Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

i was discussing there that i think everyones getting nerfed down for the first loketest and seeing what can be built on for the next loke tests. New game new start and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Yet Tager get's an air 360 and a diagonal spark bolt. Both confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Naphiel wrote: »
    I...this is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

oh-god-why.jpg

NOPE-1.gif

I hate everything and everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

Titles needs to change to Chrono Phantasmagoria.

It sounds way cooler.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

An air 360?

If I could be bothered with this game overall, sounds like fun :D

OH
    MAW

GAAAAIWD

YA'LL STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BULLET

Serpentine Assault
    720A
    Frangible: Engage
    720A > 720D
    Restricted in "Heat Up"
    Blackout
    720A > 720D > 1080D
    Uses another 50 heat

SHE'S MAI WAIFU

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Voa wrote: »
    OH
    MAW

GAAAAIWD

YA'LL STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BULLET

Serpentine Assault
    720A
    Frangible: Engage
    720A > 720D
    Restricted in "Heat Up"
    Blackout
    720A > 720D > 1080D
    Uses another 50 heat

SHE'S MAI WAIFU
    Click for boobies. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I gave this a wee spin yesterday because I totally could. :pac:

It took an hour of queuing for 5 minutes of having no idea what I was doing with Bullet, but it was fun enough. The game feels basically no different from the basic CS formula. The people ahead of me were comfortably doing long BnBs with a half dozen characters from the second they sat down.

They did make one massive change though that was pretty surprising: The announcer actually sounds like she can speak English. No more Caruru Crover!
    She does slip up with "Look at time!" when the clock runs to 10 seconds, but close enough I guess.

I made a bunch of notes about the differences I noticed, but Dustloop have a pretty good list of changes and whatnot going up here that covers much of what I saw: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14675-BBCP-System-Changes-Movelist-Translations-and-Loketest-Information-Anything-Else-INFRACTION

Out of the three new guys I liked the look of Amane the best. It's interesting the way all his normals are extreme close range, but his specials all have massive range, but whiff up close. It looked like he has a bit of a floaty jump.
    His D involves charging a cloth gauge which powers up his ground drill attacks. All D attacks build up this gauge which slowly drains continuously.

I didn't like using Bullet at all. Her D creates a ring around her, if the opponent steps into this a target reticle appears on the opponent. Releasing D lets you launch a really fast dash attack. If it hits she Heats Up, which allows her to do follow up commands onto her specials and enhances all her D stuff. She moves like Makoto but is all command grabs and dash attacks that trigger a throw animation if they hit.

Azrael seems a bit weird. I didn't see much of him. When he hits the opponent with certain moves he creates high/low weak point indicators. He can modify his specials by adding direction inputs if the opponent has weak points.
    I also saw him do something where he did a massive focus attack of some sort. He absorbed a dozen hits from a fireball and an attacking character with no damage or hit stun by doing a taunt looking move where he glowed red. I've seen a few notes about him having a fireball counter, so maybe this is it?
    He also has a sick teleport dash that can go through opponents.

Overdrive as an X-Factor analogue doesn't really bother me too much. The fact that it lasts longer at low health (around 5 seconds at full health, 15 at low) is a bit worrying, but the fact that it costs you your bursts, which are so precious in BB I think it's kind of a good trade off.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Azrael seems a bit weird. I didn't see much of him. When he hits the opponent with certain moves he creates high/low weak point indicators. He can modify his specials by adding direction inputs if the opponent has weak points.
    I also saw him do something where he did a massive focus attack of some sort. He absorbed a dozen hits from a fireball and an attacking character with no damage or hit stun by doing a taunt looking move where he glowed red. I've seen a few notes about him having a fireball counter, so maybe this is it?

Yeah thats his fireball counter. on startup it hits away opponents near him and this nullifys most projectiles in the game. if he does he can fire a projectile back with his own command. Its been coined the raoh stance for the way he looks during it

bbcp-mu12nu13reveal.jpg

Well, well, well...

According to someone on Facebook
    Noel willingly becomes Mu thanks to rachels powers to try and save Tsubkai.
    Thats just stupid
    Nu apparently is hinted at having mode changes and Her drive is known as "Unlimited Drive"(Really?) rumour is it swords like her unlimited mode. new move which is good for anti-air apparently.
    Mu also has a new astral that isn't ass...literally

Don't know where he got the info. I'm not interested enough to actually go check :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Noel is Mu at the end of Continuum Shift anyway.

What's stupid is putting regular Noel back in the game.

...ankles.

Sairus wrote: »
    According to someone on Facebook

Don't know where he got the info. I'm not interested enough to actually go check :pac:

I got it from Dustloop.:pac:

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I got it from Dustloop.:pac:
    Wasn't sure if that person what someone I actually knew of or not. Good times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Intro movie just hit Youtube.

That trailer was really interesting until it hit 24 seconds and became every other anime trailer ever. lol

That trailer was really interesting until it hit 24 seconds and became every other anime trailer ever. lol
    In fairness, they didn't start talking all Japanese & proudly showing off the VAs for all their silly characters!

• Advertisement

Just for Doom:

46hbv.jpg

gNsOb.jpg

Also, Mu's Astral Heat:

IDtJB.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just for Doom:

46hbv.jpg

gNsOb.jpg

Also, Mu's Astral Heat:

IDtJB.jpg

So what the whole debate is that they don't have feet or that they Hover and it has't been explained?

No ankles.
    Not a debate, just a fact.

Yeah, the human foot does not bend that way for an extended period of time, and even if it did where's the heels gone?

Most plausable answer: These people have no ankles, and are horrible abominations.

Yeah, the human foot does not bend that way for an extended period of time, and even if it did where's the heels gone?

Most plausable answer: These people have no ankles, and are horrible abominations.
    LwTRF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

So I heard Nu was coming back to BlazBlue...

Mind if I pull up a chair and join you chaps?

Xinkai wrote: »
    So I heard Nu was coming back to BlazBlue...

Mind if I pull up a chair and join you chaps?

BlazBlue is dead

Shot right in the ankles to be appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

It had ankles to begin with? Shocking.

Xinkai wrote: »
    It had ankles to begin with? Shocking.

Games still dead

All thats left: Naphiels' Hakumen bodying everyone

• Advertisement

Now where you pulling that bull**** from, son?

Advertisement