Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

Jealous?

Of repayments no thanks - lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Said farewell to my 07 Honda Civic today and hello to my Luna Sport Hybrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do think the latest corolla hatchback looks far better than the saloon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lovely colour for it too. Well wear.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Very smart. It looks great. Congrats & safe motoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Thanks for well wishes. It will be a while before I can take her out for a proper drive. For now I can just admire it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a 211 sportage and an unregistered new model tuscon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,474 ✭✭✭✭road_high

PsychoPete wrote: »

Both great looking cars really, particularly in non base specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The in laws picked up their new Focus today. Peterdil mild hybrid engine.

Ford seem to have finally done a bit with the spec of them and gave it things it should have had for a while like an auto handbrake and auto wipers. I had my head set on not liking it but when i seen it in the flesh it is a nice car.

It has some flicky outy things when you open the doors for to protect your door edges when you mill them into other peoples car doors in car parks. I've never seen anthing like it before, simple but clever. You'd rarely see something on a car now that you've never seen before. Google says Ford have made them for a while but i've never seen them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ford seem to have finally done a bit with the spec of them and gave it things it should have had for a while like an auto handbrake and auto wipers. I had my head set on not liking it but when i seen it in the flesh it is a nice car.

It has some flicky outy things when you open the doors for to protect your door edges when you mill them into other peoples car doors in car parks. I've never seen anthing like it before, simple but clever. You'd rarely see something on a car now that you've never seen before. Google says Ford have made them for a while but i've never seen them before.

Ford had those as an option on the last generation Focus too.

It was optional on the last gen Octavia too, and most of their current models too.

I think they’re a great idea in the absence of side rubbing strips, doesn’t stop some idiot that doesn’t have the, hitting your car though.

I think the old system was purely mechanical too.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Ye the new Focus looks very classy and stylish and been a Ford will drive great too. Why anyone would have a Golf over one is beyond me.

Not so keen on the new Kuga do but the new Puma looks well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Genuinely never seen anything like it before! Really clever little gadget.

These ones sounded mechanical but i didn't interrogate them too much, was trying to play it cool.

"Ah yeah, flicky outy door protectors, completed it mate" kind of thing.

That being said, this Focus from what i can see was basically the price of a Golf and although i am biased, a Golf - the Focus is not. Lots of scrimpy little things make it not as nice. The instrument cluser is very low rent, the door handles with the keyholes are a bit of a joke, how the seats are finished into the floor is very 90's and things like that.

Yeah, but the new Golf’s gonna disappoint a lot of mk7 owners too.

A subtly different kind of disappointment though.

Not saying the Focus is a bad car by any means btw just that it is still very much a Focus and some of those crap little things it has are things that the Golf (7 or 8) doesn't have that somewhat made it worth the few bob extra. The Golf 8 will grow into itself i think for what it's worth.

First world problems in general though :) some people are walking for miles just to get to unclean drinking water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Genuinely never seen anything like it before! Really clever little gadget.

These ones sounded mechanical but i didn't interrogate them too much, was trying to play it cool.

"Ah yeah, flicky outy door protectors, completed it mate" kind of thing.

The only car I ever saw them on was a 2017 RS Focus a relation has. Car is modified >400bhp and tbh it was the door protectors that everyone was looking at first just because you never see them. I thought they were a cool idea, at the time I thought maybe only RS Focus has them obviously not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I've never seen anthing like it before, simple but clever.

Have to laugh at this post.

Skoda have them for years on the new Kodiaq etc, Skodas phrase is “Simply clever”.... lol

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah, but the new Golf’s gonna disappoint a lot of mk7 owners too.

I haven’t met a disappointed MK8 owner yet!

L-M wrote: »
    Have to laugh at this post.

Skoda have them for years on the new Kodiaq etc, Skodas phrase is “Simply clever”.... lol

Next i'll be telling you they've put a little ice scraper inside the fuel filler door too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,474 ✭✭✭✭road_high

AMKC wrote: »
    Ye the new Focus looks very classy and stylish and been a Ford will drive great too. Why anyone would have a Golf over one is beyond me.

Not so keen on the new Kuga do but the new Puma looks well.

Yea the new Kuga is horrible looking. Big doopy cartoon like face on it. Old model was way sharper and classier in my opinion. I don’t know who signs off some of these designs at times

Next i'll be telling you they've put a little ice scraper inside the fuel filler door too :pac:

Or a clip on the front windscreen to hold your parking ticket...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

PsychoPete wrote: »

My 80 year old aunt wants a new Corolla and will not have a hatchback as her golf clubs (taken up at age of 65) will not fit. Won't have an automatic either. HAs made the search very hard. Lockdown saved me.

Ms

Marcusm wrote: »
    My 80 year old aunt wants a new Corolla and will not have a hatchback as her golf clubs (taken up at age of 65) will not fit. Won't have an automatic either. HAs made the search very hard. Lockdown saved me.

Why not get an estate? Its good looking too or better yet a Skoda Octavia has a big boot.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,582 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I suggest that you get her to test drive an automatic.

I have seen a few older people being able to extend their driving years by getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Picked up one of them there electric yolks today. I hope there's no power cuts and it doesn't rain :D:p

539248.jpg

539249.jpg

Two tone leather interior...
    539250.jpg

Fancy wheels...
    539251.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Oops!

May i ask what is the list price of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Oops! wrote: »
    May i ask what is the list price of that?

Hi,

It's 34,000 euro on the road with metallic paint.

There are likely better EV's out there for the money so head over to the EV forum if you've any questions and there's plenty of people happy to help with any questions.

That's a great colour on it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's a great colour on it!

I love blues and variations of blue. Never understood the obsession with grey-silver we seem to have here. Is it to match the sky? Our souls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Skoda octavia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,582 ✭✭✭✭elperello

spurious wrote: »
    I love blues and variations of blue. Never understood the obsession with grey-silver we seem to have here. Is it to match the sky? Our souls?

It's so the scratches from the ditches don't show up as much.

At least that's what my rural friends say. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

Well wear everyone!
    Definitely fewer pics on the thread than other years - what are people hearing from the trade on how things are going so far for Jan registrations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

rk3c0xx.jpg

New Skoda Octavia, 2.0TDI 115hp Style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

sk8board wrote: »
    Well wear everyone!
    Definitely fewer pics on the thread than other years - what are people hearing from the trade on how things are going so far for Jan registrations?

Picked mine up yesterday and asked the dealer that question. He said it wasn't too bad, which I take it mean down a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

rk3c0xx.jpg

New Skoda Octavia, 2.0TDI 115hp Style.

nice, but is it underpowered with 115bhp?

Genuine question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Pity VAG are still selling diesels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭easyvision

Gael23 wrote: »

The new ones have less Co2 and less Nox than some of their new petrols!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

easyvision wrote: »

Thats what they tell us anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's also a pity some people cannot just contribute to the spirit of the thread instead of spoiling it with their anti (insert whatever is currently trendy to hate) opinions.

Not for the people to who diesel is still the most viabale fuel option.

nice, but is it underpowered with 115bhp?

Genuine question
    I'm not the owner of that blue octavia but we have the same car in silver and its not slow in 115bhp, I was trying to get herself to get the 150 but this 115 seems fine but need more time to see how good or bad it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If I remember correctly there is a fair gap in price between the 115bhp and 150bhp versions. I'd say for most the 115bhp will probably do the job.

Ms

Well wear with that Octavia@One Man Clappin. It looks well very Volvo like and very stylish. Much nicer than a Golf.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

bazz26 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there is a fair gap in price between the 115bhp and 150bhp versions. I'd say for most the 115bhp will probably do the job.

I think it was 2.5k for the 150bhp extra

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Doddles88

sk8board wrote: »
    Well wear everyone!

Seems to be down around 25% on last year. https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/article/10691/First-new-car-sales-data-of-2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

AMKC wrote: »
    Well wear with that Octavia@One Man Clappin. It looks well very Volvo like and very stylish. Much nicer than a Golf.

Do you finish every post with that line. It’s almost like a signature for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭rn

I finally own my 161 this month after 5 years of repayments. Does that count?
    Went HP at the time because they offered me same interest rate as PCP and they allowed me put a much bigger deposit towards cost of car on HP.
    The car did less than 1500kms in 2020. 2 fills of fuel. End of Jan and July. Just under half tank in it at year end.

So I won't be upgrading for a while...

Those new Octavias look lovely. Well ware to new owners. Big improvement over looks of previous model. My wife has a 181 one. I highly rate it. She had a 141 golf before that. New corolla hatches looks great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Doddles88 wrote: »

While some of it is down to people not buying cars due to Covid/Brexit, a lot of it is down to there being no cars to buy!

Stock shortages due to production delays from more or less all manufacturers. Only really VW & Skoda carrying anywhere near a decent level of stock, and that's rapidly depleting.

Vehicles that were supposed to be in before Christmas are delayed to Feb/March in a lot of cases. Factory order now for more or less anything so 10-12 weeks from most European manufacturers - 16 weeks at least for any BMW order.

We've already got 5 cars on order for July registration due to lead times, and these were ordered last year. Our order bank coming in to this year was about 10% down on what we'd usually expect, but I didn't get any cars registered until the 7th Jan - usually I'd have 10+ registered on the first Monday of the New Year, and I've still got less than 15% of expected January registrations in so far, nearly half way through the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I ordered my new car back in October at one stage it had an April build date before it was brought forward to this week and its not expected to arrive to Ireland until some time in next month.

bazz26 wrote: »

Performance seems identical to the older 1.6, in the Passat at least.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

easyvision wrote: »

We've heard that before somewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement