Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Hi, just trying to set up my triviar alpha plus box and have a couple of issues. Anbody that could shed some light on my issues below please.

I can't get any signal on tuner B or C. Tuner c is set up for region Wicklow(Arklow) and I'm within 2km of the mast. I obviously have an indoor aerial plugged into tuner C🙂

In The autobouqetsmaker provider the Saorview area is set to Wicklow, Arklow too.

Also minor issue that picture doesn't fit onto tv screen, any idea how to fix?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you plug the aerial direct in to TV dies it pick up any channels?

For the picture not appearing correct go in to Menu->Setup->Video->Basic Settings, then adjust the Display 16:9 content option as required.

If you plug the aerial direct in to TV dies it pick up any channels?

For the picture not appearing correct go in to Menu->Setup->Video->Basic Settings, then adjust the Display 16:9 content option as required.

I don't have saorview tv so can't check the aerial that way.

I should have said that its not the actual picture but when the menu button is pressed and bring up different options its the menu window that doesn't fit onto screen.

The time and date at the top you can just see about half of it and the left hand side of the menu is missing 1 or 2 letters from the start of each line.
    See picture below.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

User interface skin setup ,reduce 255 down to see picture clearer and go down each one in turn as you adjust with < or > buttons and move down to the next one.I adjust mine to a slight white shade all round the picture.

JonnyM wrote: »
    Hi, just trying to set up my triviar alpha plus box and have a couple of issues. Anbody that could shed some light on my issues below please.

I can't get any signal on tuner B or C. Tuner c is set up for region Wicklow(Arklow) and I'm within 2km of the mast. I obviously have an indoor aerial plugged into tuner C&#55357;&#56898;

In The autobouqetsmaker provider the Saorview area is set to Wicklow, Arklow too.

Also minor issue that picture doesn't fit onto tv screen, any idea how to fix?
    Thanks

Double check what cables are used as that box is 2 sat and 1 saorview.What image is on box as possibly its outdated as using old abm settings,try and see if abm updates to a newer viewer.

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    User interface skin setup ,reduce 255 down to see picture clearer and go down each one in turn as you adjust with < or > buttons and move down to the next one.I adjust mine to a slight white shade all round the picture.

This worked a treat! Thanks for your help

Double check what cables are used as that box is 2 sat and 1 saorview.What image is on box as possibly its outdated as using old abm settings,try and see if abm updates to a newer viewer.

OK I solved the issue of no signal for tuner 3 and its the aerial itself. The aerial isn't great and the slightest touch/movement and signal is lost and its nearly impossible to get a signal in the 1st place.

Anybody recommend a decent aerial?

No signal on tuner 2 was my issue as the inner core of cable had broken off!

Im using OpenATV version 6.0 and image is BlueHD 3.1.

Thanks for your help

I used a micro aerial on my e2 box non powered and was good enough for a signal

Atv 6.0 is very old as latest is 6.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

Hi,

I have an issue with viewing sat channels when there is a recording on I can only watch a small selection of other sat channels. It looks like tuner A and B are being used to record at the same time??

Any ideas?

Thanks.

kindalen wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an issue with viewing sat channels when there is a recording on I can only watch a small selection of other sat channels. It looks like tuner A and B are being used to record at the same time??

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Do you have 2 sat feeds into sat tuners as you can record on one and view on another.Make sure in signal finder you are getting a signal on both tuners.
    Unless you have 2 recordings going at the same time you might only be able to view ones on same TP as others are greyed out and cant choose.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply, how to I get to the signal finder? I have greyed out channels. There are 2 sat feeds from dish, have been using Tiviar box for a few years without issue.

I'll try delete the recording and putting it back on to record.

The signal for both tuners seems fine, but it looks like it is recording(the rec is flashing red) even though nothing is recording?

Thanks

No need to delete recording menu-setup-tuners and scanning-signal finder.
    Tuner A should show a scale on Snr and Agc
    Tuner B should also show the same.

If either tuner does not show a signal power off box and recheck F connector and/or swap over cables to see if issue changes.
    Never mess with cables with items powered on.

Tuner B getting no signal. Will check connection at box. Thanks for advice

Sometimes connection failure at tuner if box is moved and that is why you are getting greyed out channels.

100% right! Problem fixed, turned off box and reconnected the sat feeds. Job done. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Lucky you easy fix and not on dish.Enjoy recording now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I got a new laptop and am trying to configure Firezilla. I haven't the old one at the minute to get the parameters. I used to just press quick connect and I was in.

When I try to connect I get this message.

I had a quick look back through the early pages of the thread but could only find

Box IP add
    root
    tempass

I can't find "Port". I left it blank and it went to 21

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I only put box ip in and root lower case and hit connect,tick the box always allow and it should connect,funny 21 is the last numbers which are added to my ip address of box.

Straight in. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭liamtech

Folks i just posted in Foreign Satellite Section

Im wondering if anyone can advise - I am currently reinstalling a backup of my Technomate (full details on Foreign Sat Forum) - its been 'updating' for about an hour an a half - is this normal if installing from a backup via USB? How long should i wait before i call time

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Advertisement

No 1 1/2 hours is way too long,possibly corrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭teach nua

my tiviar box is stuck on a channel

i turn it on and off, it boots up to the same channel again and the remote wont let me change anything. Also normally there are two white lights on on the front of the box whereas now only the one on the left is on (the power button) the other light is not coming on..

i have the open atv image that i flashed with when i got the box new a few months ago on a pen stick.

do i need to reflash?
    would i loose my hdd recording if i do this?
    i know i did a setting backup as well at some stage, will I be able to retrieve these if I am reflashing?

Reflashing boxes dont affect recordings,if you know ip of box enter it into web browser like 192.168.1.23 and it should enter webinterface
    and see if you can access box from there.
    Was there a new skin added.?

Reflashing boxes dont affect recordings,if you know ip of box enter it into web browser like 192.168.1.23 and it should enter webinterface
    and see if you can access box from there.
    Was there a new skin added.?

okay, so remote in openwif works perfectly, what could be wrong with mine? when i press stb or tv button they light up so batteries should be okay, is there a way the remote could be locked out or something?

teach nua wrote: »
    okay, so remote in openwif works perfectly, what could be wrong with mine? when i press stb or tv button they light up so batteries should be okay, is there a way the remote could be locked out or something?

also, i got a firestick lately, would the remote for this be interfering with Tiviar box, the firestick remote does turn off the tv and i did not set it up to do that

Any new electronics in the room blocking signal,dect phone ect.Any other remote with button pressed?
    Maybe pickup sensor is out of alignment on box and first thing to try is new batteries as they will throw signal further.

Only using one remote at a time wont have a bearing.

teach nua wrote: »
    my tiviar box is stuck on a channel

i turn it on and off, it boots up to the same channel again and the remote wont let me change anything. Also normally there are two white lights on on the front of the box whereas now only the one on the left is on (the power button) the other light is not coming on..

i have the open atv image that i flashed with when i got the box new a few months ago on a pen stick.

do i need to reflash?
    would i loose my hdd recording if i do this?
    i know i did a setting backup as well at some stage, will I be able to retrieve these if I am reflashing?

I remember having a similar problem. I think it had something to do with the HDMI (cec) settings. Have you been changing anything in there. I can't remember exactly what it was but that sorted it.

Any new electronics in the room blocking signal,dect phone ect.Any other remote with button pressed?
    Maybe pickup sensor is out of alignment on box and first thing to try is new batteries as they will throw signal further.

Only using one remote at a time wont have a bearing.

sorry, changed batteries, all okay..should have started with that..thanks

Sometimes the easy fix is over looked.

• Advertisement

I remember spending 2 days trying different plugs and points and other things on a Honda 50 before realising there was no petrol in it.

Advertisement