Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

To be fair, its only a 10 minute segment, if you really didnt like it, go get a cup of tea.

It's only a bit of fun, which is meant to be the theme behind ray's show. If Happy Hour follows Lazy Radio out the door he could end up losing a good chunk of his following for the casual listener who looks forward to a bit of fun and cheese on the friday to set them up for the weekend. I would have been a big fan of the Friday show and went to the Lazy Radio tour when it was local and had a ball. That night was filled with Happy Hour and Lazy Radio stuff.

Thoroughly disappointed, Adelle comes back, Ann goes, Lazy Radio goes

Just seems the show is chopping a lot of the things i really liked, i'd like to think i'll keep listening but if it continue's in this trend i dunno how compelled to tune in i'll find myself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Agreed, Adelle sure as hell shook things up.

I miss Ann :(

If they get rid of Happy Hour, I swear!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Keep Happy hour by all means. It's lazy radio that annoys me. It's been repeating itself now for ages.

Last Friday he also had some mix thing from a dj mate of his. They barely spoke a half hour out of the 2 1/2 hour show. Ridiculous. It's shows like that that will turn people off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

The Ha Ha he HE Ray Foley Ha AH he he all fun radio show HoHo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Agreed, Adelle sure as hell shook things up.

I miss Ann :(

My god what are you lot on about!! Adelle RAWKS! Ann was a bit of a sap! I liked her at first, but then she got boring very quickly.

Ray, JP and Adelle. Today FM's very own Delta Force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

Some of it is just about OK but that "Yes or Yeah or eh?" part is pure brutal car crash radio and only culchies from Carlow or Cavan ring in.

Brutal I say!

He does play old Skool heavy metal which I find OK though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

The sooner KC takes over the lunchtime slot and The Foley Show are put back to nights the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That girl who rang in on Monday was unreal.

With the really high-pitched voice.

Ray - "Hey, Ann, where did you get the lying 12 year old from?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

Does anyone know the name of that DJ that Foley has on each Friday. He mentioned that he DJ's in Ennis. I was listenening yesterday and I missed the name. That mix had me working 10 times faster at work - excellent stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Does anyone know the name of that DJ that Foley has on each Friday. He mentioned that he DJ's in Ennis. I was listenening yesterday and I missed the name. That mix had me working 10 times faster at work - excellent stuff!!

This is a joke. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

2 words folks
    Chris moyles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

sham69 wrote: »
    2 words folks
    Chris moyles

3 words Rick o' Shea nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

To be fair, its only a 10 minute segment, if you really didnt like it, go get a cup of tea.

It's only a bit of fun, which is meant to be the theme behind ray's show. If Happy Hour follows Lazy Radio out the door he could end up losing a good chunk of his following for the casual listener who looks forward to a bit of fun and cheese on the friday to set them up for the weekend. I would have been a big fan of the Friday show and went to the Lazy Radio tour when it was local and had a ball. That night was filled with Happy Hour and Lazy Radio stuff.

Just seems the show is chopping a lot of the things i really liked, i'd like to think i'll keep listening but if it continue's in this trend i dunno how compelled to tune in i'll find myself

stopped listening the week Lazy Radio was dropped - I did try to stick with it, but for me, it just died without Ducktales.......(there was one week where he played 'mountain town' and the theme from the 'high life' which was COOL):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

4 Words - I do love jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

what an amazing post , thanks for adding your valued thoughts:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

He's a self confessed wanker, how on earth he's still on the air beggers belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

He's crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Thaedydal wrote: »
    He's a self confessed wanker, how on earth he's still on the air beggers belief.

In fairness Thaed, that is from 4 years ago..

Not really defending him, personally I used to like the show when it first came on air in his current slot, it annoys me now but the choice for people outside of the Dublin region at that time of the day is very slack

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

love him or hate him , i think everyone will have to admit that when it comes to radio he is trying to be different .

beat the usual s**t thats on ... "text us in your fav colour "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

He is a complete bufoon and I do apologise to all bufoons for that slur, its dumb ass radio that would not challange the brain of a child. I mistakenly hear the tit when I leave the station on from Ian Dempsey and actually nearly punch the radio when i hear Rays tripe. In short he is the vuvuzela of DJs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

folks - a reminder. Criticism of presenters is fine, lazy abuse is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

disc79 wrote: »
    love him or hate him , i think everyone will have to admit that when it comes to radio he is trying to be different .

beat the usual s**t thats on ... "text us in your fav colour "

he's not different, he's just a bad imitation of Chris Moyles

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tbh wrote: »
    Criticism of presenters is fine, lazy abuse is not.

You're not allowed to abuse Lazy Radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

BaZmO* wrote: »

I think you will find that lazy radio was a style of Radio show and not a presenter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

BaZmO* wrote: »

well played sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I like Ray Foley. With regards to Irish djs, he certainly is different. People can say he's a rip off of Chris Moyles or whatever but thats not relevant to me as i only listen to Irish radio and Foley along with his sidekick JP, make me laugh. They have good chemistry with Adele who comes across well. The only thing i dont like about the show is Anne Gleeson. She sounds like a teenager on coke. Annoying, loud and all a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

anybody got a list of the songs ray used last week in his dance mix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tommydublin

He's a big ripoff of Chris Moyles he has same production comp that does hes radio jingles lol he cant do a show on he's own!!! needs a bitch jp!!! lazy radio.................. make him feel good !!! the music on the playlist very boring!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

have to say i really enjoy listening to the show when i can, as other people have said its 'just a bit of fun for your lunchtime' if you want something more serious there are plenty of others shows to choose from.

Also have 2fm just tried to copy the format of rays show? ie. one main presenter (rick o shea) a sidekick (dunno who he is) and a female sidekick (dunno who she is either) talking about random stuff and days news??

anyways guys 'love the show!!' ;)

Advertisement