Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Changes before throw in for Tipp

Kendrick for Comerford.
    Leahy for O'Callaghan
    O'Donovan for O'Halloran

Half Time .........Tipp........1.04................Clare...............0.04.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Final Score. Tipp..........2.07 Clare.............1.07

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Who got the goals?

Who got the goals?

Tipperary ensured a clean sweep of home wins in the division with a 2-07 to 1-07 win over Clare at Sean Treacy Park.

Tipperary led by 1-04 to 0-04 at half-time after Conor Sweeney netted a first minute goal.

Clare levelled the tie at 1-07 apiece with nine minutes remaining, thanks to a Jamie Malone goal, but Brian Fox raised a green flag with eight minutes remaining to ensure a home victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Who got the goals?

think this years league is slightly weaker then last year , ye still have a very strong panel without the clonmel players , plus i think any team in this division would be reeling with the loss of stephan o'brien and conor o riordan i still have ye down as favorites for promotion

corect me if i am wrong but i think this is right , tipp scorers as follows

philip austin 0-5
    brian fox 1-1
    conor sweeney 1-0
    josh keane 0-1

• Advertisement

Only time will tell - but, the limerick game was a bad start - it'll be exciting to see tipp when the Clonmel players get back. But, yes, those two players are a huge loss...

Would you start O’Halloran?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Noelie is looking forward to getting back into:

Hopefully big year from noel.was having a great league before he left that time.looked so hungry and made for battle.remeber the cork game in pairc ui rinn in particular taking the game by the scruff of the neck and driving us home.

• Advertisement

True that, but it was only the league. But, hopefully, we get the best of noelie now and he can avoid injury. He has all the qualities to be teh best hurler in the land for a few years (Seamie might say something about that!). And, stay away from club football for a bit - I see Henry Shefflin played his first game of football in over a decade there awhile ago - more of the same from Noelie please!!!!

No offence to Loughmore football supporters!

Peter Acheson has been confirmed as Tipperary’s senior football captain for the 2016

Niall O’Meara and Sean Curran are carrying hamstring injuries.

Callanan is nursing a finger fracture and could be out of the Dublin and Kilkenny games.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

True that, but it was only the league. But, hopefully, we get the best of noelie now and he can avoid injury. He has all the qualities to be teh best hurler in the land for a few years (Seamie might say something about that!). And, stay away from club football for a bit - I see Henry Shefflin played his first game of football in over a decade there awhile ago - more of the same from Noelie please!!!!

Oh i know that et.i remember at the time thinking i wonder will he bring this form and workrate into the championship but unfortunately we never found out.

Ya spotted that.fairly strange looking at him kicking a ball didnt even know they sold them in kk.probably thought it was a swollen sliothar:)

TippSHvDub– Gleeson; Barrett,Hamill,Cahill; BrMaher,Barry,PadMaher; Breen,DQuinn; DMcCormack,PatMaher,Forde; NMcGrath,Kenny,JMcGrath

Interesting midfield pairing? Hopefully one of these guys will deliver over the course of the league - I've a feeling we'll see many different combinations before the league is out... - I think midfield might suit Bonnar more - he'd certainly be fit and tough enough to give Fennelly a hard time there and get up and down the pitch...
    Dan McC gets a chance - I'll be surprised if he makes the championship team but he could be a very good squad player as he covers a lot of positions but he if he can be a primary ball winner and awkward customer he'll be an asset.

Plenty of speed in the corners to protect Hamill - up to Tossy now to make the leap up and deliver...

Happy to be see Paudie at wing and BARRY at center - very intelligent and astute customer is Barry

- big chance for Kenny over the next two games - once Seamus is back he is out of FF but it is an opportunity for him to show some form and develop further as a serious option

Seamus Callanan will be out for a couple of weeks, Conor O’Brien out for 3 weeks, Kieran Bergin out for 2 weeks, Sean Curran has suffered a medial ligament injury which will result in missing the entire League - See more at: http://www.nenaghguardian.ie/sport/gaa/articles/2016/02/10/4114040-tipperary-senior-hurling-team-update-ahead-of-national-league-opener-v-dublin/#sthash.xhEyR1VV.dpuf

The Current League panel:

Brendan Maher

Padraic Maher

Cathal Barrett

James Barry

Kieran Bergin

Michael Breen

Michael Cahill

Seamus Callanan

Jason Forde

Joe Gallagher

Darren Gleeson

Tomas Hamill

Barry Heffernan

Seamus Kennedy

Conor Kenny

Bill Maher

Patrick Maher

Ronan Maher

Dan McCormack

John McGrath

Liam McGrath

Noel McGrath

John Meagher

Conor O’Brien

Steven O’Brien

John O’Dwyer

Niall O’Meara

Gearoid Ryan

Paddy Stapleton

The Current League panel:

Brendan Maher.............Sat

Padraic Maher................Sat

Cathal Barrett..........Sat

James Barry...............Sat

Kieran Bergin

Michael Breen................Sat

Michael Cahill..............Sat

Seamus Callanan

Jason Forde.............Sat

Joe Gallagher

Darren Gleeson..............Sat

Tomas Hamill............Sat

Barry Heffernan

Seamus Kennedy

Conor Kenny..............Sat

Bill Maher

Patrick Maher............Sat

Ronan Maher

Dan McCormack...........Sat

John McGrath............Sat

Liam McGrath

Noel McGrath..................Sat

John Meagher

Conor O’Brien

Steven O’Brien

John O’Dwyer

Niall O’Meara

Gearoid Ryan.

Paddy Stapleton

D. Quinn not listed above even though he is named to play on Saturday

Team for Saturday !

GerB40 wrote: »
    TippSHvDub– Gleeson; Barrett,Hamill,Cahill; BrMaher,Barry,PadMaher; Breen,DQuinn; DMcCormack,PatMaher,Forde; NMcGrath,Kenny,JMcGrath.

Not a bad looking panel

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dublin are usually flying this time of the season but that's a strong team from tipp, should be a good game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How about a word of encouragement and support for a football team.

The Clonmel Commercials game this Saturday is of far greater significance !

Paudie O'Neill last year's Senior Hurling mentor, along with his two brothers who are now members of Ballyboden/St.Endas will be travelling to Portlaoise as neutrals as they all played with Commercials when they lived in Clonmel.

• Advertisement

That's true - got the panel off the Tipp website - so, maybe, it's wrong - or simply open-ended. We'll see as the team and subs change over the weeks.

Yeah, it's a decent team - a few new faces. It'll be interesting to see who steps up... - I'm looking forward to this game!

That's very interesting! I wish Clonmel the best! They're up against it - really are. I just hope they win. How do you tink it will go?

That's very interesting! I wish Clonmel the best! They're up against it - really are. I just hope they win. How do you tink it will go?

Clonmel Commercials have a great manager in Charlie McGeever and they have been training hard, they will play out of their skins for him.

Unfortunately with the O'Neill connection with Ballyboden , Commercials will not have the element of surprise which they had with the Cork champs Nemo Rangers.

It's a 50/50 game if Commercials are within touching distance with ten minutes to go they will pull if off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

What is feeling in Tipp about Commercials?

They were haunted to beat Nemo with that late goal but Ballyboden only beat Portlaoise through courtesy of one of the worst free misses I have ever seen in my life!

Will be a low scoring affair I think as neither have really stand out forwards although Alan Kerin has scored a goal every game for last 4/5 for 'boden I think.

Boden by a point or two maybe.

Subs for Sunday against Dublin (nice to see these names) (That panel I posted is wrong - got it from the tipp website)

Substitutes: Darragh Mooney, Ronan Maher, Willie Ryan, Liam Ryan, John Meagher, Joe Gallagher, Adrian Ryan, Dylan Fitzelle, Sean Ryan, Andrew Coffey, John O’Dwyer.

Considering Ballyboden are Dublin and Leinster Champions - they'd have to be favourites.

And are, paddy power have the odds at:

Bally win 8/15
    Draw 15/2
    Commericals win 21/10

Hopefully, Quinlivan can poach a few goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not seen Dublin hurlers named yet. Dotsy is on the Ballyboden football panel and came on as a sub in county final but interview earlier in week sounded like he would be available tomorrow in Thurles. I suppose he could make both really, and play hurling later if he is not used in the football.

Newer players did well in Walsh Cup and I wouldn't imagine there will be too many changes for tomorrow. Good record against Tipp in Parnell and Croke Park over past 7/8 years but not won in Thurles since God was a boy!

(PS. It's Andrew, not Alan, Kerin.)

• Advertisement

It's probably time that Dublin unearthed the type of talent that would mean Dotsy shoving on - he's not getting any younger or faster.... - Sutcliffe moving on does not help...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement