Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

AMKC wrote: »
    Why would you want one? They are about as exciting as butter.

They’re all as dull as dishwater maybe except the 5008. They’re SUV’s. Not really built for excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Why would you want one? They are about as exciting as butter.

Because they're "a jeep"

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

VAG are very conservative with their design which puts some people off (me included) but just look at the reaction here to the new Tucson (which I quite like!) and you can see why they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭sk8board

fricatus wrote: »
    Because they're "a jeep"

No-one buys a mid size family suv because it’s a jeep - when have you ever heard anyone refer to their quasquai, Tucson or sportage as their ‘jeep’.
    These days a jeep is probably a dualcab (that’s what we call ours anyway).

Anyone with small kids and their monster isofix seats getting in and out a few times a day can explain why they are popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Nice x5 in moneygall
    Re98f3U.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭PatM65

Seema new Tucson today coming towards me, definitely a big change, lighting is very concept type future looking, like stuff from such as in 2000 or so....

Looks well.

Saw a Tucson coming towards me in traffic this afternoon. Thought the DRLs looked okay.

Checked my rear view mirror to see what the tail lights were like.....why do so many (all?) car manufacturers now insist on not having tail lights coming on with DRLs?

Surely it can't be some kind of cost saving measure. And it would also stop so many people driving around at dusk or even in the dark in urban areas blissfully unaware that they have no rear lights on. Rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sk8board wrote: »
    No-one buys a mid size family suv because it’s a jeep - when have you ever heard anyone refer to their quasquai, Tucson or sportage as their ‘jeep’.

Oh boy, you need to talk to some people from south Kilkenny! Within the past fortnight I heard a Hyundai Tucson owner complaining that there was a noise coming out of the engine in her "jeep". Prior to the lockdown I heard of another person's sister going over to England to buy a "jeep". She came back with an ix35.

Apologies if I'm dragging the thread off topic a bit, but that's very much the appeal of the Tiguan, Tucson, Koleos, etc., to middle-aged buyers in the country, that "they're a jeep and you sit up high in them".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The wife collected her 1.5 150BHP Sportsline Karoq in steel grey today.

It's a lovely car and a huge step up from the Yeti she had.

Will add a photo tomorrow once I get one in the daylight.

Edit: just looking at the infotainment system here and it's saying navigation is unavailable. Am I right in saying that the Sportsline should have nav?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

TitianGerm wrote: »

Edit: just looking at the infotainment system here and it's saying navigation is unavailable. Am I right in saying that the Sportsline should have nav?

I thought only the Style had a navigation system but I could be wrong.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I thought only the Style had a navigation system but I could be wrong.

Style is the mid spec and Sportsline is the highest spec though. That's why I thought Nav should be on it. Maybe the dealer forgot to install them with the SD card or something :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is it in the glove box

L-M wrote: »
    Is it in the glove box

I'll have a look in the morning, herself said she didn't see anything in there but it might be in with the manual in the pouch?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Took 2 weeks for me to see a 211reg. A civic yesterday. I aint been on the road much or looking out for them in all fairness. Great to see the laois ford as usual - would like to know the fellas story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll have a look in the morning, herself said she didn't see anything in there but it might be in with the manual in the pouch?

Yeah it could be or in a DVD style box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭MarkN

Hogzy wrote: »
    Yes and no. In terms of size, yes. In terms of price, absolutely not in the same category. The volvo starts from €40k

The 3008, Qashqai, Sportage, Kuga, Tucson, Tiguan all start from around €27k-€30k new.

You need to look up your price lists. The new Tucson doesn’t begin with a 2 anywhere. The petrol hybrid ain’t far off a new XC40 at all.

Wouldn’t be much between a Sportage and an XC40 either in terms of space, just that the KIA is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WEZANGO

Are there any dealerships that offer 48 months PCP finance? I only know BMW and Mazda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,424 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not seen a single one yet, longest ever, lockdown sucks, will drive past the local main dealer tomorrow to seek my first fix (within my 5k)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MarkN wrote: »
    You need to look up your price lists. The new Tucson doesn’t begin with a 2 anywhere. The petrol hybrid ain’t far off a new XC40 at all.

Wouldn’t be much between a Sportage and an XC40 either in terms of space, just that the KIA is cheaper.

Was taking them from carzone.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Apple car play is better so I wouldn’t lose sleep over it

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    Apple car play is better so I wouldn’t lose sleep over it

Dam you Gael, why didn't you post that 8 hours ago. I've been awake all night worrying about it :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

WEZANGO wrote: »
    Are there any dealerships that offer 48 months PCP finance? I only know BMW and Mazda.

Alfa Romeo do 48 months too, if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Saw a 211 Kia Sorento today in Limerick. Have to say it's an impressive looking SUV. The rear end is more like an american style than Korean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Nearly 60k for top spec! Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭combat14

saw 1 audi a5 211 last week in midlands thats it so far - nice looking car to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I hadn’t seen any until today, including three of the new model Hyundai Tucson. One was parked up and I had a look in. A very impressive cabin I thought huge step up from the old model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen my first 211 today nothing special just some VW Tiguan in black or grey hardly worth a picture. Honestly would it be that hard for VW to be put some effort and style into there cars and actually design them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Saw a 211 Kia Sorento today in Limerick. Have to say it's an impressive looking SUV. The rear end is more like an american style than Korean.

Did I see you in Castletroy today?
    A T reg golf R in limestone grey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Wailin wrote: »
    Nearly 60k for top spec! Wow.

For a bloody Kia...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Seen my first 211 car today and it was a VW Tiguan.

Ms

maddness wrote: »
    For a bloody Kia...

What else would you get like it and at that size for similar money? It might seem like a lot and indeed it is a lot of doh but it is a big well designed and engineered car. I doubt many will be the top spec most people might buy the mid spec but even then most people might be trading in so it would only really be 30 or 40k that some of the owners will be paying for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

What else would you get like it and at that size for similar money? It might seem like a lot and indeed it is a lot of doh but it is a big well designed and engineered car. I doubt many will be the top spec most people might buy the mid spec but even then most people might be trading in so it would only really be 30 or 40k that some of the owners will be paying for it.

I’d have a large estate car instead. If it had to be a suv I’d have a few year old X5/Q7/Merc whatever it’s called or Lexus hybrid thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If it had to be a suv I’d have a few year old X5/Q7/Merc whatever it’s called or Lexus hybrid thing.

You have to remember that the vast majority of brand new Kia's or Hyundai's that are driving around are probably on PCP deals, whereas the owners wouldn't get the same deals to buy a 2yr old X5/Q7 or Lexus.

Seen my first ones on Friday.

3 brand new Panda bin trucks in convoy on the m7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d have a large estate car instead. If it had to be a suv I’d have a few year old X5/Q7/Merc whatever it’s called or Lexus hybrid thing.

The point is, for that segment, for a new car, maybe that’s not overpriced, even ‘for a Kia’

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The point is, for that segment, for a new car, maybe that’s not overpriced, even ‘for a Kia’

Yeah you are probably right, it still seems a hell of a lot for a Kia SUV though.

Ms

Seen my first ones on Friday.

3 brand new Panda bin trucks in convoy on the m7.

Jeez I thought I was unlucky. For a few seconds when I was reading your post and I seen Panda I thought it was Fiat Panda's lol. Be rare to see any of them new now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Actually saw a 211 fiat yesterday a 500x.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Did I see you in Castletroy today?
    A T reg golf R in limestone grey?

Only seeing this now carsfan. Yes that was me. Had a nice chat with the friendly garda at the checkpoint just up passed chawkes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Only seeing this now carsfan. Yes that was me. Had a nice chat with the friendly garda at the checkpoint just up passed chawkes too.

I seen you too....:D

Ms

ofcork wrote: »
    Actually saw a 211 fiat yesterday a 500x.

Oh very nice.someone with class and style and who thinks outside the box and not just another sheep buying the same car as everyone else.
    Wish that had been my first 211.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Your car makes a lovely noise.
    That check point is there 24/7. Stupid really as there are so many alternatives if you want to avoid them.

Truckermal wrote: »
    I seen you too....:D

Can't go anywhere these days.
    carsfan2 wrote: »
    Your car makes a lovely noise.
    That check point is there 24/7. Stupid really as there are so many alternatives if you want to avoid them.

Was it in the shopping centre you saw me?
    Thanks, it may have had a bit of assistance in that regard. I'm biased but I prefer how the manuals sound. DSG farts are not for me.

Anyway I'm derailing the thread with my old car;)

When is your 211 arriving carsfan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Oh very nice.someone with class and style and who thinks outside the box and not just another sheep buying the same car as everyone else.

Lol

Can't go anywhere these days.

Was it in the shopping centre you saw me?
    Thanks, it may have had a bit of assistance in that regard. I'm biased but I prefer how the manuals sound. DSG farts are not for me.

Anyway I'm derailing the thread with my old car;)

When is your 211 arriving carsfan?

Yeah I was crossing the road when you drove past.
    New car was due February but looks like April now. I presume covid lockdown in Germany to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I was very surprised to see a 211 Mondeo today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

First one I saw was 211 Nissan Juke parked in the estate where I live. Not bad looking, big improvement on the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Starting to see a few around. First one I spotted was a Lexus ES300H in a Supervalu carpark, have since seen an Opel Corsa in a driveway and a bright yellow Peugeot 208 on the road, that colour suits it. I know someone who got a new Puma too, but I can't see it in person until restrictions lift. Expecting my own new car to arrive in the next few weeks too, it's in the country apparently.

Expecting my own new car to arrive in the next few weeks too, it's in the country apparently.

How long does it usually take to get from the ship docking in port to the dealer? My own one landed in the port 10 days ago apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I saw my first one today, no pic I was driving.

It was a black Land Cruiser Commercial.

A bit like back to the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Does anyone know is brexit delaying new cars coming in? Or is it irrelevant because they'd usually be coming in from Europe via boat anyway and not through the UK. I'm waiting on a Peugeot 5008 ordered in November. Asked the dealer last week for an ETA and just got a response that it is 'live in the system and should be due by end of January'

Advertisement