that we have less data to run with and we need to be looking forward a bit for the good runs coming up as we won't have the WC to fix our teams.

If anyone has a suggestion on how I can make some alternative moves I'd appreciate it.

E.g. I was considering dropping Pedro down to Fraser or another 5.5 maybe to leave Alonso in Defence but Pedro is looking very good at the moment.

I am wildcarding too and my team is reasonably similar to your first team except I have Arnautovic and Zaha and a weaker midfield. I would like Aubameyang too but not sure I am willing to downgrade someone like Mane for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Ladies and Gentlemen

On wildcard here too and my current draft is literally identical to your first team.

My Aubameyang draft is different to yours:

Hart, Hamer
    Mendy, Robertson, Schlupp, Wan-Bissaka, Bennett
    Salah, Mané, Richarlison/Pedro, Fraser, 4.5m fodder
    Aubameyang, Aguero, Ings

I'm not really sure I like it. The team looks weaker overall and I want to hold onto both Richarlison and Pedro for the foreseeable.

I think I might just wait and see about Auba, and hopefully when he becomes essential, it'll coincide with Liverpool's tough run and it'll seem less scary to downgrade Salah.

tailgunner wrote: »
    On wildcard here too and my current draft is literally identical to your first team.

My Aubameyang draft is different to yours:

Hart, Hamer
    Mendy, Robertson, Schlupp, Wan-Bissaka, Bennett
    Salah, Mané, Richarlison/Pedro, Fraser, 4.5m fodder
    Aubameyang, Aguero, Ings

I'm not really sure I like it. The team looks weaker overall and I want to hold onto both Richarlison and Pedro for the foreseeable.

I think I might just wait and see about Auba, and hopefully when he becomes essential, it'll coincide with Liverpool's tough run and it'll seem less scary to downgrade Salah.

I think if you leave Mane in your second draft team along with Auba it's not worth the downgrades that you have to make in a few other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I think if you leave Mane in your second draft team along with Auba it's not worth the downgrades that you have to make in a few other areas.

In my wildcard it's coming down to Mane vs Aubameyang - the 3 problem fixtures for me for Mane are Spurs(a), Chelsea(a), City(h). Arsenal are playing Newcastle(a), Watford(h) and Fulham(a). I follow Liverpool and we don't have a great record at Spurs, up and down at Chelsea and we love playing City at home :). Not sure how good Arsenal are going to be away from home. I don't think I have enough info on Arsenal to get rid of Mane to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To Mané or not to Mané, that is the question...

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Schlupp
    Salah Mané Ricky Kanté
    Auba Aguero Ings

Hamer Westwood AWB Bennett

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson PVA
    Salah Ricky Pedro Mkhi
    Auba Aguero Ings

Team B looks more balanced. Mkhi and PVA could also be Fraser and Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

To Mané or not to Mané, that is the question...

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Schlupp
    Salah Mané Ricky Kanté
    Auba Aguero Ings

Hamer Westwood AWB Bennett

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson PVA
    Salah Ricky Pedro Mkhi
    Auba Aguero Ings

Team B looks more balanced. Mkhi and PVA could also be Fraser and Alonso.

Team B with Fraser and Alonso

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Green&Red wrote: »
    Team B with Fraser and Alonso

Agree.

After looking at those Palace fixtures, I much prefer Zaha to Ings. And I just really want PVA in my team :)

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson PVA
    Salah Ricky Pedro Fraser
    Auba Aguero Zaha

Zero itb so better keep a close watch on price changes.

After looking at those Palace fixtures, I much prefer Zaha to Ings. And I just really want PVA in my team :)

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson PVA
    Salah Ricky Pedro Fraser
    Auba Aguero Zaha

Zero itb so better keep a close watch on price changes.

PVA is exciting to own but forget clean sheets.

• Advertisement

PVA is exciting to own but forget clean sheets.

Palace look fairly solid at the back with Tomkins and Sakho. Until one of them inevitably gets injured...

Palace look fairly solid at the back with Tomkins and Sakho. Until one of them inevitably gets injured...

Had PVA last year and I got attacking returns but my memory is clean sheets were few and far between. Maybe my memory is not the best because he was in and out so often I stopped really paying attention

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Traditionally PVA is a second half of the season player, because traditionally he's been playing for a team that has been embroiled in a relegation battle.

Palace seem in a much better place which should yield more clean sheets before March. In theory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

PVA has scored over 100 points once in the last 4 seasons. For instance at the same price Bellerin and Monreal have scored over 100 each of the last 3 seasons. Cresswell also at the same price has scored over 100 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Only picking those at random. Don’t own any myself. Just making the point that this forum is biased towards PVA. 6m for Mendy or Robertson if they get enough minutes this year for instance are the far wiser choices. That’s playing the numbers, i.e. he might get as many or more points as other similar priced defenders but is less likely to.

PVA has scored over 100 points once in the last 4 seasons. For instance at the same price Bellerin and Monreal have scored over 100 each of the last 3 seasons. Cresswell also at the same price has scored over 100 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Only picking those at random. Don’t own any myself. Just making the point that this forum is biased towards PVA. 6m for Mendy or Robertson if they get enough minutes this year for instance are the far wiser choices. That’s playing the numbers, i.e. he might get as many or more points as other similar priced defenders but is less likely to.

He was playing in a terrible Sunderland team though. This Palace team have a solid defence and are in with a good chance of a top 10 finish imo. They also don't face any of the top 6 in their next 7 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If you take purely the 6 per goal and 3 per assist over the last three seasons you get this.

17/18

48 Alonso
    36 Monreal
    33 PVA

16/17

45 Alonso
    39 McAuley
    36 Cahill
    33 PVA
    33 Coleman
    33 Daniels

15/16

33 PVA
    33 Dann
    33 Daniels

You can expect him to be one of the top attacking returns defenders. But as you've shown from points totals it's all pointless if you can't get clean sheets to go with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Leave Patrick Alone!

giphy.gif

Happy with team but worried I can’t fit Mkhi in.

Only player I want but don’t have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

but worried I can’t fit Mkhi in.

Sign Foreplay and Mkhi should fit in

Right that's the last one, I'm done with the Mkhi jokes

• Advertisement

Think I'm going to go with Monreal instead of PVA. Nailed on due to the injuries and only 0.8% ownership. As bad as the Arsenal defence can be they should still pick up a few clean sheets with those fixtures and he has a proven attacking threat.

Advertisement