Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    disbelief.gif

yea, there called my fans :pac:
    deathrider wrote: »
    The works needs more Kano players!

you should use him for when dont want to use kitana.
    knives and upballs till ya get full meter then xray (thats whats 2 years of info from the kano forum boils down too)...oh and b112 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

you should use him for when dont want to use kitana.
    knives and upballs till ya get full meter then xray (thats whats 2 years of info from the kano forum boils down too)...oh and b112 aswell

I've always threatened to, but I think it's a bit late to start learning a character from the ground up at this stage.

I've always threatened to, but I think it's a bit late to start learning a character from the ground up at this stage.

i already gave you all you need to play him,thats all he is, im not joking.
    if you read my post you learned all you need to know thats any use with him.

1 string,knives,upball,xray...his backdash just as good as baraka's though.

b112,212~jk~airthrow and 212,212,jk~airthrow his midscreen bnbs.....but they just distract from knives and upballs so i wouldnt bother with those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

disbelief.gif

Ok, theres some joke here about Baraka that I'm not getting. :confused:

Ok, theres some joke here about Baraka that I'm not getting. :confused:

he was widely considered to be one of the worst in the game and i was the only one here to play him,so alot of people find it strange to see anyone use him at all.
    lol damn mk2 char loyalty

• Advertisement

I see, ye seem to be a fairly knowledgeable bunch here :pac:

Tell me then, who are the most underused or under-rated characters? The ones no one picks? (or likes!)

Just to make online fights more interesting, rockin up with a z-list character could really mess with an opponents head! :D

I see, ye seem to be a fairly knowledgeable bunch here :pac:

Tell me then, who are the most underused or under-rated characters? The ones no one picks? (or likes!)

Just to make online fights more interesting, rockin up with a z-list character could really mess with an opponents head! :D

dunno depends who you ask really, tier lists just opinions really.
    i never thought baraka was as bad as others said.

but imo id say the ****ty chars in mk9 prob be stryker,jade,kano...id prob call sheeva,sindel,nightwolf borderline **** too.

also ill drop ya that add later my ps3 messed up other day and stoped working but its back on its feet now :)

dunno depends who you ask really, tier lists just opinions really.
    i never thought baraka was as bad as others said.

but imo id say the ****ty chars in mk9 prob be stryker,jade,kano...id prob call sheeva,sindel,nightwolf borderline **** too.

also ill drop ya that add later my ps3 messed up other day and stoped working but its back on its feet now :)

Cool, no rush with the add, I'm still terrible at this game!

I always thought Stryker and Nightwolf had some good potential, potential I never explored. Nightwolf has that shoulder charge, similar to Cages shadow kick that I like. And hes got that projectile reflector thing going on.

The only female I liked in the series was Sonya, maybe because she was there since day one, the rest are a bit meh.

Cool, no rush with the add, I'm still terrible at this game!

I always thought Stryker and Nightwolf had some good potential, potential I never explored. Nightwolf has that shoulder charge, similar to Cages shadow kick that I like. And hes got that projectile reflector thing going on.

The only female I liked in the series was Sonya, maybe because she was there since day one, the rest are a bit meh.

Nightwolf's so bad that I forgot he even exsisted until Letters mentioned him. Even back in MK3 I disliked him.

Nightwolf's so bad that I forgot he even exsisted until Letters mentioned him. Even back in MK3 I disliked him.

I always liked the character himself, but never actually played as him.
    I'm gonna spend some time with him, he must have something good going on.

Although I do like this comment on youtube....

Ancestors Give Me Strength!!!!
    * BZZZZZZZ *
    Raiden Wins! Flawless victory!

:pac:

• Advertisement

I always liked the character himself, but never actually played as him.
    I'm gonna spend some time with him, he must have something good going on.

Although I do like this comment on youtube....

Ancestors Give Me Strength!!!!
    * BZZZZZZZ *
    Raiden Wins! Flawless victory!

:pac:
    He could be fun to play as and even have a few hidden tricks up his sleeves, but I always just found the character mad boring. It's like th pposite to Kano, in my oppinion. Kano's got nothing going down gameplay-wise really, but character-wise he's an absolute bad ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

=

Tell me then, who are the most underused or under-rated characters?

Cyrax and Kabal under rated
    The ones no one picks? (or likes!)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm1UTkoO9F02EMohWo9zwPQo-ptoDUVHb0mii79Hh_BObK6m8

Are you suggesting Raiden is not a popular choice any more!? :eek: He has all the fun of Supermanning across the screen shouting HALABABALBLABLALALAHEYYYYYYY! How can anybody not like that! :D

Any character from the original two games will always be loved by me.

With the exception of Kitana and Mileena...... never liked them.

Cyrax and Kabal under rated

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm1UTkoO9F02EMohWo9zwPQo-ptoDUVHb0mii79Hh_BObK6m8

radien and quan chi are perfect answer to who nobody picks or likes.
    haha gold.

yea cyrax is hard work man, back back AND x to get his net out for all them resets, hard work to make what looks like random bombs and nets be legit.

Are you suggesting Raiden is not a popular choice any more!? :eek: He has all the fun of Supermanning across the screen shouting HALABABALBLABLALALAHEYYYYYYY! How can anybody not like that! :D

Any character from the original two games will always be loved by me.

well....alot of people played radien at start at game lifes but then he was nerfed like 2-3 times,had good few tools taken away/made not as good.
    i didnt even know this till lar told me but they nerfed his walk speed at one point aswell.
    so he become harder to use so people just lost interest in him and more people when to the higher tiers like kenshi,kabal,cyrax etc

Get out!

:P

man,not going to lie the MK fanboy in me blew on load on the screen when this was posted on TYM...

also ive watched this about a dozen times since evo so thought id post this here.
    highest level kabal vs cyrax set since release, soooooo good.

Yeah, I really loved that little Ed Boon vid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Evo grand finales was sick

also..Sexy khan tumblr_mhk9o0Tyv21rferydo1_500.gif

As much as I enjoyed MK at Evo this year, the fact that everyone is now either a Cyrax player put a Kabal player these days makes it pretty boring to watch.

Also, 16-Bit's Kitana is absolutely stunning!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thought the MK lads might get a little chuckle out of this- was running the ol' youtube monthly report and...

qR76HT6.jpg

• Advertisement

Ok, MK is just ripping the piss now, was just checking the views from various websites aaaaannnd...

kqrc6Ch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Hows the netcode on the PC version ?

Thought the MK lads might get a little chuckle out of this- was running the ol' youtube monthly report and...

qR76HT6.jpg
    Ok, MK is just ripping the piss now, was just checking the views from various websites aaaaannnd...

kqrc6Ch.jpg

ok....one was funny but twice,thats a bit weird :eek:
    the elder gods be pissed man, no irish mk for them to watch no more :(

That's Quan Chi's doing. The evil fecker :p

MK: Legacy season 2 will be out on september 26th. Also, they're putting the whole season up at once, instead of week by week.

Gonna have me an MK: Legacy week (or two) starting next week. I reckon I'll rewatch the first season, and then start on the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

It seems to be MK weekend on Machinima, loads of live action minis about it.

One very strange one where Kitana interrupts a Machinima office meeting looking for a fan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Mortal Kombat: Legacy II was absolutely godlike. I marathon'd it as soon as it came out. My only complaint was that there were only ten episodes, I want more.

Advertisement