Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

jk23 wrote: »
    Are there still delays? The last parcel they sent me they didn't take a photo of it and I am missing one at the moment that PM customer service say they have but can't find....

My last parcel was as normal, delivered to NI at 11:00. Stored in motel at 03:00 the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

thats what happened to mine, no photo. very suspicious

What is the status of your parcel? Are you still waiting for it to be delivered from Belfast?..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Delays may be location dependent. My parcel arrived in their depot in Dublin on Saturday afternoon and arrived for collection (Dublin) this evening.

Sarn wrote: »
    Delays may be location dependent. My parcel arrived in their depot in Dublin on Saturday afternoon and arrived for collection (Dublin) this evening.

My parcel was delivered last Tuesday at 11.19 to the Belfast depot and they can't find in the warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

What is the status of your parcel? Are you still waiting for it to be delivered from Belfast?..

The box was delivered, but nothing in it other than bubble wrap

• Advertisement

The box was delivered, but nothing in it other than bubble wrap

That's very weird, did you find out who signed for it in Belfast? I know the name of the person and have sent a message to Parcel motel but there was no photo of the last parcel that was delivered however the parcel that is missing was delivered with it ...

That's very weird, did you find out who signed for it in Belfast? I know the name of the person and have sent a message to Parcel motel but there was no photo of the last parcel that was delivered however the parcel that is missing was delivered with it ...

I don't. dublin parcel motel are looking into it. How do you find out who signed for it in belfast.? On my account there is just a graphic box instead of an actual photo of the box. It just doesn't sound right at all.

I don't. dublin parcel motel are looking into it. How do you find out who signed for it in belfast.? On my account there is just a graphic box instead of an actual photo of the box. It just doesn't sound right at all.

Parcelforce told me, I had to pay customs to get it released to the depot. William Moore is the name that signed for it. They are telling me they are searching the warehouse for it but it sounds like it's lost or worse

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone know can I send parcel to UK but instead storing in locker ,drop it off at main depot?I was trying to call them but no answer and I could not find anything on their site.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

Does anyone know can I send parcel to UK but instead storing in locker ,drop it off at main depot?I was trying to call them but no answer and I could not find anything on their site.Thanks

There's a locker at the Finglas depot so you could drop it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Have always had good results with Parcel Motel. But I have a parcel coming from UK, was scanned into their depot in Dublin Thursday morning and no movement since. Usually it would go out same day or next day to the local collection point. I guess they are busy. I hope it moves Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yea parcels are taking 2-3 days longer. Any time this crowd are under pressure they seem to drop customer service and not bother their arses answering the phone. If there was an alternative option in my town I’d take it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea parcels are taking 2-3 days longer. Any time this crowd are under pressure they seem to drop customer service and not bother their arses answering the phone. If there was an alternative option in my town I’d take it

Think of the number of staff required to answer the phone and give you the exact same answer as tracking will give you

Darc19 wrote: »
    Think of the number of staff required to answer the phone and give you the exact same answer as tracking will give you

Not always so. These couriers can often lose parcels and tracking never gets updated. Just sits in limbo and is forgotten about Fastway being a prime example of this kind of thing from personal experience. So people naturally want re-assurance so ring customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Darc19 wrote: »

That's a reason for crap customer service? It's in the tracking?

Sorry, but if I have an issue, including with tracking, I'd like to discuss it with somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone sent anything to germany using nightline ? I know UPS has bought them out and UPS service is ****e as hell so very sceptical using nightline

Flaccus wrote: »
    Have always had good results with Parcel Motel. But I have a parcel coming from UK, was scanned into their depot in Dublin Thursday morning and no movement since. Usually it would go out same day or next day to the local collection point. I guess they are busy. I hope it moves Tuesday.

So my parcel is due for delivery tomorrow. Arrived in Belfast depot on the 20th, scanned into Dublin depot on Thursday 22nd. Have to wait another week for delivery. Absolute crap service on par with Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

So my parcel is due for delivery tomorrow. Arrived in Belfast depot on the 20th, scanned into Dublin depot on Thursday 22nd. Have to wait another week for delivery. Absolute crap service on par with Fastway.

That's crap, the only real advantage for me (since I live very close to a post office) of ParcelMotel over AddressPal is that they are usually a little faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

seem amazon prime day last week caused massive issues with delivery services all over Ireland and UK

I wouldn't bother using parcel motel as im still waiting over 2 weeks for my contents of the empty box. Customer services is atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I wouldn't bother using parcel motel as im still waiting over 2 weeks for my contents of the empty box. Customer services is atrocious.

Yes I'm done with PM! I'll try an post's offering soon

Lost my parcel as well, apparently they searched the warehouse for it and couldn't find it!! The amount of lost parcels in their Belfast depot is as dodgy as anything

This company is an absolute joke.

The item was stolen as the empty box was all that was in the locker.
    I am now being offered 100 euros compensation only.

Never again will I give this scum company my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I've had some check ins missing photos but nothing stolen. I was told some check in stations cameras are out of service
    It could actually be a good thing as check in photo might have showed it was tampered with before the check in, then they would refuse any compensation. But of course they shouldn't accept an empty box...Did you buy it from a reputable place? Could seller have sent you an empty box?
    You can purchase extra insurance for expensive items, 3.50 for 500euro per item for 2 weeks. I always do it if item is more than 200.

I wouldn't accept that, there should be an enquiry in the depot it's been lost in. Its that attitude by Parcel Motel and UPS I find the most frustrating they really don't care and it's as close as you can be to being robbed

spix wrote: »
    I've had some check ins missing photos but nothing stolen. I was told some check in stations cameras are out of service
    It could actually be a good thing as check in photo might have showed it was tampered with before the check in, then they would refuse any compensation. But of course they shouldn't accept an empty box...Did you buy it from a reputable place? Could seller have sent you an empty box?
    You can purchase extra insurance for expensive items, 3.50 for 500euro per item for 2 weeks. I always do it if item is more than 200.

The photograph that is normally taken shown on the parcel motel account did not exist, just a graphic of a box in its place.
    It was from a reputable seller from amazon.
    The seller sent me a picture of the box with the item in it before it was sent but when it was in the parcel motel locker the box was empty and had a cut on the side where item had been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

The photograph that is normally taken shown on the parcel motel account did not exist, just a graphic of a box in its place.
    It was from a reputable seller from amazon.
    The seller sent me a picture of the box with the item in it before it was sent but when it was in the parcel motel locker the box was empty and had a cut on the side where item had been removed.

The graphic of the box showed up on mine as well which had no photo but nothing stolen. Seller taking photo of item in the box beforehand is a bit strange but if you're sure they're reputable maybe its just something they do. You should contact the original courier and ask for a scan weight of the parcel before it reached parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Andzmoore

Just arrived at parcel motel dundalk and the screen is out of operation, is there anyway I can get my parcel at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

I need to get a few small items (<5gbp) from amazon which doesn't ship to ROI. Not worth spending 3.95 on each item. Is there any option to aggregate multiple shipments from Amazon to parcel motel UK and pay one delivery fee?

If not, any other service which does this? Anpost ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its a bit annoying, but they are getting paid per parcel.

Advertisement