Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

In your tuner settings is your location listed in REGION,mine is set to this.
    This is not for abm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Mines the same only I've set my region now. How do I scan from here?

I have been scanning in autobouquets.

If your location is now correct you can scan in abm for Saorview services and it should pull in channels.

I can scan on tuner c from there to give me lists of channels.

I can also scan in abm to have channels in Bouquets.

Bouquets are easier to access as they have their own place.

Have it all set but that's still giving me the same message, after it scans for channels none are found.

How many listings are there for Donegal ?

Choose nearest to you and save and exit and retry.

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    How many listings are there for Donegal ?

11, should I try them all. Tried one nearest and no good. Is there somewhere I can check if box is getting a signal from the aerial?

Try this as it might guide you quicker.
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

darced wrote: »
    11, should I try them all. Tried one nearest and no good. Is there somewhere I can check if box is getting a signal from the aerial?

Go into tuner settings and look for "satellite finder". [yeah I know it's counter-intuitive] In there select the correct terrestrial tuner (C?) and the correct frequencies for your area. It should show signal strength.

Solved by searching Ireland all regions. Now time shift is not working correctly, an x appears when I try and pause. Any ideas?

Everything fixed and working great, the time shift issue was a setting in time shift settings which had a delay on it.
    Thanks for all your help guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I might have a bit of HDD trouble. I'm hearing a squeaking sound sometimes and some timers are not recording. Could it be on the way out.

Can anyone recommend a replacement? The one I have is a Seagate Barracuda. It's 2.5 years old and has been working every day. Would that be the normal lifespan?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I was recommended THIS drive when I bought mine. i think its specifically for PVR's etc. Mine has had no issues however at that pricepoint you can get a 1TB SSD HERE for another €20. I think I remember some of the more tech savvy guys have fitted SSD's ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Our remote has magically disappeared, im blaming the little friends in the house who are pleading innocence :D:D:D

Has anyone managed to get an original replacement or got something else like a harmony remote etc???

gar wrote: »
    Our remote has magically disappeared, im blaming the little friends in the house who are pleading innocence :D:D:D

Has anyone managed to get an original replacement or got something else like a harmony remote etc???

Try here
    https://www.freetv.ie/tiviar-alpha-plus-remote-control/

You can use your laptop to control box functions while you wait for remote.Enter your box ip into browser of laptop to open webif.

Cheers

Been using the dreamdroid app to keep me going.
    I know it'll appear as so as I order.
    I'll give it the week and see what cupboard it turns up in

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blueboggirl

Some EPG advice please, I'm not savvy with this box at all yet. From help on here when I got the box, I did manage to use openwebif to create a single epg. All I want is all irish channels and english in it. It worked for a couple of weeks. Now EVERY time I select EPG, most channels have no programme information and the remote will skip them, so I can't watch them.
    I finally remembered how to get into openwebif and had a look, it looks fine, nothings changed. Does anyone have any insights to why this is happening?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Long shot and I'm sure those in the know will have better ideas but before my PCU failed and had to be replaced this was happening. No EPG missed recordings. I reflashed countless times but after a day or two it would reoccur. After PCU replacement all was fine. Just something to keep in mind if the box is still within a warranty period.

Would the box not have needed epg to be setup to import data and stored on hdd or usb..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if there was discounts on these boxes for Black Friday last year at all?

Also a few saying their boxes are dying, how many years have they lasted?

• Advertisement

Cheers

Been using the dreamdroid app to keep me going.
    I know it'll appear as so as I order.
    I'll give it the week and see what cupboard it turns up in

Update, the remote resurfaced in a toy truck... Pretty sure I didn't put it there

Update, the remote resurfaced in a toy truck... Pretty sure I didn't put it there

Tell the truth you had a great time going brm brm brmmmmmm:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Some EPG advice please, I'm not savvy with this box at all yet. From help on here when I got the box, I did manage to use openwebif to create a single epg. All I want is all irish channels and english in it. It worked for a couple of weeks. Now EVERY time I select EPG, most channels have no programme information and the remote will skip them, so I can't watch them.
    I finally remembered how to get into openwebif and had a look, it looks fine, nothings changed. Does anyone have any insights to why this is happening?
    Thanks

Can you check whether you have EPG Refresh or CrossEPG plug-ins installed? You need one of these to ensure the EPG refreshes automatically. There is a setting that determines whether channels without EPG are skipped. It's under settings (system/EPG I think), it's not available from OpenWebIF.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭MenloPete

Just reporting another dead Tiviar Power Supply after the box was off for a couple of days. :mad:
    Have ordered a replacement - it's cheaper than trying to return the box, even though it's probably still in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Random question:
    I just noticed that the Recall function has stopped working.
    Is there a option to get it working again?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

Silly answer but have you confirmed that the remote is out-putting IR when you press the recall button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

hs5424 wrote: »
    Silly answer but have you confirmed that the remote is out-putting IR when you press the recall button.
    Just noticed it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

MenloPete wrote: »
    Just reporting another dead Tiviar Power Supply after the box was off for a couple of days. :mad:
    Have ordered a replacement - it's cheaper than trying to return the box, even though it's probably still in warranty.

A replacement box or replacement PSU?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hs5424

Originally Posted by hs5424 View Post

There's where your problem is so.

• Advertisement

I would still send it back if under warranty,i know the pain as had to send back a few boxes.

Advertisement