Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭ongarite

R.O.R wrote: »
    While some of it is down to people not buying cars due to Covid/Brexit, a lot of it is down to there being no cars to buy!

Stock shortages due to production delays from more or less all manufacturers. Only really VW & Skoda carrying anywhere near a decent level of stock, and that's rapidly depleting.

Vehicles that were supposed to be in before Christmas are delayed to Feb/March in a lot of cases. Factory order now for more or less anything so 10-12 weeks from most European manufacturers - 16 weeks at least for any BMW order.
    There is a worldwide semi conductor chip production bottleneck which is causing delays for car manufacturers too.
    There is more tech and need for more computing power in cars then ever before.
    Some plants have been idled ready due to this issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

eggy81 wrote: »
    Do you finish every post with that line. It’s almost like a signature for you.

Well it's true and only in here if it's about a VW Golf. One of the most overrated cars of all time.
    rn wrote: »
    Those new Octavias look lovely. Well ware to new owners. Big improvement over looks of previous model. My wife has a 181 one. I highly rate it. She had a 141 golf before that. New corolla hatches looks great too.
    And here is proof. She replaced her Golf with an Octavia. I van see a lot of people doing that the next couple of years now when they see how nicer the new Octavia is compared to the New Golf.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

AMKC wrote: »
    Well it's true and only in here if it's about a VW Golf. One of the most overrated cars of all time.

And here is proof. She replaced her Golf with an Octavia. I van see a lot of people doing that the next couple of years now when they see how nicer the new Octavia is compared to the New Golf.
    I agree looks wise the new octavia is nicer than the new golf but how is a person replacing one car with another brand proof that the brand before is the most over rated car of all time? In that case my old focus is one of the most over rated cars of all time too. How many golfs have you driven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I saw my first 211 car last Sunday,

It looked crossover/SUV sized, it was night time, but it had a light going down through its front grill, looked like part of the DRL's which I'd never seen before. Could be a new design or a refresh, but I'd never seen anything like it before..

Anyone any idea what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Jasper79

It looked crossover/SUV sized, it was night time, but it had a light going down through its front grill, looked like part of the DRL's which I'd never seen before. Could be a new design or a refresh, but I'd never seen anything like it before..

New Tuscon? I've seen a few around test driving, they look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

probably a peugeot of some kind they have a few models with lights like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Jasper79 wrote: »
    New Tuscon? I've seen a few around test driving, they look well.

Yes I would think so, I saw a 211 Tucson yesterday as well. The DRLs are a bit odd, can't decide if I like or hate them. The rear is quite nice though

539320.jpg

Ms

Do you finish every post with that line. It’s almost like a signature for you.
    I agree looks wise the new octavia is nicer than the new golf but how is a person replacing one car with another brand proof that the brand before is the most over rated car of all time? In that case my old focus is one of the most over rated cars of all time too. How many golfs have you driven?

Because if she replaced it with on Octavia then another Golf must not have been good enough be it in space or equipment or how it drives.
    As for the MK 1 Focus anyway it certainly was not overrated. It was a great car.
    A few. I found them very dull, slow, heavy and not much feel through the steering wheel.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes I would think so, I saw a 211 Tucson yesterday as well. The DRLs are a bit odd, can't decide if I like or hate them. The rear is quite nice though

Kind of like this, but on the one I saw, the lights running down the grill also extended into the middle of the grill.

I've just looked on the Peugot website, and it 'almost' looks like what they are doing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Kind of like this, but on the one I saw, the lights running down the grill also extended into the middle of the grill.

I've just looked on the Peugot website, and it 'almost' looks like what they are doing...

Ah okay, possibly the new Peugeot 3008/5008 then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Because if she replaced it with on Octavia then another Golf must not have been good enough be it in space or equipment or how it drives.
    As for the MK 1 Focus anyway it certainly was not overrated. It was a great car.
    A few. I found them very dull, slow, heavy and not much feel through the steering wheel.

Thank God nphet dont use the same sample size of 1 like you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

You must never have driven a Golf R then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

539320.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously but that hideous. The front is ok but I walked by one yesterday and the back is awful. They will sell absolutely loads of them, shows you what the man on the internet knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Spotted an RS6 doing the rounds, 211 reg.

Really looked the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

hooch-85 wrote: »
    You must never have driven a Golf R then.

An Octavia is a heavier Golf so like for like the Golf would be faster anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

maddness wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously but that hideous. The front is ok but I walked by one yesterday and the back is awful. They will sell absolutely loads of them, shows you what the man on the internet knows!

Yes they are absolutely rank, a Duster is actually appealing now....

Did I just say that??

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Few pics of my new 530e X Drive.

I forgot to take pics at the dealer when it was clean, and the weather has been atrocious since.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yes they are absolutely rank, a Duster is actually appealing now....

Did I just say that??

I’d rather a Duster, at least there is no aspirations in a Dacia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

maddness wrote: »

Agreed! I think Hyundai have really regressed with that design! The 3008 is by far the best looking car in that category now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Doddles88

AidenL wrote: »

I forgot to take pics at the dealer when it was clean, and the weather has been atrocious since.

Really like the new range of alloys BMW have given the facelifted 5 series.

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Agreed! I think Hyundai have really regressed with that design! The 3008 is by far the best looking car in that category now.

Peugeot are making great looking cars these days and brilliant interiors too. I think they are the most desirable of the non prestigious brands (whatever that means)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Great colour combo. Well wear!

Makes me want to do a job on my steering wheel again after seeing yours and how they're meant to look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

For some reason the front of the new Tuscon reminds me a bit of the Nissan Murano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

colm_mcm wrote: »
    An Octavia is a heavier Golf so like for like the Golf would be faster anyway.

I agree and not every Golf driver would be interested in an Octavia and vice versa. I don't think it's fair to make a comparison between the two to be honest.

I quite like that Hyundai have done that with the Tucson. We’ve had the same old thing from most of the manufacturers for years.
    It’s different but not ugly, and I think it will win a lot of people over once they get over the shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Nice 211 Volvo XC40 Recharge Plug-in hybrid in a neighbours drive since the weekend

Not cheap I imagine but looks great

Would take a picture but they might think it a bit weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭MarkN

Nice 211 Volvo XC40 Recharge Plug-in hybrid in a neighbours drive since the weekend

Not cheap I imagine but looks great

Would take a picture but they might think it a bit weird

I’m driving one since Christmas week and I can’t fault it - except for the 55k price of the one I am in.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

Why not get an estate? Its good looking too or better yet a Skoda Octavia has a big boot.

Double up as a hearse at some stage for her - simply clever

Doddles88 wrote: »
    Really like the new range of alloys BMW have given the facelifted 5 series.
    Thanks, yep, I do like those rims.
    Wailin wrote: »
    Great colour combo. Well wear!

Makes me want to do a job on my steering wheel again after seeing yours and how they're meant to look!

Thank you. All picked sight unseen. I’m delighted with the way it looks overall.

I never noticed the buttons for the left/right parking light before. Is this a typical BMW thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Fab car - love the colour of both the exterior and interior. I have envy. :D

I never noticed the buttons for the left/right parking light before. Is this a typical BMW thing?

Only on the g30. The f10 didn't have that.

I also notice that the lci doesn't have the foglight switch whereas mine (pre lci) has. Have the foglights been removed Aiden?

Wailin wrote: »
    Only on the g30. The f10 didn't have that.

I also notice that the lci doesn't have the foglight switch whereas mine (pre lci) has. Have the foglights been removed Aiden?

No foglight, though I specced the Laser lights, not sure if that's a factor?

Fog lights are pretty useless anyway apart from decoration.
    I’m sure you’re well covered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I walked past one of the new Hyundai i20's yesterday, nice looking car.

Ms

opus wrote: »

I seen one on the road while out walking the dogs last week. No way to get a pick as it went by to fast but it looked nice. Maybe next time. :cool:

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Fog lights are pretty useless anyway apart from decoration.
    I’m sure you’re well covered!

But they look cool in broad daylight with the sun shining :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

it's new to have the buttons but you can hold the indicator in either direction to do the same thing in previous generations

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

Picked up the Sportage today. Love it!!

• Advertisement
    Ms

Picked up the Sportage today. Love it!!

How about some pictures then and well wear with your new Sportage.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Is the Volvo xc40 in that category? Far nicer imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Seema new Tucson today coming towards me, definitely a big change, lighting is very concept type future looking, like stuff from such as in 2000 or so....

Looks well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭mossie

opus wrote: »

I'm due to collect one today, nice car alright. Dealer was just on to me that they can't register the car as Revenue site is down so maybe not today...

Is the Volvo xc40 in that category? Far nicer imho.

Yes and no. In terms of size, yes. In terms of price, absolutely not in the same category. The volvo starts from €40k

The 3008, Qashqai, Sportage, Kuga, Tucson, Tiguan all start from around €27k-€30k new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Yes and no. In terms of size, yes. In terms of price, absolutely not in the same category. The volvo starts from €40k

The 3008, Qashqai, Sportage, Kuga, Tucson, Tiguan all start from around €27k-€30k new.

Never knew the Tiguan could be go at that money

• Advertisement

kermitpwee wrote: »

On the VW website they start at 31,500 but you'd easily get one for thirty on the forecourt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Any pics of the boot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Saw my first 211 today. Another tigwun

Ms

I disagree. Put an XC40 beside a Sportage and the Sportage will be the bigger car and have more interior room too. I know I have been in both and while I really wanted to like the Volvo I just thought it was a big disappointment.
    It's a pot of money to pay for a car with a dull interior as well. At least with a Sportage its not too bad

kermitpwee wrote: »

Why would you want one? They are about as exciting as butter.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Why would you want one? They are about as exciting as butter.
    i think we all get the point by now that you dont like the vag range:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement