Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Picked up one of these machines back in December and absolutely love it, would use it once in the morning for 2 cups however yesterday when I used it I noticed the coffee started to come out of it very slowly almost drip feed like. Haven't adjusted the settings or anything since I first set them and it was perfectly fine then.

Cleaned out the machine this morning and used it after and it was still the same scenario coffee just dropping out. Anyone have any similar problems or know how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Joekers wrote: »
    Picked up one of these machines back in December and absolutely love it, would use it once in the morning for 2 cups however yesterday when I used it I noticed the coffee started to come out of it very slowly almost drip feed like. Haven't adjusted the settings or anything since I first set them and it was perfectly fine then.

Cleaned out the machine this morning and used it after and it was still the same scenario coffee just dropping out. Anyone have any similar problems or know how to fix this?

If it's not limescale then it could be grind size - it may need to be adjusted coarser (i.e. towards the + symbol) for the beans you are using. You should adjust the grind so it will deliver a fluid oz (28 ml) in about 25 seconds. make sure the grinder is running when you adjust it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

stimpson wrote: »
    If it's not limescale then it could be grind size - it may need to be adjusted coarser (i.e. towards the + symbol) for the beans you are using. You should adjust the grind so it will deliver a fluid oz (28 ml) in about 25 seconds. make sure the grinder is running when you adjust it.

Okay so it could be the new beans I put into it, when you say adjust when running do you mean as I press for a cup and it's grinding I then turn it up higher?

Okay so it could be the new beans I put into it, when you say adjust when running do you mean as I press for a cup and it's grinding I then turn it up higher?

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Your infuser may be blocked. Try soaking it in water for 5min.
    There is also a good video on YouTube on how to take apart the brewer unit to clean and re-lube it using food grade lube.
    I have not done it but it looks very similar to the 2800 one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Where's best to pick up de-scale? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

SQ2 wrote: »

Seen descaler tabs in dealz or euro shop one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid and vinegar is all you need.
    Occasional use of vinegar won't damage the aluminium internals if present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Aldi often have descaler - they have it currently. Its in the section with the kitchen specials in the aisle with all the weekly special products.

One bottle will do you for about 6-10 descales

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

bromley52 wrote: »
    Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid and vinegar is all you need.
    Occasional use of vinegar won't damage the aluminium internals if present.

Let's check the manual
    Please note:
    Use De’Longhi descaler only.
    Under no circumstances should you use sulphamic
    or acetic based descalers. Their use invalidates
    the guarantee.
    Failure to descale the appliance as described
    above also invalidates the guarantee

Vinegar will destroy the rubber seals in the machine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

For the sake of it just use the delonghi stuff!

And as mineral content in water varies hugely in this country if you want good longevity from your machine do it when you get the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

As mentioned above, avoid vinegar as it has a drying effect on the seals.
    A lactic acid(same as Delonghi) or citric acid based descaler will do the job perfectly.
    I've been using the HG espresso machine descaler for 2 and a half years with no issues.
    Available fairly reasonably at Woodies and Homestore and more for 500ml bottle and often at 3 for 2!

banie01 wrote: »
    As mentioned above, avoid vinegar as it has a drying effect on the seals.
    A lactic acid(same as Delonghi) or citric acid based descaler will do the job perfectly.
    I've been using the HG espresso machine descaler for 2 and a half years with no issues.
    Available fairly reasonably at Woodies and Homestore and more for 500ml bottle and often at 3 for 2!

I posted a thread back here about descaler. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106231438&postcount=778

Oust is lactic acid based, cheap and widely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

So are we happy with the Adli descaler then instead? Or after that where is good to pick up the genuine stuff?

So are we happy with the Adli descaler then instead? Or after that where is good to pick up the genuine stuff?

Look at the ingredients. lactic or citric acid 100% fine.
    even white vinegar in 30%:70% ratio to water fine (for 3 times a year use) from what I've used and from internet reports but posters here who haven't used it will have you believe otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Descale light is on. I'm following manual instructions to descale. Hold descale button for 5 seconds. Top 3 lights flash and won't stop. I half turn steam knob anyway and wait but nothing. I end up turning steam knob and let descale solution run through that way. What am I doing wrong as descale lift still comes on and I can't get rid of it. Please help me. I'm cracking up. Thanks

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Descale light is on. I'm following manual instructions to descale. Hold descale button for 5 seconds. Top 3 lights flash and won't stop. I half turn steam knob anyway and wait but nothing. I end up turning steam knob and let descale solution run through that way. What am I doing wrong as descale lift still comes on and I can't get rid of it. Please help me. I'm cracking up. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Don19

I'm selling mine if anyone's interested. On adverts.ie

I'm Don17 there as for some reason my Don17 profile won't work in boards anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Back at £220 on De'Longhi website, and £22 off with code THANKS10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not sure if this is allowed, but I have one of these barely used in box. €125 takes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Not sure if this is allowed, but I have one of these barely used in box. €125 takes it.

Where you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Also wouldn't mind having a chat if it doesn't suit montgomery

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Also wouldn't mind having a chat if it doesn't suit montgomery

keep me in mind also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Interested. Cork/Munster area

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's gone lads sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Any tips for using the milk frother?

Haven't really managed to get any good results yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Use full fat milk- semi/low fat milk just doesn't froth the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alan McG

Don't burn it. There's nothing worse than a delicious coffee ruined by burnt milk.... well maybe there are worse things, but just don't do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Alan McG wrote: »
    Don't burn it. There's nothing worse than a delicious coffee ruined by burnt milk.... well maybe there are worse things, but just don't do it!

Probably a stupid question but how would you burn it using the frother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alan McG

The temperature of the steam coming out of the frother is well above 100C. Milk is technically "scalded" at 82C, but you'd want to stay below 74C.

Basically the various proteins start to denature, or break down. It gives the milk a dirty taste.

I bought one of these to keep an eye on the temperature. Although after a while you'll just get used to learning when it's done.

Advertisement