Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

That was in tramore!!! If it's where I think it was then I'm literally going to ****ing crack. :eek:

I might have something to cure what ails ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

beejee wrote: »
    I might have something to cure what ails ye :p

:O

Just text my friend who's working on a building renovation in tramore at the moment. Asked him if he seen a pin..... the ****er wound me up saying he saw it and it went to the dump :D no idea where it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Those boxes look class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

beejee wrote: »
    Yeah happy with it. Look decent but not much effort. Have a lot of those boxes already, 2 quid a pop.

Got artwork off Internet, printed them in the library on the way home, got some laminate stuff in Mr price, all done.

Works out about 2.70 per finished box which isn't the end of the world, and I'll do them in batches so I don't feel stupid forking out for a load at once!

Nice one on the bubble bobble. Been meaning to get those lost cave/redux roms for the boot I have. Picked up two tetris games and two golf games the other day, corroded leg on one eprom snapped off, another is missing an eprom, one is plain dead.

I need roms, is what I'm saying :p

Where'd you get the boxes? about time I replaced the pieces of crap I have mine in!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Where'd you get the boxes? about time I replaced the pieces of crap I have mine in!

Some local stationary shop, "missive by bankers box", and the product number/code on the box is 72721.

I was really after some black boxes but there's only so much effort I was willing to put into cardboard :p

Fed ex boxes are supposed to be good too but no idea where to get them I'm afraid.

It does look a helluva lot better than bubble wrap when it's all done though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I got myself a My Arcade Dig Dug Micro Player the other week.

Turns out you can change the jumper connections inside it to play its versions of Galaga and Mappy as well. It can also play Rolling Thunder but that requires two buttons instead of the one the Dig Dug unit had.
    483125.png

I somehow killed the audio of mine during the process :) woops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Holy sh1te that's a big hand !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Make it Galaga permanently, do the "pew pew" noises yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Make it Galaga permanently, do the "pew pew" noises yourself!

Doesn't everyone make the 'pew pew' noises anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oooh nice. I'll need one of those alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Got a Gamecube while at retro revival in the UK last weekend. I also bought a memory card for it, an RGB scart and Super Mario Sunshine.
    I've also ordered an Xeno GC with a Swiss boot disc and and an SD card adapter for the memory slot.
    Final get this week is an OSSC which arrived in the post this morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Borderline retro I guess but got a ps3 slim yesterday and a couple of controllers for 40 spots. Turned out to be a model that could be modded for custom firmware. Looking forward to checking out Journey, The last of us and maybe the HD remake of Shadow of the colossus and googling tonnes of best games lists :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Borderline retro I guess but got a ps3 slim yesterday and a couple of controllers for 40 spots. Turned out to be a model that could be modded for custom firmware. Looking forward to checking out Journey, The last of us and maybe the HD remake of Shadow of the colossus and googling tonnes of best games lists :D

Nice work, great games, I'm trying to find some replacement PS3 controllers, be easier buying a console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Giving my Megadrive some TLC with some stuff I got this week. A Mega Everdrive and the rather excellent 8bitdo M30 wireless megadrive controller.

They really need to do a Saturn Version of the controller, it's fantastic!

65moo9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

The M30s are great alright. Use two of them with a Mega SG and find it a wonderful successor to the original pad.
    The Retrobit wired Saturn pads aren't bad......had a problem with one of the two I got, but got it refunded. Cheap enough I suppose, but it's certainly a step down in quality from 8bitdo.
    Seem to recall them showing off STN30 Bluetooth things before, but nothing seems to have come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you need to run the firmware update on your two?

I had issues with my one but after updating the firmware the connectivity is ridiculously good now. Connects the moment the Megadrive boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Didn't bother with it O1s1n, as I'd heard it was more of an issue when the controller was being used with original systems and apart from a few mins, I've mostly had them hooked up the SG. Don't have a problem with opening up the receiver etc, but can't say I've noticed an issue TBH. Might read up on it again.

Certainly had to update their SN30s in the past which loved to lose connection.

"new create city"

Got another few of these boxes done up this evening. Some of the artwork created for arcade games is amazingly good, its a bit of fun going through the best flyers and whether the euro/US/jap versions are better.

Wont post any more as im sure people get the drift, but it encourages you away from the aul bubble wrap :P

arcadeboxes2.jpg

arcadeboxes3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They are great, where did you say you got the boxes again?

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    They are great, where did you say you got the boxes again?

"missive by bankers box" local place sells them. I'm sure you can get them online too.

Good and solid, a compromise between cost and functionality. I mean you could get those pcb boxes with anti static foam for like 20 quid each, or do a diy for less than 3 quid! Plus you wouldn't have the artwork for the 20 either

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just placed my order for the my first new Vectrex game ever!
    Wireout, the Veccy demake of Wipeout, is finally out and it looks amazing.
    At €49.99 it isn't cheap and there will probably be a download of the bin freely available soon, but the cart is pretty cool and there's a custom overlay too.
    I'll report back when it's here with pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

New games for old systems is something I'd love to take off properly. How many new Megadrive cart slots are there now with the Mega SG for example? We have the Analog Snes and Nes also.

eLpvvZi.jpg

New arrivals. Got nice deals on all of these...

Fatal Fury, the first game in the series. It has dated severely compared to its arcade rival Street Fighter 2 but it is a still classic.
    Metal Slug, first game in the series and one of my favorites.
    Samuari Shodown IV, I have never played this one, apparently its is pretty bad. We shall see.
    League Bowling, this is one that my local arcade had. I played this to death when I was a young lad.
    Samuari Shodown II, easily one of the best 2d fighters ever made. Have never played this one except on an emulator. Fun times ahead.

Some Nice titles there! Sam sho II is perfection and by far best of the series, original ms is great too (x is still my personal favorite though) also have fond memories of league bowling that game seemed to be everywhere.. not played too much of fatal fury series except Garou on the Dreamcast which I’d love to pick up a cart of if the price wasn’t so crazy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Samurai Shodown IV is highly regarded actually. III was a bit of a disaster as the series transitioned from the fighting style of 2 to 4.

I'm not a fan of 4 though. The series went more combo heavy and lost its identity to become more like other popular fighters. Still think 2 is the best in the series as it relies on finding an opening and getting in big hits. Last blade kind of took over where Sam sho 2 left off.

Apparently the latest Samurai Shodown is incredible and a return to the style of 2.

Yeah Garou is one of my most wanted gets but the price is insane. It is such a well put together fighter, really is the Neo's answer to Street Fighter 3. Gorgeous graphics and animation and pushed the Neo to its very limits.

@Retr0gamer: yeah I'm on the lookout for Lastblade 1 & 2 actually. I just missed out on a cheap cart of 1 recently. 1 is pretty affordable but 2 is pricey enough and not for sale often. Two great games for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

nice gets although slow by todays std ,i still really like fatal fury , I've never bothered picking sam sho 2 up on cart :eek: ...but do have it on aes at least !
    whats last blade 1 sell for these days ? last blade 2 has been expensive for quite a long while now best fire stage in any fighting game though :cool:

are you mixing up sam sho v ,v special retro ? i've always liked 4 anyway but do agree 3 is the most average of any of them

gmotw is ace though such a great game

nope edit the above just looked at the price of lb2 and its cheaper now than it was a few years ago.

Well I have seen Last Blade 1 for 70 Euro recently. I have not seen Last Blade 2 for sale in a long time, if you got it for 100 you would be lucky I'd image. I'd expect to pay maybe 120 for it on average.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

geotrig wrote: »
    are you mixing up sam sho v ,v special retro ? i've always liked 4 anyway but do agree 3 is the most average of any of them.

No not getting them mixed up. However Sam Sho 3-4 and V - V special and very similar. 4 is like an update of 3 where they fixes all that was wrong with 3. Similarly V Special fixed the mess that was V. 4 had quite an active tournament scene even if the balance was way off.

Love Fatal Fury as well. I don't think FF is dated compared to SF2, it's more a continuation of the first street fighter but just made more modern and actually playable, it shares the same director as SF1.

And even though it's a dirty rotten blatant rip off of SF2, I'm awful fond of Fatal Fury 2 and the series only got better with subsequent releases and iterations with the Real Bout special games being amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement