Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

211 reg cars.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

Have a new Tucson (exec plus hybrid) ordered but not expecting it until late Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭RINO87

Where's the laois focus? It's nearly half one already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I am predicting there will be a lot more Ssangyongs sold this year than last year and that they will start to become popular again. The new Korando is very classy and the dash looks good too if a little bit boring but its nicely done. Good deals on them at the moment too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

AMKC wrote: »
    I am predicting there will be a lot more Ssangyongs sold this year than last year and that they will start to become popular again. The new Korando is very classy and the dash looks good too if a little bit boring but its nicely done. Good deals on them at the moment too.
    They went bankrupt just before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

ba_barabus wrote: »

They were fined for making the most hideous looking cars in the universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

AidenL wrote: »
    Yeah, Im in Donegal , bought in Dublin. Not sure I could explain that trip as essential though.

Maybe it will be dropped at the house, but Im sure they will want to view my old car.

I bought it by phone and email, no dealer visit in last Level 5 or whatever it was called in October. So be interesting to see what happens next.

How did you negotiate a cost to change if dealer couldn’t view your car? Are you buying without viewing or testing the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

carsfan2 wrote: »
    How did you negotiate a cost to change if dealer couldn’t view your car? Are you buying without viewing or testing the new one?

They use a system called Appraisee, seems a lot of the large dealers do now. I sent pics, they came back to me with a trade in price, did the deal, never set foot in the dealership.

My car will be checked at exchange time to make sure it’s as described, if not, price would be subject to change. It’s in my interest to describe it as accurately as possible.

This method is getting more common anyway, look at the Tesla sales model.

I knew the car I wanted, I didn’t bother test driving it. I specked it up, paid a deposit, credit check was run, and order placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

AidenL wrote: »
    They use a system called Appraisee, seems a lot of the large dealers do now. I sent pics, they came back to me with a trade in price, did the deal, never set foot in the dealership.

My car will be checked at exchange time to make sure it’s as described, if not, price would be subject to change. It’s in my interest to describe it as accurately as possible.

This method is getting more common anyway, look at the Tesla sales model.

I knew the car I wanted, I didn’t bother test driving it. I specked it up, paid a deposit, credit check was run, and order placed.

Wow. May I ask what you're getting?
    I have ordered a new car and got a trade in estimate on phone but dealer wanted to physically examine mine before confirming deal. I test drove before ordering as wasn't sure what I wanted.
    I didn't realise it was possible to do everything remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Wow. May I ask what you're getting?
    I have ordered a new car and got a trade in estimate on phone but dealer wanted to physically examine mine before confirming deal. I test drove before ordering as wasn't sure what I wanted.
    I didn't realise it was possible to do everything remotely.

I’m getting a 530e MSport. Hopefully I won’t get an unpleasant surprise at trade in time, but my current car is in good shape, I described it accurately.

Fingers crossed!

Ms

Actually they did not go bankrupt they just had some restructuring of dept and have got new investors.
    John_Rambo wrote: »
    They were fined for making the most hideous looking cars in the universe.

Lol.

Another car I am predicting we will see a lot more of on the roads is the new MGs. Can not wait to see one in the metal.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

We won a brand new car so picking it up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Isn't a non-sense to buy a brand new pure fossil car in 2021?

Cilar wrote: »

Depends if you want to be able to go anywhere in it.

Went for a fairly long stroll around cork city today, not a 211 to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭GusGus

RINO87 wrote: »
    Went for a fairly long stroll around cork city today, not a 211 to be seen.

Serious post ? It’s a bank holiday and garages are closed !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Actually they did not go bankrupt they just had some restructuring of dept and have got new investors.

Lol.

Another car I am predicting we will see a lot more of on the roads is the new MGs. Can not wait to see one in the metal.
    MGs look like a shopping trolley with the tiny wheels. I had a poke about them. Can't see them selling very many given the price and issues they seen to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

ted1 wrote: »
    For people looking at ICE? Are you not worried that they are outdated are will suffer from poor resale value ?
    Gael23 wrote: »
    Not Diesel I hope

This used to be a light hearted annual thread about new motors.

Not any more.

Sign of the times I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

elperello wrote: »
    This used to be a light hearted annual thread about new motors.

Not any more.

Sign of the times I suppose.

exactly why I won't be revealing what I'm buying on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well they’re starting from zero so yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

I looked at the Hyundai Tuscon but it just looks huge from the front. Quashqai bit smaller on the inside. I am driving my corolla 13 years but doubt I will get that from the new Sportage. Just liked the look of it. Most new jeeps look more like crossovers which is a bit disappointing. Kia doing mild diesel hybrid, got 0% finance and ok trade in. Ticks my boxes and I'm going red colour so I'm happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Yesterday as I watched a couple struggle at an ESB charge point for 30 mins before they were able to start charging I can tell you Ireland is not ready infrastructure wise

Ms

I looked at the Hyundai Tuscon but it just looks huge from the front. Quashqai bit smaller on the inside. I am driving my corolla 13 years but doubt I will get that from the new Sportage. Just liked the look of it. Most new jeeps look more like crossovers which is a bit disappointing. Kia doing mild diesel hybrid, got 0% finance and ok trade in. Ticks my boxes and I'm going red colour so I'm happy!
    Awe very good. Well well done and best of luck with it when you get it and red is a good colour on it. Actually the Dads current one is red his first one which was the model before the current model came out was white and they have both been super reliable no issues at all. Almost makes it boring do. No idea what colour his new one will be sure could have but would prefer to be surprised I am thinking do it might be gold as he wanted the last one in gold but hope I am wrong and its blue as Kia have a really nice blue and they look well in blue too.
    Anyway best of look with your new one when you get it and if serviced and looked after proper like a Toyota they will just go and go. You should get at least 10 years out of it if you want to I would say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Good review on the Koronda,

https://youtu.be/E3UrmJKPlWQ

Don't wright them of just yet they are worth checking out and looking at. Certainly nicer looking than a VW Tiguan

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Certainly nicer looking than a VW Tiguan

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The search is over, 211-LS-1

The search is over, 211-LS-1

Is that an EcoSport? I thought they stopped making that for the Puma.

Another ecosport?

Guy really loves Fords..

€9000 in India. €21000 here (230% more)
    https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/

T-Roc is €22,000 in India and €27000 here (22% more)

GusGus wrote: »
    Serious post ? It’s a bank holiday and garages are closed !

Yes! I used always spot new reg cars on new years day. I'm guessing some garages opened for loyal customers or whatever, ford man in lapis being a prime example

RINO87 wrote: »
    Yes! I used always spot new reg cars on new years day. I'm guessing some garages opened for loyal customers or whatever, ford man in lapis being a prime example

You’d always spot the dealers that register stuff on the 1st when you see real low number cars around. Hinchys Kia/Opel in Limerick being a good example.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Another ecosport?

Guy really loves Fords..

€9000 in India. €21000 here (230% more)
    https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/

T-Roc is €22,000 in India and €27000 here (22% more)

The top one is 133% more, not 230. Still a massive rip in comparison to 22% though.

Advertisement