Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Options
  • 05-08-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Arc System Works just announced a new version of Blazblue, and not another sequel to Continuum Shift. The first location test starts tomorrow (06/08) so it'll be a good while before this see's an arcade release, let alone a console release (which I personally feel is a good thing, rushing this out right after Persona would have been a terrible idea).

Sprites have completely redone.
    3 new characters announced; Amane, Bullet and Azrael.
    New HUD. No primers to be seen.
    Every characters meter is split in 4 like Jin's, so every character could potentially have EX moves now.
    Murakumo units (Lambda and Mu/Feetless abominations) notably missing so far.

Reckon they could have waited awhile before announcing this, but I guess they just wanted to let BB fans know that they weren't just ignoring the franchise since there's been no word about it since Blazblue Revolution.

Looking forward to playing Azrael personally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Not sure if I'm liking Noel's new sprite, I miss the blue beret :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rachels in the game and so far everyone has feet.

I'll be watching this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm liking Noel's new sprite, I miss the blue beret :(

It's funny, but this is like the only thing I took away from the trailer

"Huh, Noel's hat is gone"

Also Hazama has a new super, and Tsubaki's default colour is black now.

Seriously though, if you were gonna cut a character, why wouldn't you cut Platinum?:mad:

It's funny, but this is like the only thing I took away from the trailer

"Huh, Noel's hat is gone"

Also Hazama has a new super, and Tsubaki's default colour is black now.

Seriously though, if you were gonna cut a character, why wouldn't you cut Platinum?:mad:

Because she has feet. Priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Welp, I wasn't super enthused about Extend, I didn't even buy it in the end.

BUT TAGER'S GOT A BELLY FLOP **** YEAH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New Noel look is good.
    Long hair. More sideboob.

No playable Jubei or Kokonoe? Sadface.

Bullet has bullet tits.

Amane is a man.
    Calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I gave up on BB after CT, each new iteration seemed to have so little added compared to other games, and the over priced DLC characters were a big turn off (did anyone even buy Continuum Shift Extend ?).

Anyways, I think I might get this one, wasn't expecting this with Persona being the new hype but I guess BB isn't dead yet.
    Seriously though, if you were gonna cut a character, why wouldn't you cut Platinum?

Who got cut ?, but yea, If I was gonna drop a character it would be her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

My body is more than ready for this. No new valk things? Well early days yet maybe they'll fiddle with some wolf mech here and there
    I'm liking the looks of azrael so i'm gonna see how he works. Bullet to me looks like she has a form of noels drive (watch those red shadows following her) and amane is being learnt because troll purposes.
    All in all glad to see a new system is in place already and looking forward to hearing more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I doubt they'll give Valk more tools, it's not like he needs it or anything. He has some of the best pressure and mix ups in the game, and crazy damage to top it off.

Wondering what they'll do with Hakumen. Hope they keep him pretty intact since without primers now he can embrace a defensive style with no major downside. I'll take a damage nerf if he gets it because I can see some reasoning behind it.

Hoping for a not **** Tsubaki and Jin.

Naphiel wrote: »
    I doubt they'll give Valk more tools, it's not like he needs it or anything. He has some of the best pressure and mix ups in the game, and crazy damage to top it off.

But they gave ragna something :(

• Advertisement

Slayer's blocking animation would be the best thing they could ever give Valk. Can't really see anything they could give him really, he has so many rushdown options as it is and he's not a defensive character so it wouldn't make sense to give him a reversal.

I imagine Ragna will lose combo potential or meter gain or damage, maybe a bit of all 3 to compensate.

I pity the person who has to try and balance Arakune.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If Tsubaki isn't ass, I'll play this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If Tsubaki isn't ass, I'll play this
    But Onion-sama, Tsubaki is EVULZ (!!) in this one!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/aug/05/new-moves-all-characters-and-system-changes-blazblue-chrono-phantasma-discovered/

Alot of new stuff. seems that valk has a move changed (highlighted in gray)

all new stuff is pink.

It appears that offensive bursts (gold bursts) have been replaced with an Overdrive system that gives every character who activates it a unique powerup like Ragna's Blood Kain. There's a new system that allows you to break through the opponent's guard like with guard meters in CvS2/SFA2/KOF13

No more gold bursts, replaced by new system called overdrive.
    Defensive bursts still in though.
    Crush trigger: during certain moves, press A+B to crush your opponents guard. Won’t work on barrier guard though, and costs 25% heat

It increases your native strength. It fills up over time, then when its full you can activate it.
    At low health it lasts longer, and will freeze time when used.
    Each chara has their own overdrive.

From what im reading everyones overdrive effects are different as ragnas is blood kain but jins is called Overdrive: Frost End and noels is called Overdrive: Chain Quasar

Hakumen has a new air special. It only costs a single magatama so I doubt it'll be anything insane. Air Kishuu or a j.B divekick, let's go.

Looks like Hazama can dash out of his stance. Or with what the input is that's what I'd imagine it is.

Jin seems to have a stance move or at least a move with 3 different follow ups.

There's a bit of a bang of X factor off that over drive idea...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But Onion-sama, Tsubaki is EVULZ (!!) in this one!

If it means I get to do DP loops again, she can be Hitler for all I care!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Although, unlike X-factor it uses up ... your ... bursts ...
    Oh holy crap double x-factor.

Also, tager appears to have 2 new moves, a HCB A and a ...maybe 360 C? I'm unsure. His overdrive seems neat in any case, forced magnetism. And a dp input for spark bolt? AA Spark?
    Belly flop still has all of my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

X factor you say?

Trying to make BB hype is what that is:/

Hazama, Remain a bastard and we'll have our reunion

• Advertisement

I think it's a C follow up to 360 A or B. Potentially more damage sacrificing Gadget Finger oki?

By looking at the list, overlimit is by no means going to be as much of a comeback mechanic as X-factor. I'll have to hear about how long they last before saying that but at the moment it looks like situational combo extenders (just like blood kain or mugen) or slightly improving your neutral game. It seems like it's a way to capitalise on being ahead rather than making a comeback.

Also half of them were already in the game, just have new activation conditions.

By looking at the list, overlimit is by no means going to be as much of a comeback mechanic as X-factor. I'll have to hear about how long they last before saying that but at the moment it looks like situational combo extenders (just like blood kain or mugen) or slightly improving your neutral game. It seems like it's a way to capitalise on being ahead rather than making a comeback.

Well, they're specifically pointing out it lasts longer the more beat up you are, that's a comeback mechanic if ever I heard one (although yeah I can see it's other uses too).

Overdrive sounds pretty cool as its a rather situational thing. rather than buff the opponent immensely like mahvels comeback mechanic everyone gets an improved buff for a time being. Like how my wolf meter for a short time will recharge really quickly if its anything like extends ultimate add-on for the abyss mode then after a few seconds of being out of wolf form it might pop to full in a tick. Hazma gets more damage off his drive and gains his lifesteal ring so i'm enjoying the idea. I'd like to see how long they last for though

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is that a new move for Noel. 236C with a C followup, don't remember anything like that.

I hope she gets her haida loop back and comboable 214A grab back too, and I'd like less pushback on Spring Raid.

Well 236C is optic barrel, potentially a follow up to all versions of the move. As if it wasn't good enough already. :pac:
    I can't see her getting either of those things back, she really doesn't need either. Both of them gave her crazy midscreen damage for no meter off almost any hit. CS2 Noel was a mistake on ArcSys's part, she really doesn't play like any other version of Noel. She was strong in Extend as well, can't see her getting any major buffs.

Why do you want less pushback on Spring Raid? You can almost always combo after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is that a new move for Noel. 236C with a C followup, don't remember anything like that.

I hope she gets her haida loop back and comboable 214A grab back too, and I'd like less pushback on Spring Raid.

Noob, that's been in the game since vanilla

Well 236C is optic barrel, potentially a follow up to all versions of the move. As if it wasn't good enough already. :pac:
    I can't see her getting either of those things back, she really doesn't need either. Both of them gave her crazy midscreen damage for no meter off almost any hit. CS2 Noel was a mistake on ArcSys's part, she really doesn't play like any other version of Noel. She was strong in Extend as well, can't see her getting any major buffs.

Why do you want less pushback on Spring Raid? You can almost always combo after it.

I must be remembering a wrong verison of Noel but one of them had way too much pushback on Spring Raid midscreen and it was really difficult to combo off.

I must be remembering a wrong verison of Noel but one of them had way too much pushback on Spring Raid midscreen and it was really difficult to combo off.

That was CS2. In this you get J.b, jump, J.b, J.c, j.236c.
    If you used it early enough in a fatal counter combo you got huge damage by following it up with 6C, J.D and then a 2b pick up.

Day 1 Valkenhayn impressions:
    *Rasenwolf command changed to direction + D
    With this,the wolf break system has been eliminated apparently.
    *2C>6B does not connect on a grounded opponent.
    *Nacht rosen>[JB>JA]>2C does not work or its really tight.
    Seems like they end up being too low for the 2C to hit.
    *JC>air DD is difficult to connect.
    Hima isn't sure why.
    *w.5B does not launch.
    w.5B does not cause float on air hit.
    *w.5C is a sweep.
    *w.JC is a diagonal kick.

• Advertisement

Hakumen's nerfs are worse.
    Oh well, it's only the first loketest, there's still plenty of time before things are set in stone.

Ragna got nerfed really badly too.

Advertisement