Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Does anyone know what folder delete recordings go too? I've deleted a bunch of recordings through the DVR interface and I'd like to FTP in and permanently delete them, but I can't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I use openvix and its the first folder usually the trash folder that contains all my deleted recordings from the main list.I go in there and select a program and confirm and it removes it.

Some recording setups have folders or directory with all named programs say like ncis listed all underneath each other,some have them listed in 1 directory which you might have to enter to delete each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does anyone know what folder delete recordings go too? I've deleted a bunch of recordings through the DVR interface and I'd like to FTP in and permanently delete them, but I can't find them.

Why not just empty the trash can on the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

They should get deleted out of trash automatically after 8 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There is a hidden folder called ".Trash" in the movies folder. As mentioned by Gooey Looey, this should empty automatically after a number of days.

• Advertisement

PacMan wrote: »
    So last Saturday, i decieded i needed a new skin.
    (Before i downloaded the new skin, I saved all my software settings as per the blue button.)

After the Tiviar restarted, i did not like the skin, so tried to revert back to the old settings and now nothing is available when I press the blue button.

Completely Blank,

So I cannot revert back, the epg is there, and all my recording do not swow, when i press the option to watch them.

I can watch TV, all channels are still on their old numbers.

Any ideas on how to get back to my old settings please ?

If you are using openATV look for "Software Management" in the menu and restore your settings from there. It sounds like the new skin changed the button layout, always a risk when messing with skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

If you are using openATV look for "Software Management" in the menu and restore your settings from there. It sounds like the new skin changed the button layout, always a risk when messing with skins.

Thanks so much, I will give it a try in the morning.
    Appreciated

So i tried to restore settings as outlined above (Thanks Gerry) but no luck.
    The reason being, that when I press "Menu", and "Software Managment" the window that comes on screen is blank.

Tried a few times, including powering the box off for a while.

Would it be an option to "Flash" from a USB stick again ?
    maybe if someone could post an up to date link its would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

can you say the name of the skin you loaded? And have you got filezilla?

i think the skin was called "default", and may be incorrect on that one.
    Dont have filezilla, but willing to give it a try.

any suggestions (Most welcome)

Thanks

• Advertisement

No the skin will have an unique name, default is the box standard skin.

You can log into box and a lot of people use filezilla but I use winscp for windows. If you have windows downlaod it and its self explanatory, when you log into box the sequence is root, tempass. You can actually delete the skin and reboot.

You need to go root/usr/share/enigma2 and then you should see the skin you loaded, just delete it.

You could do a reflash so go to post 32 on this thread and follow it carefully.

thanks for that. Am away for the rest of the evening, and will try in the monring.

Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

@ swoofer
    You have probably got corrupted software so best bet would be start from scratch with THHB image but note use the very latest one on this thread. However flashing the Tiviar can be a bind so go slow and use a good usb stick. The picons are held on the HDD and its usual for a few to be missing.

Upgrading to 6.3 will just be an upgrade and usually for people who use a lot of plugins as old images sometimes wont load them. I have tivair on 2 boxes with 6.1 and 6.2 still perfect but dont do a lot of pausing etc.

Make sure box is nice and cool ie well ventilated.

It seems to be stable since I reverted to my last settings.

Another weird thing that used to happen was when, I'd go into Movie List. As soon as I'd scroll up down left or right, I'd get a "blue screen of death" , The box would reboot and everything would be fine. Never had time to get a pic of it.
    I'll leave well enough alone for the minute.

It sounds like the new skin changed the button layout, always a risk when messing with skins.

And that was the answer to my issues.

Did a bit of "Exploring" with the button layout, and as Gerry mentioned, all the different coloured buttons, now had new different functions.

After some trial and error, I was able to revert settings, and now, I am happy to report that all is back in working order, and my inner harmony have been restored !!

Many Thanks to all for your kind help.

A lesson learned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blueboggirl

Hi, still getting to grips with my box, hopefully I can get some help.
    I'm currently recording something on ch5, but I cant watch Dave at the same time?! I get the message 'no free tuner' I thought this box allowed you to record and watch something else or am I wrong? I've one aerial and one satellite connected, the other satellite is disabled.

Also how do you actually get a recording to play?! I go to timers, highlight the recording, but can't get it to actually play!
    Cheers

Hi, still getting to grips with my box, hopefully I can get some help.
    I'm currently recording something on ch5, but I cant watch Dave at the same time?! I get the message 'no free tuner' I thought this box allowed you to record and watch something else or am I wrong? I've one aerial and one satellite connected, the other satellite is disabled.

Also how do you actually get a recording to play?! I go to timers, highlight the recording, but can't get it to actually play!
    Cheers

Looks like I can only watch an Irish TV channel while recording an English one

Looks like I can only watch an Irish TV channel while recording an English one

Have you just one cable from the dish connected to the box?

Have you just one cable from the dish connected to the box?

Yes

Yes

It's going into tuner 1,(therr are two tuner one sockets) tuner 2 is empty

Yes

You need two cables from the dish to watch one and record another..

• Advertisement

You need two cables from the dish to watch one and record another..

Duh, I had no idea! running directly from the dish? Down into the other tuner 1 socket?

Duh, I had no idea! running directly from the dish? Down into the other tuner 1 socket?

Down to the other tuner 1 socket ..yes

Every tuner port on any box needs its own feed
    1 tuner needs 1 feed
    4 tuners need 4 feeds.
    The more cables and tuners in a room the more it can record.
    Freeview/Saorview could use a loop if it had 2 of the same tuners Dvb/T/T2

Dont split sat feeds.

If you had Sky + HD you would have had 2 sat feeds.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Every tuner port on any box needs its own feed
    1 tuner needs 1 feed
    4 tuners need 4 feeds.
    The more cables and tuners in a room the more it can record.
    Freeview/Saorview could use a loop if it had 2 of the same tuners Dvb/T/T2

Dont split sat feeds.

If you had Sky + HD you would have had 2 sat feeds.

I'm slowly understanding. Thanks!
    Will sort out another cable as soon as.
    This forum has been invaluable for me. Wish there was a 'triple tuner box for dummies' I've read the manual, but it's not in depth enough

Can I ask you, how do i access my recordings, and play them, I have an internal hard drive

Hopefully your hdd is setup correctly or will have issues.

On remote might be a button file list or play list should bring up your recordings and scroll to your choice and press play button to start.

Forgot to mention your lnb on sat dish comes in many sizes.

Single feed to 1 tuner

4 feeds to 4 tuners known as a quad lnb

8 feeds to 8 tuners known as an octo lnb

All depends on how many rooms you want to view.

On remote might be a button file list or play list should bring up your recordings and scroll to your choice and press play button to start.

Single feed to 1 tuner

I've found the recordings! Thank you 😂

Single feed to 1 tuner

If I now run the second cable, will I need to reset or reflash my box? So it recognises the new cable? I really hope not

If I now run the second cable, will I need to reset or reflash my box? So it recognises the new cable? I really hope not

No. Once you have the 2nd cable plugged in, go into tuner settings and make the new one (probably B) 'equal' the existing one (probably A) so that it says "equal tuner A". That way they both use the same channel lists.

No adding a second tuner feed all you have to do is setup the tuner to tell box you have added another feed and enable that tuner.Second tuner is possibly disabled as nothing connected and would then need to be enabled.

• Advertisement

no, just need to configure the second tuner just like the current one.

Advertisement