Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

Brewdog have another deal going.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/48-x-cans-of-brewdog-beers-for-4331-with-code-at-brewdog-shop-3480242
    48 cans for a bit over €50 + parcel Wizard fee.

Did this on their last deal and picked up 24 mixed cans for about €30. Lovely stuff so far. Parcel Wizard had no problems delivering either, though 48 cans would be a decent sized package.

48 330ml cans is going to weigh ~18 kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

mollymac57 wrote: »
    A lovely refreshing pint of Estrella cost me €2.20 in my local in Playa Flamenca when I was over there last Feb. can’t wait to return. Just wondering what will the price of a pint of lager in Ireland be when the pubs open?

It’ll cost about tree fiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

glasso wrote: »
    48 330ml cans is going to weigh ~18 kg.

Balls, the weight issue didnt even click with me. Any idea what PW charge for overweight stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind, found this on their FAQ

the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply:

€3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 74c per additional kg over 20kg.

If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!)

(L x W x D)/6000 = kg

e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be: €3.85 + (16 x 0.74) + €10 = €25.69

If your parcel is outside the weight and dimension restrictions, we will accept delivery into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address and will contact you to arrange payment.

Please note we will not accept delivery for any goods over 31kg.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Balls, the weight issue didnt even click with me. Any idea what PW charge for overweight stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind, found this on their FAQ

the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm.

If your parcel is outside these limits, the following charges will apply:

€3.85 for first 20kg plus a surcharge of €10 per consignment plus 74c per additional kg over 20kg.

If your box is outside the size dimensions, please use the following calculation to assess charges (if your box is large but weighs less than 20kg, a surcharge may still be applied so do check!)

(L x W x D)/6000 = kg

e.g. So a box of 60cm x 60cm x 60cm is calculated as (60 x 60 x 60)/6000= 36kg Charges will be: €3.85 + (16 x 0.74) + €10 = €25.69

If your parcel is outside the weight and dimension restrictions, we will accept delivery into the Parcel Wizard UK Virtual Address and will contact you to arrange payment.

Please note we will not accept delivery for any goods over 31kg.

where are you getting 60cm x 60cm x 60cm?

can't see any box size mentioned here.....

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/the-headliners-48-x-can

24 cans is Dimensions - (L) 401mm x (W) 266mm x (H) 116mm.

from here https://www.beerboxshop.co.uk/trade-and-self-delivery-boxes/single-wall-can/24-can-trade-self-delivery-box-330ml/#:~:text=Our%200201%20style%20single%20wall,266mm%20x%20(H)%20116mm.

so 48 would be 40cm x 27cm x 23cm -> within parcel wizard size so no extra charge?

where are you getting 60cm x 60cm x 60cm?

can't see any box size mentioned here.....

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/the-headliners-48-x-can

24 cans is Dimensions - (L) 401mm x (W) 266mm x (H) 116mm.

from here https://www.beerboxshop.co.uk/trade-and-self-delivery-boxes/single-wall-can/24-can-trade-self-delivery-box-330ml/#:~:text=Our%200201%20style%20single%20wall,266mm%20x%20(H)%20116mm.

so 48 would be 40cm x 27cm x 23cm -> within parcel wizard size so no extra charge?

Parcel Wizard. I copied that text verbatim from their website

• Advertisement

Parcel Wizard. I copied that text verbatim from their website

ok.

just that I go the impression from reading your mail that the 48 cans would incur those extra charges.

by my research on can pack dimensions it should come in with no surcharge for 48 cans

ok.

just that I go the impression from reading your mail that the 48 cans would incur those extra charges.

by my research on can pack dimensions it should come in with no surcharge for 48 cans

I dont know if it will or wont come within the allowable weight/dimensions but in any case it will likely be on the limit of those restrictions. I was just curious as to what the overweight/oversize charges were in the event that I would have to pay.

Fingers crossed they'll be within the limits though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Speaking of trying to get booze from the UK

Red Breast 12 year old is 35 pounds on amazon. It’s normally 60-63 euro in the shops

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redbreast-Single-Still-Irish-Whiskey/dp/B00IXL998C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=redbreast+12+year&qid=1591703786&sprefix=red+breast+12&sr=8-2

I’m half tempted to chance ordering it to parcel wizard or address pal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

They are checking every amazon parcel coming in these days.

I’ve ordered shoes, books, dog toys, all kinds of stuff and the boxes have been opened

They are checking every amazon parcel coming in these days.

I’ve ordered shoes, books, dog toys, all kinds of stuff and the boxes have been opened

Ditto with me. Every amazon box iv gotten through PM and parcel wizard has been opened and inspected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Ditto with me. Every amazon box iv gotten through PM and parcel wizard has been opened and inspected.

Do they email if it's alcohol or how do you find out they aren't delivering?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco

Guinness Draught Can 12X500ml
    Special OfferSAVE 5.00 Was 19.00 Now 14.00
    valid from tomorrow (10/6/2020) until 7/7/2020

Heineken 8X50cl Can
    Special OfferSAVE 1.00 Was 12.00 Now 11.00

Bulmers Original 12X50cl Can
    Special OfferSAVE 1.00 Was 19.00 Now 18.00

Carlsberg Can 12X500ml
    Special OfferSAVE 4.00 Was 18.00 Now 14.00

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great price for the 12 Guinness. always feel obliged to drink the 24 if I buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

crazyderk wrote: »

Red Breast 12 year old is 35 pounds on amazon. It’s normally 60-63 euro in the shops

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redbreast-Single-Still-Irish-Whiskey/dp/B00IXL998C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=redbreast+12+year&qid=1591703786&sprefix=red+breast+12&sr=8-2

This is a fantastic deal, got it delivered to the family up north for safe keeping! Saved about €20 thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

crazyderk wrote: »

Got two bottles via Addresspal. A subsequent order (of another 2 bottles) was stopped and sent back to sender (so I got a refund on them- about a fortnight later from Amazon). Wish there was some way of getting them sent here reliably. I always choose the 'gift option' (aka they put the box in a box- so its not possible to see whats in the package)- the regular option blatantly states that its alcohol not for sale to under 18s..........

Another good whiskey option from Amazon (if you have some manner of getting it shipped) is

15 Year Old Glenfiddich @ £32 a bottle here

Very pleasant single malt Scotch- slightly fruity, its finished in port casks, very pleasant after-taste.

Normally EUR65 a bottle in Celtic Whiskey here

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I won't use Parcel Motel again. A package of 2 x 1L bottles of Bombay Sapphire was checked into the depot, never left it and I was told that it was "lost in their network" and never received the goods! AddressPal are decent and should return-to-sender if they block it so you should get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is there any Drone service that will deliver a crate of kingfisher beer from Newry to me in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Will Parcel Motel do the trick?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I won't use Parcel Motel again. A package of 2 x 1L bottles of Bombay Sapphire was checked into the depot, never left it and I was told that it was "lost in their network" and never received the goods! AddressPal are decent and should return-to-sender if they block it so you should get a refund.

Parcel Motel is gone to sh*t alright.

Every box I get from them now is ripped open and left in an awful state which is infuriating if you’re ordering a gift for someone and I’ve heard on a number of occasions of things going missing or showing up broken.

I’m not just referring to alcohol in the above by the way- it’s everything that seems to pass through parcel motel these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I had something delivered recently which Parcel Motel themselves said was lost 6 weeks previously:D. I think the mass of online deliveries, due to you know what :mad: has really disrupted courier systems across the board, no matter from what source:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Similar for me. I only use Parcel Wizard. Package showed up long after I had given up on it. It seems my package was wrongly delivered to Parcel Motel not Parcel Wizard. They are on the same street in Belfast apparently. Eventually someone somewhere figured it out and it was delivered to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Craft Central have Eight Degrees Citra 440ml in their 4 for 10, which is pretty decent, so a crates worth works out at 60 quid. Saving of 20 quid if you were buying direct from Eight Degrees.

https://craftcentral.ie/products/eight-degrees-citra-440ml-can-5-7?_pos=1&_sid=47990ea8a&_ss=r

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Parcel Motel is gone to sh*t alright.

Every box I get from them now is ripped open and left in an awful state which is infuriating if you’re ordering a gift for someone and I’ve heard on a number of occasions of things going missing or showing up broken.

I’m not just referring to alcohol in the above by the way- it’s everything that seems to pass through parcel motel these days

Is there a reason they are checking everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

the corpo wrote: »
    Craft Central have Eight Degrees Citra 440ml in their 4 for 10, which is pretty decent, so a crates worth works out at 60 quid. Saving of 20 quid if you were buying direct from Eight Degrees.

https://craftcentral.ie/products/eight-degrees-citra-440ml-can-5-7?_pos=1&_sid=47990ea8a&_ss=r

SuperValu are also doing 2 for a Fiver (or 4 for a Tenner) - Citra, Full Irish, Seisun

jhammer wrote: »
    Is there a reason they are checking everything?

To try and find something worth robbing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is an active thread for Parcel motel/wizard etc in the couriers forum for issues with their service. This thread is big enough without that, not to mention any issues with importing.

Back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

rubadub wrote: »
    Tesco

Guinness Draught Can 12X500ml
    Special OfferSAVE 5.00 Was 19.00 Now 14.00

Heineken 8X50cl Can
    Special OfferSAVE 1.00 Was 12.00 Now 11.00

Bulmers Original 12X50cl Can
    Special OfferSAVE 1.00 Was 19.00 Now 18.00

Carlsberg Can 12X500ml
    Special OfferSAVE 4.00 Was 18.00 Now 14.00

Can't see the Guinness deal on the website or in my local. Does anyone know if it's still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

geordi wrote: »
    Can't see the Guinness deal on the website or in my local. Does anyone know if it's still on?

I was keeping an eye on the Guinness too.
    Have a screenshot of it saying it's meant to be on from today until July sometime.. but it seems they have moved the goalposts yet again.

Usually they end an offer early but this is the first time I noticed them promising an offer and not even starting it then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Marks and Spencer doing 3 for 7euro on beer. Also picked up a 4pack of their British lager on special for 4euro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement