Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

feargale wrote: »
    Time for a question:

What is a bulbul?

Tis a bird!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

looksee wrote: »
    I have come across that word bulbul recently, but I can't recall what it means. It may surface after a while...

Dammit, my brain was going 'chaffinch' (in the sense of generic bird) and I was ignoring it - but turns out I should have listened - I was reading a book about India recently and that was where I saw the reference - it is in fact a bird.

So its a bit suspect, but I am going to claim it. :D
    IrishZeus wrote: »
    Tis a bird!

It is indeed a songbird. looksee has it.

Maybe Zeus should give us the answer re JR and ask another, assuming the answer is not Ewing :)

Ah apologies both, I missed looksee’s post!

Maybe Zeus should give us the answer re JR and ask another, assuming the answer is not Ewing :)

That would be a better answer :D

Jeanette Rankin was elected in Montana, in 1916. There have been 393 women since!

An easy one this time (maybe) - the Latin word catulus refers to which animal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ok, who's been listening to the news...

What was the UK Fisheries minister doing when she should have been reading the final deal between the EU and UK on Christmas eve?

That would be a better answer :D

Jeanette Rankin was elected in Montana, in 1916. There have been 393 women since!

An easy one this time (maybe) - the Latin word catulus refers to which animal?

Kitten?

Kitten?

Hook. Line. Sinker.

No :)

Ok, who's been listening to the news...

What was the UK Fisheries minister doing when she should have been reading the final deal between the EU and UK on Christmas eve?

Fishing? 👀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hook. Line. Sinker.

No :)

Catfish? :pac:

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Catfish? :pac:

‘Fraid not

Fishing? ��

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The fisheries minister was attending a nativity or something like that? Saw the headline last week

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Otter?

Keane has it! In the middle of a pandemic and with a Brexit conclusion hovering, the Fisheries minister was organising a parish nativity.

Your question keane!

Keane has it! In the middle of a pandemic and with a Brexit conclusion hovering, the Fisheries minister was organising a parish nativity.

Your question keane!

Well done to Keane. I was just going to post that she was trying to get through a heaped plate of mackerel, now that they have so much of it and nowhere to go with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Surely that's a red herring!

Surely that's a red herring!

That's enough of your ould cod.

OK here's one. Bitcoin is in the media a lot lately. Can anyone tell me what the name is for the fractions of bitcoins they use? i.e. if this question was about pounds the answer would be pence - what the 'pence' equivalent for bitcoin?

Otter?

No.

Hint: You were closer with kitten.

• Advertisement

Bitchange?

Squirrel?

Bitchange?

Squirrel?

Nope

IttyBittycoin? If it isn't, it should be!

Sorry, no!

keane2097 wrote: »
    OK here's one. Bitcoin is in the media a lot lately. Can anyone tell me what the name is for the fractions of bitcoins they use? i.e. if this question was about pounds the answer would be pence - what the 'pence' equivalent for bitcoin?

Clue: named after the semi-mythical inventor of bitcoin

Bitbloke?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

keane2097 wrote: »
    Clue: named after the semi-mythical inventor of bitcoin
    Satori (SP?)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Satori (SP?)

I'll let you have this I think - it's actually Satoshi but you have the right idea! Satori fittingly is a zen buddhism term for a flash of understanding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

How many links in a chain?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Oh heavens, I will do a wild guess. A chain is a reasonably long stretch, at a guess maybe 20 yards, so if links were say 6 to a foot you would have 360. That doesn't sound like a random enough number, but I will throw it in!

Edit - dammit, so near and yet so far! That genuinely was a guess :D (its not the 360 that is near, there are not really any clues in my answer)

Advertisement