Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

Weyhey wrote: »
    Got my 3 free bags of coffee and descaler (not coffee care kit) today via anpost. Thought I had missed the boat as I only registered early January. Now if I could only get the milk to froth properly for my cappuccinos....

Thanks again to phunkadelic for passing on the argos reservation code. Much appreciated. Also to Mike3459 for offering me his too.

try semi-skimmed milk. if you're ever getting a coffee in a decent coffee shop you'll notice that's what they use. it froths better. look at some youtube videos on how to do it also - they are helpful.

still haven't got my free coffee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

ikol_ wrote: »
    hey paul could you send me on a price and location too please if the other offer falls through
    Sent you a PM there about this

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Have people needed to buy descaling solution for this yet? Got mine back in December and have used one already. Went to order another from Delonghi in the UK. Costs 7 or 8 quid...the delivery is the same price though!!
    Anyone acquired any here in Ireland? Any other generic other than the DeLonghi one's used?

Cheers

I haven't had to buy any yet, but like you I had to use the one in the pack already. I had a look the other day and I saw that Harvey Norman have 500ml for €12.90, which seems pretty reasonable (although no stock in Naas, which is why I didn't pick one up yet):
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/coffee-machines/pods-and-accessories/delonghi-descaler-ecodecalk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Got my free coffee and descaler today. Registered on 1st Jan. Thanks again to the person who posted the 2800 deal.

paddym1 wrote: »
    I haven't had to buy any yet, but like you I had to use the one in the pack already. I had a look the other day and I saw that Harvey Norman have 500ml for €12.90, which seems pretty reasonable (although no stock in Naas, which is why I didn't pick one up yet):
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/coffee-machines/pods-and-accessories/delonghi-descaler-ecodecalk.html

there is this one on amazon for just under £6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CWANDT6/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I23QMBJD4QWORY&colid=1JBYBR8S1PZH2&psc=0

if you search the internet white vinegar and water mixed will work apparently...

https://www.hunker.com/12002556/how-to-decalcify-a-delonghi-coffee-machine

apparently the descaler is lactic acid (yes the same one humans get in their muscles after exercise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

glasso wrote: »
    there is this one on amazon for just under £6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CWANDT6/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I23QMBJD4QWORY&colid=1JBYBR8S1PZH2&psc=0

if you search the internet white vinegar and water mixed will work apparently...

https://www.hunker.com/12002556/how-to-decalcify-a-delonghi-coffee-machine

apparently the descaler is lactic acid (yes the same one humans get in their muscles after exercise).

Don’t use vinegar on these machines. They have rubber gaskets that will perish. Stick to the proper descaler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Care package of descaler and 3 coffee bags arrived today. Purchased the last day of 2017 in Argos .

stimpson wrote: »
    Don’t use vinegar on these machines. They have rubber gaskets that will perish. Stick to the proper descaler.

with long terms use yes. doubt one every few months would make a difference.

the descaler itself also uses acid which would perish rubber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Didn't get any free coffee, but did get some bottles of descaler. Only registered around 6th January so wasnt expecting anything tbh.

Didn't get any free coffee, but did get some bottles of descaler. Only registered around 6th January so wasnt expecting anything tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Only bottles of descaler :( Better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

tototoe wrote: »

Same here on the 2800 offer, just descaler.
    I did buy the 4200 last year and received the 3 bags and descaler.
    If they are still providing the same coffee, you haven't missed much out of the 3 bags 1 was great and the other 2 were well below the Lavazza crema and gusto beans I usually run.

Tbh I had written off getting the machine as Argos in Limerick lost them or something and they contacted me the first week in January and honoured the original offer, so a couple of bottles of descaler was a bonus. Was expecting nothing. Delighted to get the machine for the money tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

banie01 wrote: »
    If they are still providing the same coffee, you haven't missed much out of the 3 bags 1 was great and the other 2 were well below the Lavazza crema and gusto beans I usually run.

Question, think I bought the 4000/4200 18 months to 2 years ago, just wondering if I could still apply or is that too far gone and also where would I find the product code?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Hococop wrote: »
    Question, think I bought the 4000/4200 18 months to 2 years ago, just wondering if I could still apply or is that too far gone and also where would I find the product code?

Nothing to lose. Pull out water container and number should be there. Put on fill out form you bought it in December 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

banie01 wrote: »

You didn't have to register before January. You just had to buy before Jan 1st and register within I think it was 30 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I got the descaler and coffee. Tried the Gajah Mountain first and I am floored by how nice it is! Will certainly be buying more!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Perhaps a thread should be made here for general discussion about this machine as far as i can see the last 10+ pages are just people talking about registering the machine for free coffee and figuring out how to set it up

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

If getting free coffee after buying a machine at a great price isn't a bargain then I don't know what is but the ship has sailed so you might have a point.

Got mine too, very nice coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I'm still waiting on my free gift :( Registered Dec 28th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I'm still waiting on my free gift :( Registered Dec 28th.

#MeTOO

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

LizardKing wrote: »
    #MeTOO

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Perhaps a thread should be made here for general discussion about this machine as far as i can see the last 10+ pages are just people talking about registering the machine for free coffee and figuring out how to set it up

I think theres already a thread in there for these machine settings. I have this machine myself that I picked up of Amazon.sa I think. One of the best things I ever bought without a doubt.

I got a reply from the customer care on the freebies

"
    Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you have not received the promotional items. We did have a delay in getting these sent out due to the volume of registrations but you should have received these by now. I will get a request sent to our warehouse to get some more promotional items sent out.
    "

we shall see ...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

I got a reply from the customer care on the freebies

"
    Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you have not received the promotional items. We did have a delay in getting these sent out due to the volume of registrations but you should have received these by now. I will get a request sent to our warehouse to get some more promotional items sent out.
    "

we shall see ...

Could you share the email address you used?
    I haven't received anything either and I registered the end of December 17.

Thanks!

Pixied wrote: »
    Could you share the email address you used?
    I haven't received anything either and I registered the end of December 17.

Thanks!

I did it via the serious about coffee club login and contact us form

http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/customer-experience/contact-us-

it asked for a uk address but I just filled out default.

They have my details from machine serial, home address etc in the coffee club registration

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

I did it via the serious about coffee club login and contact us form

http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/customer-experience/contact-us-

it asked for a uk address but I just filled out default.

They have my details from machine serial, home address etc in the coffee club registration

Thanks, I just contacted them on chat and got the same response. They said it should take 7-10 days.

Fingers crossed. No big deal but it would be nice to see what arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

My free gift finally arrived in a plastic bag. I registered on the 30Dec and I contacted them again in the 1st week of February.
    I was expecting 3 different types of coffee but it's free so don't care.
    Now I just have to take the machine out of the box and give it a go. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

bromley52 wrote: »
    My free gift finally arrived in a plastic bag. I registered on the 30Dec and I contacted them again in the 1st week of February.

How did you contact them? And did you buy from Argos in Ireland?

• Advertisement

bought from Argos and registered Dec 28th or something like that.
    got the coffee + care kit today finally.
    got 3 of the same one - revelation. had tasted that one b4 as had bought the one from amazon as a gift and the coffee arrived for that one early jan - 3 different types.
    it's not that great.
    the Gajah Mountain one mentioned above was nice.
    still can't be complaining too much. good to get the care kit anyways.

Advertisement