Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

New Home wrote: »
    No.

I'll bet you they did.

Radio?

Edit, I know, a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

But, technically, that means he was also married twice. :pac:

Yes, but not the last twice-married. There was one later.
    Right, I owe two, I think.

1. Who's the only person to have been awarded stars in all five categories on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (film, television, music, radio, and live performance)?

Elvis Presley?.
    2. What have all British tanks been equipped with since 1945?

A taepot and other tea-making facilities, including milk and sugar presumably.

Lol, I just checked it up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

looksee wrote: »
    I'll bet you they did.

Radio?

Edit, I know, a toilet.
    feargale wrote: »
    Elvis Presley?
    2. What have all British tanks been equipped with since 1945?

A taepot and other tea-making facilities, including milk and sugar presumably.

1. No.

2. YES!!

Wouldn't you think they could take a flask, like anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But the tea strainer wouldn't fit, looksee, come on.

Better whiskey! In the Middle Ages most soldiers went into battle fighting drunk.

I have a nice sports question but I don't think that subject suits New Home or looksee and we seem to be deserted by some others. Therefore:

The piece of flesh that grows on a turkey's head is called a .........?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Better whiskey! In the Middle Ages most soldiers went into battle fighting drunk.

I have a nice sports question but I don't think that subject suits New Home or looksee and we seem to be deserted by some others. Therefore:

Wattle!!

Sure, ask the sport question, looksee and myself might be out but it might attract other punters, you never know. :)

*Sepulchral voice*
    There are no other punters. We are alone. There is no hope.

• Advertisement

Oh well, their loss.

Sure, ask the sport question, looksee and myself might be out but it might attract other punters, you never know. :)

Ok, here goes, but I did warn you, it's a difficult one, even for sports aficionados.

In 2015 Daniel Teklahaimanot became the first black African to wear the King of the Mountains (i.e. polka dot) jersey in the Tour de France. What is his nationality?

Now I have three questions going. Am I a hog? (Oops! That's a fourth question.)

Bissau Guinean?

Bissau Guinean?

No.

P.S. Are any of you being pestered on this thread now by advertisements about gambling etc?

No, I've ad block. :D

I’ve never gambled before but after reading this thread, I now gamble responsibly.

Ok, here goes, but I did warn you, it's a difficult one, even for sports aficionados.

In 2015 Daniel Teklahaimanot became the first black African to wear the King of the Mountains (i.e. polka dot) jersey in the Tour de France. What is his nationality?

Now I have three questions going. Am I a hog? (Oops! That's a fourth question.)

I’ve got €5 at 5:1 odds on Kenya.

Egypt?

Could be Tanzanian

*Occurs to me to look at the name.* No, I don't think thats a Tanzanian name. Ethiopian?

• Advertisement

No its not that either, checked it up, no chance I would have known the answer. :(

*Occurs to me to look at the name.* No, I don't think thats a Tanzanian name. Ethiopian?

Good thinking, but not quite.

IrishZeus wrote: »
    I’ve got €5 at 5:1 odds on Kenya.

You lose. A mule and his funny are easily parted. :pac:

Democratic Republic of the Congo?

Democratic Republic of the Congo?

Nope. Not Dr. Congo. You should bear in mind that cycling is not that popular in Anglophone/Commonwealth countries.

i now have 2 quesrions outstanding:

1. In 2015 Daniel Teklahaimanot became the first black African to wear the King of the Mountains (i.e. polka dot) jersey in the Tour de France. What is his nationality?

2. If and when Charles succeeds QEII he will be the first twice-married monarch of England/Great Britain since who?

I suggest you make a serious attempt on them before the Christmas brandy and whiskey pickes the brain, or worse still, before the festive excess results in rigor mortis.

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Wattle!!

Sorry Zeus. I missed this answer of yours. The word I had was snood, but on checking it seems a snood is specific to turkeys and is one of many wattles pertaining to a number of birds.

Your question please?

i now have 2 quesrions outstanding:

1. In 2015 Daniel Teklahaimanot became the first black African to wear the King of the Mountains (i.e. polka dot) jersey in the Tour de France. What is his nationality?

2. If and when Charles succeeds QEII he will be the first twice-married monarch of England/Great Britain since who?

I suggest you make a serious attempt on them before the Christmas brandy and whiskey pickes the brain, or worse still, before the festive excess results in rigor mortis.

South African? I know they have a few reasonably well known cyclists but being honest, every one I can name is white, so this is a guess at best.

Sorry Zeus. I missed this answer of yours. The word I had was snood, but on checking it seems a snood is specific to turkeys and is one of many wattles pertaining to a number of birds.

Your question please?

Just a random one to keep us going - what is paresthesia better known as?

• Advertisement

Pins and needles?

Advertisement