Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

IrishZeus wrote: »

South African? I know they have a few reasonably well known cyclists but being honest, every one I can name is white, so this is a guess at best.

No. You seem to have missed this:

quote="feargale;115663465"] You should bear in mind that cycling is not that popular in Anglophone/Commonwealth countries.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

New Home wrote: »
    Pins and needles?

Correct, you’re up NH!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tomorrow. I need a very early night, I slept three and a half hours last night.

Tomorrow. I need a very early night, I slept three and a half hours last night.

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day.

- Macbeth.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When am I starting my diet? :D

• Advertisement

Bonus question: does my bum look big in this?

Ok, folks. Time to end your hibernation:

Outstanding:

1. In 2015 Daniel Teklahaimanot became the first black African to wear the King of the Mountains (i.e. polka dot) jersey in the Tour de France. What is his nationality?

Clue: Cycling is this country's national sport, a legacy of the colonial ruling power.

2. If and when Charles succeeds QEII he will be the first twice-married monarch of England/Great Britain since who?

Clue: After KH8, before QE2. This fellow's second marriage caused quite a commotion.

Sorry Feargale - my question: what was Diane Lane's debut film? And for a clue, which is also a second, more difficult question: what piece of Vivaldi's featured as the main theme for its soundtrack?

The other question still outstanding is, who's the only artist to have ever been awarded a star in each category in the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Sorry Feargale - my question: what was Diane Lane's debut film? And for a clue, which is also a second, more difficult question: what piece of Vivaldi's featured as the main theme for its soundtrack?

I haven't a bull's. You seem to have stumped all of us. If you give some more generous clues I will do likewise with mine.

The other question still outstanding is, who's the only artist to have ever been awarded a star in each category in the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Just to try to keep the place breathing I'll guess John Lennon.

Not a clue on the first one.

Gene Autry for the second?

• Advertisement

Sorry, no, not Lennon. YES! Gene Autry!

As for the film, Lawrence Olivier was also in it.

Just a random one to keep us going - what is paresthesia better known as?

Having amnesia about a weekend spent in Paris????? Or a feeling of being anesthetised after such a weekend?

Outstanding:

1. In 2015 Daniel Teklahaimanot became the first black African to wear the King of the Mountains (i.e. polka dot) jersey in the Tour de France. What is his nationality?

Clue: Cycling is this country's national sport, a legacy of the colonial ruling power.

Second clue: looksee was on the right track speculating over the surname, but not Ethiopia.

2. If and when Charles succeeds QEII he will be the first twice-married monarch of England/Great Britain since who?

Clue: After KH8, before QE2. This fellow's second marriage caused quite a commotion.

Second clue: A Stuart.

feargale wrote: »
    Having amnesia about a weekend spent in Paris????? Or a feeling of being anesthetised after such a weekend?

Already answered this one. It’s pins and needles!

feargale wrote: »
    Second clue: looksee was on the right track speculating over the surname, but not Ethiopia.

King Stuart? :D

Sorry, no, not Lennon. YES! Gene Autry!

As for the film, Lawrence Olivier was also in it.

I owe one. Where would you find a glabella?

In a body?

In a body?

Would you care to narrow it down a little NH? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It somehow sounds a bit head-ish, throat maybe?

Is it the corner of the eye, near the nose?

• Advertisement

King Stuart? :D

No, not Stuart Hogg.:confused: Try again.

Is it the corner of the eye, near the nose?

I’ll give you this. It’s the space between your eyes!

Not quite what I was thinking, so. The bit I was thinking about is called caruncle, I now find.

Anyway, what's a nictitating membrane?

I think I know that one! Is it the bit of membrane that goes over a cat's eye independently of the eyelid? It moves to and fro - side to side.

Yes, it's the third, inner eyelid, partial in some animals, full in others (e.g. birds).

Yay! Question coming up...

What is a chlorophytum more commonly known as? (this is a free gift for New Home :D)

Third clue: The colonial power was Italy.

Third clue: The Irish gave him a nasty nickname.

looksee wrote: »
    What is a chlorophytum more commonly known as? (this is a free gift for New Home :D)

Animal, vegetable or mineral? I'd say vegetable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd tell ya cos I know, but I already owe ye a question, #sorryboutdat. I'll just say 2 words, starting with S & P

edit:
    Here you go, along the same theme, whats is a Tradescantia sometimes known as?

Advertisement