Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Nothing wrong with Phantom from time to time, but afternoon radio in work, Ray Foley is the DJ of choice at the moment

he plays them as part of a segment called Lazy Radio, which also ties in with a tour.

Its a Lazy radio for Friday to kick off the show and then 1 till 2 he plays what he call happy hour which would be 80's 90's and 00's selection of cheesy pop tunes.

He does a Live DJ set tour on a thursday night around the country about once a month, different county every time. normal DJ till about 12,1ish then Foley takes over, plays you regular night out music and happy hour mix, then kicks into the theme tunes for about 20 minutes then goes back to fun dancey music

Its a pretty solid night out

hope that helps explain it a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

I'm just getting bored of Foley - I used to listen to him 4 years ago when i came back from Australia and thought it was good, then didnt listen for a couple of years as I couldnt listen to radio at work but lost my job b4 xmas and have been listening on and off since and its the exact same format as 4+ years ago.... same segments as someone outlined above.

He's annoying too with his "king" title he adopts for himself and waffling on for 10mins about puttin oil in his door lock! I've decided not to tune in today cos i know it will be unbearable to listen too.

I like JP, he is genuinely funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Phantom sux.

3 Meteor awards aye. That is a feat if ever I did see one. Well done Ray.

*Tips Hat*

What I do find annoying is the people on here who, when someone gives a dj praise (Mostly Foley), they reply with "Hey Ray" "Ah I see Foley has a boards account" As if it's abnormal that a talented presenter has fans.

People who mock him are just sour ****s. Probably bitter wannabe failed djs who are jealous of Ray's success.

Also, how people seem to have a deep hatred for him personally without ever meeting him.

I severly dislike The Strawberry Alarmclock on Fm104 and Nikki Hayes' show (I really hate the gutts off them), but I don't have anything against the presenters themselves!!!

did you hear there Nikki Hayes refusing to say who won the meteor saying if the DJ was a chocolate bar, he'd eat him.

loved the reply about new awards for DJ's who were put up against ray foley and got moved to weekends.

im against sniping comments, but since its self defense and not him starting it, i say alls fair
    I'm just getting bored of Foley - I used to listen to him 4 years ago when i came back from Australia and thought it was good, then didnt listen for a couple of years as I couldnt listen to radio at work but lost my job b4 xmas and have been listening on and off since and its the exact same format as 4+ years ago.... same segments as someone outlined above.

He's annoying too with his "king" title he adopts for himself and waffling on for 10mins about puttin oil in his door lock! I've decided not to tune in today cos i know it will be unbearable to listen too.

I like JP, he is genuinely funny

Not trying to sound funny, but its a free radio station, with many surrounding it
    twist the dial a bit and try for something different. Rest assured, 1 tuning out someone else will tune in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Well, in this day and age, what the heck is wrong with candyfloss radio? I enjoy the Friday show an awfull l,ot and the way he reacted to the flooding last year and did a fundraiser was both funny and for a good cause.

We always give out about sterile radio and how the shedules are full of the same stuff day in day out, I have no problem with so-called low brow radio (or funny and entertaining if you want) right in the middle of the day.

It is aannoying that he is up against my favourite DJ of them all on 2FM though, but thats what those presets are for I suppose, just flick around during the few hours.

Not trying to sound funny, but its a free radio station, with many surrounding it
    twist the dial a bit and try for something different. Rest assured, 1 tuning out someone else will tune in

Whoa, he wasn't being snipy. That was an honest opinion of the show, and although it was a negative one, it's the most decent negative reply I've seen yet.

hehe think you quoted the wrong bit there

but yeah ok its fair, wouldnt be a fan of the way nikki hayes went about it, she deserved the reply foley gave her

what kind of idiot DJ goes after a cheeky chappy like foley. he's going to respond in kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Excaptain wrote: »
    I see Ray Foley has a boards.ie account!
    This is the final warning, and I'm not just singling you out, no more insinuating that anyone who posts in favour of a DJ is the DJ or works in the station.

It is getting tiresome and ends now.

Oh woops.

Anyway, that was hilarious, The Nikki Hayes thing. I like the fanbase foley has. Always ready to defend him against ne'er do wells and often provide him with material to use on air.

God help that Hayes one. She's slipping slowly off the radio radar - the radiar if you will.

Gets coat and walks off.

Hahahaha today is a great show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DJ_U4EA

Had the misfortune to be listening today when the 3 of them were sniping at Nikki Hayes like classroom bullies. It was actually patethic to listen to, on top of king prat himself inflating his ego every 5 seconds. Some people say the attitude of him is just a wind up, but I'd have to ask the same people: when did listening to some gob****e gloating about himself every day of the week become funny? In response to what Nikki Hayes said about him, she hit the nail on the head to be honest and if he had to respond, it could have been done in a witty and decent manner if he had the IQ to think of an intelligent response.

But no, he spends nearly 10 minutes with his 2 arse kissers absolutely taking it overboard and beyond a bit of fun, it was just insult after insult about somebody who called him straight on what he is. If you can't accept criticism without launching into a tirade about it, get the **** off the radio. If you can't accept criticism regarding this "wacky egotistical" but supposedly "only for a laugh" persona you have, then equally - get the **** off the radio. I certainly won't be tuning into his show again anyway, its just beyond patethic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i had the mistfortune of listening to him today for 5 minutes while in the car....i have never heard such a self-gloating ego maniac on the radio as him......fair enough congrats on the award but be humble dont get drawn into childish insults and just smile... nope not foley..... i turned over the station after that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Can't understand the "Used to Hate him, but now I Love him" school of thought. Why would anyone continue listening to a show they hated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I think the ray fley show is greatto be honest. He is funny and has a bit of craic with ann and j.p as well as with any listeners who call in to the show.

His on air persona of someone who loves himself is a parody, you must remember this, when he is bigging himself up and calling himself the king etc, it is a tongue in cheek bit of self praise.

He knows he is not the best in the world, his self praise is actually a way of putting himself down as you will hear the others in the background moan that he has gone and done it again. Anyonethat comes on the show makes fun of him and his persona too....he is kind of like that kid in school with few friends but tells his mum how great he is and how everyone loves him.

it's all a bit david brent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

DJ_U4EA wrote: »
    Had the misfortune to be listening today when the 3 of them were sniping at Nikki Hayes like classroom bullies. It was actually patethic to listen to, on top of king prat himself inflating his ego every 5 seconds. Some people say the attitude of him is just a wind up, but I'd have to ask the same people: when did listening to some gob****e gloating about himself every day of the week become funny? In response to what Nikki Hayes said about him, she hit the nail on the head to be honest and if he had to respond, it could have been done in a witty and decent manner if he had the IQ to think of an intelligent response.

But no, he spends nearly 10 minutes with his 2 arse kissers absolutely taking it overboard and beyond a bit of fun, it was just insult after insult about somebody who called him straight on what he is. If you can't accept criticism without launching into a tirade about it, get the **** off the radio. If you can't accept criticism regarding this "wacky egotistical" but supposedly "only for a laugh" persona you have, then equally - get the **** off the radio. I certainly won't be tuning into his show again anyway, its just beyond patethic.

I have no idea whatsoever how people still think he is serious with stuff like this. I think I'm going to invest in some 'down with this sort of thing' signs to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What did Nikki Hayes say about Foley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

the ego has landed!
    and i like it alot. its just a bit of craic.
    brightens up my day anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

kraggy wrote: »
    What did Nikki Hayes say about Foley?

if he was a choclate bar he'd eat himself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

jm99 wrote: »
    if he was a choclate bar he'd eat himself :D

Not much of an insult really. Not to mention it's probably true. Foley seems very sensitive to even the mildest criticism.

• Advertisement

I thought the DJ Jayo segment they had on Fri was hilarious - the bit where JP was the work experience DJ with the thick Dub accent

Anyone who didn't get a chuckle out of that must have the sense of humour of a stone

salonfire wrote: »
    I thought the DJ Jayo segment they had on Fri was hilarious - the bit where JP was the work experience DJ with the thick Dub accent

Anyone who didn't get a chuckle out of that must have the sense of humour of a stone

That was more of a piss take of the amatuer/pirate stations as far as I was concerned. Funny though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Agree with the above posters. Friday's segment with J.P was pretty funny. Got a good laugh out of it.... On the bus with loads of people just looking at me with 20 heads....

Was listening to it yesterday for a bit but had to turn it off. The show can be funny at times but talk about self absorbed. I know he may have only been taking the piss but it got a bit annoying after a while. "Oh look at me I'm great aren't I?" etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 CurlieSue

a bit of a strange one but does anyone know what the competition was last Tuesday on the ray foley show??

As a daily listener to his show, which I do enjoy, I feel that he is stepping over the line with his slagging of Anne Glesson

It borders on sexual harrassment and bullying

As a daily listener to his show, which I do enjoy, I feel that he is stepping over the line with his slagging of Anne Glesson

And on national radio too!!!!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think he forgets he is on air sometimes!

He's liking her to an elephant, insulting her intelligence and once said she has put on a few pounds

But it's so funny. Slaggin Ann has me in stitches.

And she has no problem with it.

I think he forgets he is on air sometimes!

He's liking her to an elephant, insulting her intelligence and once said she has put on a few pounds

Sure if it was only the once there should be no problem like.

Zing!

If and when Anne Gleeson has a problem with it is when it becomes sexual harrasment and not when others decide when it is

Some people can take a bit of banter, others take offense to it, clearly ann is a lot of fun, knows her job and probably has helped come up with some of the banter in the meetings of what they will do on the show

i really dislike when others decide what people should be offended about

get a life

• Advertisement

You said what I couldn't be arsed to. fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

get a life

Don't want to see any more of that, thanks. You can express your own opinion perfectly well, obviously, without slagging anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was listening to it yesterday for a bit but had to turn it off. The show can be funny at times but talk about self absorbed. I know he may have only been taking the piss but it got a bit annoying after a while. "Oh look at me I'm great aren't I?" etc etc
    That's the thing that annoys me the most about the show. I think everybody knows that the King thing and Lazy Radio is a p1sstake, but seriously, is that all he's got?

tbh wrote: »
    Don't want to see any more of that, thanks. You can express your own opinion perfectly well, obviously, without slagging anyone else.

now now dont be over zealous, saying get a life is hardly a slag, i was stating that their trying to insinuate that because they believe its sexual harassment it isnt and i suggested that they "get a life" i.e. worry about things other than whether someone who has no problem with having a laugh should be protected

she's a big girl

i stand by my statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

fair enough, three day ban for attacking another poster <edit> and arguing with moderator on thread.<edit>. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I love the show. I am 30 so not so old I do not get the jokes :D

I find it the perfect show to listen to while driving the car, which is the only place I listen to the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

I started a thread on him before but for some reason it was locked:eek: Anyhoo Love listening to Foley, so different to every other DJ out there. Been listening to him since the blast, they had a quiz on every night with tricky dicky, good stuff. Him and JP have great banter that I have not heard since the days of Ryan Tubridy and Shane O' Donoghue you know they are best friends for a long time, and lazy radio on a Friday is a great idea:)

Lazy radio is a terrible idea.

I love the show, but hate lazy radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

lovinit wrote: »
    lazy radio on a Friday is a great idea:)
    What's lazy radio? I have a vague idea, but I don't just wanna go on my own assumptions. I love Ray Foley! I think he's hilarious, but I'm in sixth year so I rarely hear his show during the day, so unsurprisingly i've never heard of lazy radio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I love the show! Yes he's full of himself, but that's the whole act he pulls. The show makes me laugh my head off at times, and there's been no other show bar Ian Dempsey in the mornings that makes me break my sides laughing that much.

For that alone it's quality radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I broke my ass laughing at "DJ-ao" on Friday! :pac:

"Story, story..." "Natasha got her results....they were positive"

"Cewl cewl..."

Love Lazy Radio aswell,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

I can't stand Foley or his show. He's so childish, annoying and silly with a sense of homour aimed at sixteen year olds. I hear he's big down the bog but I wouldn't imagine he has many listeners in Dublin.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I listen to a lot of radio and I can say that the show is the most annoying I have ever come across. Foley sounds like a complete arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think jp and Ann are brilliant tbf

Anne is covering for someone who is on maternity leave, isn't she?

Who is it that's on leave?

Will she becoming back?

Have to agree, Anne is great on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Edel is on leave but ann did always have a part on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

el diablo wrote: »
    I hear he's big down the bog but I wouldn't imagine he has many listeners in Dublin.

ha ha ha, you dubs are hilarious. tell me oh wise one, is it true you have a thing called electricity in de big shmoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Boys and gurls behave yisserselves.

That is not just directed at you paddy, el diablo should take note too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

ha ha ha, you dubs are hilarious. tell me oh wise one, is it true you have a thing called electricity in de big shmoke?

yep, we do and it's coming your way soon. Something to look forward to, huh.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

AllInOne wrote: »
    What's lazy radio? I have a vague idea, but I don't just wanna go on my own assumptions. I love Ray Foley! I think he's hilarious, but I'm in sixth year so I rarely hear his show during the day, so unsurprisingly i've never heard of lazy radio!

Lazy Radio is on every Friday (or the occasional Thursday if Friday was a Bank Holiday or whatever). It's where they start the show by playing a bunch of old tv theme tunes.

Mainly Happy Days, Littlest Hobo, Star Trek, Pokemon, etc.

You can get daily podcasts from here aswell, just click and play :)

Advertisement