Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

3 new gets...

2nMwDgz.jpg

I have played Karnov's Revenge extensively on emulators, not the greatest fighter but pretty enjoyable. Never played Breakers, I hear it is very very good though. The Jap cart in the middle is Spinmaster, another I have not yet played but have heard good things about. Will be an enjoyable weekend trying these out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

so I arrived on holidays in France yesterday and got a msg on facebook from an old surfer friend of mine saying his boss was throwing this guy in the skip in the next few days.
    Looks a bit rough but he says display works and speakers make some sound.
    Only got these two pics, nothing of the inside but I'm not one to say no to a free pin, let alone let it go in the skip. From the photos it's all there, including manual(s).
    Sorted a transport in a hurry but all going well i should have this waiting for me at home when I come back :)

64319737_2346862062221200_1501607969266073600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dac27ae7ccf4d3b52c01c901a84e8950&oe=5D7EA977

62424714_691103468009086_3492218834427838464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7579749b255676297e36284c9299c607&oe=5D829537

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

BGOllie wrote: »
    so I arrived on holidays in France yesterday and got a msg on facebook from an old surfer friend of mine saying his boss was throwing this guy in the skip in the next few days.
    Looks a bit rough but he says display works and speakers make some sound.
    Only got these two pics, nothing of the inside but I'm not one to say no to a free pin, let alone let it go in the skip. From the photos it's all there, including manual(s).
    Sorted a transport in a hurry but all going well i should have this waiting for me at home when

That’s some Freebie !!!

Wow!
    fantastic score.
    Looks to be mostly complete.
    Shame the topper is ripped,they are impossible to get.have seen them go for 600e !!
    Its the most expensive game to restore but considering the sale price you could put 2 grand into it and still come out on top.
    Its also one of the best pins ever:D

This guy looks like hes getting close to getting a repo made

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ideas-for-white-water-topper/page/8#post-5021648

the crazy part is that this was going into a skip.

• Advertisement

the crazy part is that this was going into a skip.

Yea thats awful,
    Hopefully the playfield is good and the boardset is complete.
    Although you can replace the boardset.
    I know you didnt get the pinball bug with Gladiators but a williams game is in a different league !you'll be hooked.
    Have you made plans to get it home?

Oh I loved gladiators, it's a good game but I just couldn't justify the price of getting a second one, and i'm more an arcade guy than pinball guy really ... now if it's free that's a different thing :D It's definitely not a project I'd shy away from. The playfield is the big unknown for sure

yeah got transland to pick it up and they'll leave it in my yard, asked a friend and neighbor to move it in the shed while I'm away .

the real question is where am I going to put it... i've simply no space left in the game room :)

the real question is where am I going to put it... i've simply no space left in the game room :)

I'll mind gladiators for ya :P
    Actually I cant.......the never ending saga of moving house continues.
    My games have been packed up since January :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

If you need room Ollie I'll gladly help out and take whitewater off your hands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Wow nice freebie, you should swap that for my Lethal Weapon 3 though;)

• Advertisement

yer a bunch of vultures :D:D

yer a bunch of vultures :D:D

When you get going you do a restro thread.
    Would be a crime not to redo the cabinet artwork.

When you get going you do a restro thread.
    Would be a crime not to redo the cabinet artwork.

was thinking the artwork would prob need a touch up too. what sort of paint is used for these ?

was thinking the artwork would prob need a touch up too. what sort of paint is used for these ?

They are screen painted.
    You get get big decal sets though.
    There is licened artwork and unlicensed artwork available.

Yeah the arkwork definitely stripped and a new set applied, really is the best way to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks amazing and it was going to the skip, phew, if only they knew how much its worth.

I’ve touched up the artwork pretty successfully with acrylics, you can get nice Perspex leg cabinet protectors to cover any damage in that area

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In RAGE yesterday, picked up just two small things, Starmaster for the 2600 and Wildtrax for the SNES.
    Starmaster is a lot like Star Raiders, also for the 2600

And Wild Trax is the Japanese version of Stunt Race FX,
    Nothing too different about it, aside from the improved frame rate over the standard, local PAL version.
    Now, I know "improved frame rate" in this game is still in single figures, but at least it's a higher single figure than before!

I’ve touched up the artwork pretty successfully with acrylics, you can get nice Perspex leg cabinet protectors to cover any damage in that area

I got them for my pins. They are actually one of the best things you can put on a pin. My Star Trek is pretty good apart from wear just there. Those protectors covered up the damage nicely :D

I got them for my pins. They are actually one of the best things you can put on a pin. My Star Trek is pretty good apart from wear just there. Those protectors covered up the damage nicely :D
    I've been meaning to pickup a set for the whirlwind, they're on the list, can't remember where I saw them, maybe Keiths or Token

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I was at revival in the UK over the weekend and picked up a boxed GameCube, and separately I bought an rgb scart cable for it, a memory card and super mario sunshine.

I was well impressed with the vectrex too. Had never seen one in the wild before, and it was lovely to play. Felt like an arcade machine as opposed to a console. Would love to get one

just heard the pin made it in one piece to my house thanks to Transland. was 55 from tramore to Galway. not bad.
    Won't get a chance to check it out till I'm back at the end of the month though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Not exactly a "new get" (kinda new, maybe :P), but finally got around to doing up some boxes for the pcbs, first batch finished! Just got sick of looking at them scattered all over the place.

Not perfect by any means, and I abandoned the idea of giant megadrive boxes (too much effort) but im pretty pleased with the result overall.

I was going to go with A3 size artwork, but it actually didn't look quite right. High resolution flyers laminated and then the arcade marquee used on the spines :)

arcade-boxes-2.jpg

arcade-boxes.jpg

Fancy! They look great. I just wrap mine in AntiStatic bubble wrap haha.

I fixed one of my Bubble Bobble boots today, no audio, used the logic probe and found a bad TL chip, piggy backed a good one on top and it worked. So socketed that and working board. Was delighted with myself haha I know its a small fix compared to some on here but it was a win for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice work, Piggy backing, an Ollie classic move

haha yeh ive been watching all his vids

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just notified that Toejam and Earl is on the way for the Switch from Limited Run.
    Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Fancy! They look great. I just wrap mine in AntiStatic bubble wrap haha.

I fixed one of my Bubble Bobble boots today, no audio, used the logic probe and found a bad TL chip, piggy backed a good one on top and it worked. So socketed that and working board. Was delighted with myself haha I know its a small fix compared to some on here but it was a win for me!

Yeah happy with it. Look decent but not much effort. Have a lot of those boxes already, 2 quid a pop.

Got artwork off Internet, printed them in the library on the way home, got some laminate stuff in Mr price, all done.

Works out about 2.70 per finished box which isn't the end of the world, and I'll do them in batches so I don't feel stupid forking out for a load at once!

Nice one on the bubble bobble. Been meaning to get those lost cave/redux roms for the boot I have. Picked up two tetris games and two golf games the other day, corroded leg on one eprom snapped off, another is missing an eprom, one is plain dead.

I need roms, is what I'm saying :p

That’s very reasonable to be honest. 2.70 a box is nothing really.

Yeh I have the redux Roms on the two I have now. I’ve been buying Roms etc off the internet as I need them. I generally buy a few if I need 1 so I can build them up but some of them are crazy prices and I’m still not sure yet how to read/write some of them(or which ones you can read/write in seen cases) . It’s a learning curve I guess !

• Advertisement

just heard the pin made it in one piece to my house thanks to Transland. was 55 from tramore to Galway. not bad.
    Won't get a chance to check it out till I'm back at the end of the month though

That was in tramore!!! If it's where I think it was then I'm literally going to ****ing crack. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement