Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

It was the content. The individual filmed talking about CNN and their way of operating.

This isvrge second time a CNN employee has been caught out talking about company planning or direction etc.

You've ignored multiple posts that showed up issues with the story. The most major part being that he's simply a low ranking employee that switches cameras and such so he has no special knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yep, even Fox has a clearly separated reporting division and it's simply reporting events with no added opinion. 24 hour news just doesn't generally have enough news to just report.

Exactly, whereas you then have the likes of Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity being brought to court for lying on their shows and their defence amounting to "Nobody should believe anything that we ever say on our shows"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,551 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Which one?

CNN or fox? Rte or BBC?

Which biased organisation are you referring to?

The organisation you linked to in your post which have a proven record of telling lies and producing deceptive videos. And you accuse others of deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It was the content. The individual filmed talking about CNN and their way of operating.

This isvrge second time a CNN employee has been caught out talking about company planning or direction etc.

And you've ignored every rebuttal to that that clearly demonstrated the post content was complete bull**** so I can only believe its your obvious Cognative Bias at play

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All News items have a degree of Bias in them. It's inherent in the structure of the reporting.

Bias is NOT the same as lying.

Here's a Fox News story about a viral video relating to a McDonalds in Texas.

The Facts of the story are this - The store in question has a sign up asking people to please be patient with them as they are having staff shortages at present. The person who posted the video is quoted as saying that she believes the reason for this staff shortage is that people are making too much money off Social welfare and no longer want to work.

It's a fact that she said that , but the statement is her opinion.

So- On the face of it , this is a piece of "Factual News" , but really it's a biased piece echoing the standard GOP/Conservative viewpoint of the "feckless social welfare recipient" and how Governments giving people money dis-incentivises work etc.

Now - The same story on CNN or MSNBC would also state the same facts , but the biased angle would be around how the lack of a decent minimum wage and zero hour contracting etc. makes it impossible to live working for places like McDonalds - Echoing Democrat/Liberal viewpoints around Corporate exploitation of low paid workers and so on.

To their credit , Fox do include a single quote from someone with the Liberal/Democrat viewpoint , but it's one quote at the very end of the article lost in the rest the article supporting the other side.

Again , CNN et al would likely have flipped that ratio in their hypothetical version of this.

So - There isn't a single lie in this article, not one.

However the intent and biased political messaging intended to be promoted is absolutely clear and the specific audiences being targeted by the media hear a story that aligns with their worldview.

That's how Media Bias works.

Endless stories about Election Fraud? - That's Lying!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I retract my accusations.

Clearly, Trump has *nothing* to do with Russia...

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1384327386573856768?s=19

Lying sack of....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's actually quite an impressive feat he pulls off.

He he able to simultaneously be the smartest, bestest, brilliant, only possible person to save America while at the same time being completely unaware of anything going on around him, with him or in the wider world.

He has the answer to everything but knows nothing about anything.

And his supporters accept this, nay they openly embrace it and applaud it.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I retract my accusations.

Clearly, Trump has *nothing* to do with Russia...

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1384327386573856768?s=19

Lying sack of....

He must be the worst poker player ever, the 'Sir' is such a tell

This Tucker reaction is quite something...

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,551 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"I think it's the role of the president of the United States to stay back, to not inflame the tensions," said Kayleigh McEnany

Comical :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This Tucker reaction is quite something...

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=19

Well that was unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,870 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well that was unhinged.

Brace yourself because if he says it there’s millions of his viewers who will take it to the bank and show it to all their friends.

Well that was unhinged.

It wasn't a once off either..... :-/

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1385034112596123650?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trump's continued comments on how the election was stolen etc, is actually keeping some of the Capitol Rioters in jail longer and seeing them be denied bail, on the reasoning that since they stormed the Capitol based on Trump's comments, and Trump is still making such comments, they're liable to again engage in violence/rioting

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1384858555082215428?s=20

Penn wrote: »
    Trump's continued comments on how the election was stolen etc, is actually keeping some of the Capitol Rioters in jail longer and seeing them be denied bail, on the reasoning that since they stormed the Capitol based on Trump's comments, and Trump is still making such comments, they're liable to again engage in violence/rioting

Must suck to be thrown under the bus by the dick you followed blindly only for him to then reverse it back over you

Penn wrote: »

'incarcerate me more daddy' - trumpettes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

duploelabs wrote: »
    He must be the worst poker player ever, the 'Sir' is such a tell

Anytime he says "Sir" you just know he is lying with the sentence that follows it. Its part of the many imaginary conversations in his head that never happened. Like that time he couldnt get down the ramp at the Navy shindig he said the officer went "Sir, the ramp is slippy, let me hold you by the arm". Yeah right Donnie :rolleyes:

Im surprised he hasnt had anything to say about the Chavin verdict, it would have seemed an ideal time for him to get some dog whistles to his supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im surprised he hasnt had anything to say about the Chavin verdict, it would have seemed an ideal time for him to get some dog whistles to his supporters.

They're getting the crayons out so he can start writing the bestest pardon ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

^^^^
    Could be the end of any future Presidential campaign which he might have been considering. I never thought he had the charisma to be considered a serious contender but some one here rated his chances highly.

That was probably me as I backed him at 40/1 a couple of months ago. Though I wouldnt say I rate Pompeos chances very highly, however if Trump doesnt run in 2024 then I think he will be right there in the mix. Its already known he is interested in it and he would serve as a type of Trump-lite candidate (as would deSantis). Pompeo lacks Trumps charisma for sure but so does everyone in the field really.His belligerent and forceful nature should appeal to the Trump base and the evangelicals love him too for his meddling in Israel. I could also see Trump endorsing Pompeo if he doesnt run himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That was probably me as I backed him at 40/1 a couple of months ago. Though I wouldnt say I rate Pompeos chances very highly, however if Trump doesnt run in 2024 then I think he will be right there in the mix. Its already known he is interested in it and he would serve as a type of Trump-lite candidate (as would deSantis). Pompeo lacks Trumps charisma for sure but so does everyone in the field really.His belligerent and forceful nature should appeal to the Trump base and the evangelicals love him too for his meddling in Israel. I could also see Trump endorsing Pompeo if he doesnt run himself.

The problem for Trump, or indeed anyone that runs under his banner, is where are they going to find the votes?
    What message are they going to go with that will turn 4 millions voter away from Dems and back to Trump?

He had the perfect opportunity to be reelected, being POTUS gave enournous advantages. And let us not forget his use of the WH, AF1 etc as props. THese will not be available.

Not saying it can't be done, but I have seen nothing at all to say that they recognise the shortcomings they had and the need to address them. Of course that is probably because it is such a long way off but Trump doesn't strike me as a person that learns from his mistakes.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The problem for Trump, or indeed anyone that runs under his banner, is where are they going to find the votes?
    What message are they going to go with that will turn 4 millions voter away from Dems and back to Trump?

He had the perfect opportunity to be reelected, being POTUS gave enournous advantages. And let us not forget his use of the WH, AF1 etc as props. THese will not be available.

Not saying it can't be done, but I have seen nothing at all to say that they recognise the shortcomings they had and the need to address them. Of course that is probably because it is such a long way off but Trump doesn't strike me as a person that learns from his mistakes.

And that is why voter suppression is the order of the day in the republican party..

The one year anniversary of this complete and utter car crash.

How the **** did the U.S. survive 4 years of this utter stupidity?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1385443359582347267?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hmm... Didn't realize the Mypillow guy was starting his own 'social media.' Seems like he didn't hire the best tech staff:

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/23/coding-experts-tell-salon-mike-lindells-botched-social-site-was-doomed-to-fail/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Lots of Americans didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,870 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Igotadose wrote: »
    Lots of Americans didn't.

And none of us Frankly care

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Igotadose wrote: »
    Hmm... Didn't realize the Mypillow guy was starting his own 'social media.' Seems like he didn't hire the best tech staff:

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/23/coding-experts-tell-salon-mike-lindells-botched-social-site-was-doomed-to-fail/

Oh it's been very special..

They both had "2 Billion access requests" whilst also being subject to "the largest hacking attempt in history", all while the site has been mostly down and no one has been able to sign up to the app yet.

And for a free speech site that touts it having "no restrictions" you are not allowed to swear or "take the lords name in vain" and without a shred of irony you will also not be allowed to tell lies on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Ah the memories. All the "What he meant was" and "He didn't literally say to drink bleach" posts were fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ah the memories. All the "What he meant was" and "He didn't literally say to drink bleach" posts were fun.

Wasn't that the time when his supporters on here and around him immediately went in to overdrive saying that he was joking and he gave an interview confirming he was serious.

We laugh now, it wasn't funny then and won't be funny in 3 years if he is seeking to get on the ballot and 74M people are ignoring incidents and everything else about him in the role just because he isn't a Liberal/Democrat.

Sad indictment of the state of a nation that this guy with everything he has done, is still the figurehead of the Republican Party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,202 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wasn't that the time when his supporters on here and around him immediately went in to overdrive saying that he was joking and he gave an interview confirming he was serious.

We laugh now, it wasn't funny then and won't be funny in 3 years if he is seeking to get on the ballot and 74M people are ignoring incidents and everything else about him in the role just because he isn't a Liberal/Democrat.

Sad indictment of the state of a nation that this guy with everything he has done, is still the figurehead of the Republican Party.

yeah donnie contradicted them but they still wouldn't admit they were wrong.

Advertisement