Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I really dont like Foley, he is SO in love with himself, god all he does is talk about how great he is! I think the others, JP, Ann etc would prob do a decent job on a show of their own, but there are meer shadows to the ego that is Ray. I find the show boring, very samey and juvenille.

It really is a case of love him or hate him, and I am def the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

oh man, I HATED the show when I heard it first, but absolutely love it now - they've such a chemistry, and lazy radio is genius, cos I usually end up sitting in the car (where I mostly end up listening to him) going 'foley, you really are a lazy b**tard'.............apart from the begging for votes for the Meteors, the show they did for the floods was brilliant.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

The whole king of the afternoon thing is funny. I mean hes obvioulsy a bit insecure so you cant take all that crap seriously.
    I really like ann though and I kind of hope adel or edel or whatever her name is, doesnt come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Normally I'd give Ray & co. the benefit of the doubt and would have no problem listening in to his show but today I made an exception after a series of hand-farting jokes.

Like others, I laughed my ass off to DJ Jayo last Friday, but today I was reaching for the dial to change the channel after enduring 5 minutes of uncomfortable silences, giggles and fart noises. I only waited that long because, as I said, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and expecting it to improve... which it didn't.

And no, I wasn't being prudish... It wasn't that they were offensive or rude in any way - it was just that it was pointless, utterly unfunny and un-entertaining radio, and it went on for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tunguska wrote: »
    The whole king of the afternoon thing is funny. I mean hes obvioulsy a bit insecure so you cant take all that crap seriously.
    I really like ann though and I kind of hope adel or edel or whatever her name is, doesnt come back.

Yeah Edel doesn't add anything to the show other than doing that mental smile in any photographs. Ann seems like a great bit of craic and is actually quite funny. I'm fairly indifferent to the show in general, but it's definitely better with Ann.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Its brutal, i really dont know how these eejits are on the radio. They sound like a few students sitting around in some smelly flat, each trying to think of stupid stuff to talk about, with one complete eejit trying to be the biggest fool all the time.
    Its almost as bad a them two gobshítes from Naaaavan on 2fm on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Have been listening to Ray and JP since they were doing "The Blast." Was my favourite radio show back then, and it still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

Have to say, The shows been great the last two weeks. Especially with the music selections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Zigmund wrote: »
    Have to say, The shows been great the last two weeks. Especially with the music selections.

its been as dull as can be without ray there. jp is fine with him there but on his own hes terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Shane10 wrote: »
    its been as dull as can be without ray there. jp is fine with him there but on his own hes terrible.

Thats true...the show has been awful without Ray

JP admitted that they had no idea what to do to fill up the time...so they just stuck on clips from previous shows!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Shane10 wrote: »

When he filled in first he was fine. Now I think he's a bit crap. COME BACK FOLEY!!!!!

Get rid of Gleeson!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP was pretty off today, I think he was sick or something. I heard a mention of man-flu at one point.

I agree with you, Fago, JP did start out pretty good during the week, but, yeah it has fizzled a bit.

Can't wait till Ray gets back (if he does for Monday, that volcano's a bitch!)

I still love DJ Jay-o though :D

Ah Gleeson's ok. She really seems like someone you could sit down and have a laugh with.

I honestly can't remember what it was like with Adelle now :P

JP was pretty off today, I think he was sick or something. I heard a mention of man-flu at one point.

I agree with you, Fago, JP did start out pretty good during the week, but, yeah it has fizzled a bit.

Can't wait till Ray gets back (if he does for Monday, that volcano's a bitch!)

I still love DJ Jay-o though :D

Ah Gleeson's ok. She really seems like someone you could sit down and have a laugh with.

I honestly can't remember what it was like with Adelle now :P

I miss Adelle. When's she coming back?

Ann's ok, but she licks up to Ray. She's not herself on the radio. She's just a yes man (Woman)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Feckyn hate the Ray Foley show.

It is juvenile, but in pathetic way, a 30yr old pretending to be in with the leaving cert kids. He thinks his gags are hilarious, subversive and ironic. No, they are just downright irritating.

Its a pain to have to change the radio station channel every day between 12-2pm, but otherwise you are left with those painfully annoying trumpet sounds and stupid sheep ringing up for abuse and responding 'love the show'. ha ****ying ha. Not funny never was.

Ray Foley is a lucky git and doesn't know what to do what the show and its plainly evident, no satire, no real humour, no incisive commentary, just a bit cover up of the sham that he is.

Just thinking, Ray Foley is on lunchtime, which isn't really a primetime slot. He has about 170,000 listeners, which is great for that time (I think)...

Colm & Jim Jim are on Breakfast on 2FM, which IS a primetime slot. They have 157,000 listeners.

If Foley were to move to breakfast on Today or 2FM, he'd be swimming in listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Fago! wrote: »
    Just thinking, Ray Foley is on lunchtime, which isn't really a primetime slot. He has about 170,000 listeners, which is great for that time (I think)...

Colm & Jim Jim are on Breakfast on 2FM, which IS a primetime slot. They have 157,000 listeners.

If Foley were to move to breakfast on Today or 2FM, he'd be swimming in listeners.

I have no idea how these statistics are calculated or how accurate they are. The fact remains Ray Foley is very poor at what he does, and the probability is he gets lucky in with the listeners who do not make or are unable to make the discerning effort to change channel when his weak voice and sad gags comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Haven't listened to him for awhile. He is a likeable guy but annoys me the way he campaigns so much on his own behalf re the Meteor awards. That and the fact another dj he has campaigned for Meteor award, KC, ended up getting the 10-12 pm indie slot, hasn't endeared him to me either since.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I find his thinly disguised hatred for good looking women highly distasteful...his supposed tongue in cheek attitude does'nt fool me.His celebrity DJ status is'nt in the least interesting even though he drones on about it it constantly...a failure academically and all he seems competent at is playing video games.

The numbers of listeners are prob due to the Ray Darcy fans not switching over which nodoubt is related to poor radio station options throughtout the country nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

bastados wrote: »

The numbers of listeners are prob due to the Ray Darcy fans not switching over which nodoubt is related to poor radio station options throughtout the country nationwide.

:rolleyes:
    Yeah that's the only plausible explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Love the Foley show...it aint the same without ray these last two weeks cant wait for him to come back.

Ann & JP are great when Ray is there but aint good enough on their own. Adelle should be back next month shouldnt she? Think she went around Xmas time.

Lazy radio & happy hour are class...great start to the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DJ Jay-o

Legendary.

"Cewl cewl...":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

He's an excellent DJ, JP is a naturally funny guy but not ready to fill someone else's slot...would need to make his own sometime in the future. Ann is grand...you get the impression that she's slightly afraid of Ray but she's a funny lady in her own right.

The problem stems from Foley's ego. He wants to be famous and thinks that he is. By constantly craving this fame his ego and selfishness have shone through on far too many occassions...damaging the credibility of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i think its all fun and games

do you think he actually believes how famous and loved he is ?

to me its just a game and hes milking it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Funny stuff today with Ray going on about being not very good looking. He actually had people who were good looking call him up and talk to him about the perks of their attractiveness.
    On a negative note, Anne has gone and adele is back..........ok shes not that bad, but anne is way more likeable, funny and just more easy going. Get Anne back.
    Agree about the DJ Jayo comments, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

tunguska wrote: »
    Funny stuff today with Ray going on about being not very good looking. He actually had people who were good looking call him up and talk to him about the perks of their attractiveness.
    On a negative note, Anne has gone and adele is back..........ok shes not that bad, but anne is way more likeable, funny and just more easy going. Get Anne back.
    Agree about the DJ Jayo comments, very funny.

Ah ****, I missed it. sounds like quality radio. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 33 allboutjojo

i really like the show.. podcasts and all:)

Noooooo!!! They're getting rid of Lazy Radio :(
    2 more weeks, then that's it.

Noooooo!!! They're getting rid of Lazy Radio :(
    2 more weeks, then that's it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Lazy radio good riddance you piss poor excuse for a radio feature!!!!!!!!!!
    Lazy radio is a terrible idea.

I love the show, but hate lazy radio.
    Although one thing I HATE is lazy radio. Ray, please for the love of sweet liquid christ drop it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Lazy radio good riddance you piss poor excuse for a radio feature!!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree. The Friday show is a bit of a joke with this and happy hour.

Bin it Foley

Advertisement