Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I would assume that some of you guys already know of this glitch. I tried it the other day for a laugh. It was fun for a second and then it froze my game when I clicked in him. :(

47149_20110306014133-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    47149_20110306014133-1.jpg

lol oh mokap,i miss u

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Mokap was one badass mofo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So what about that F champ, eh? "Top MK players are only top because we don't play MK. Oh and we'll see you all in Injustice." lol

So what about that F champ, eh? "Top MK players are only top because we don't play MK. Oh and we'll see you all in Injustice." lol

it was funny alright.
    especially some of the people he mentioned, like justin wong. he lost to goldfishkeeper (a person who goes 0-2 at 99% of tournies) and quit then game because of quan chis rune trap lol.
    alex valle didnt do much besides get a win over detroit ballin once.
    i dont think the MK peoples need to be worried,its a new game.everyones on even ground.
    it will be hype though.

chris g prob done the best in mk from all the capcom people who played it,being fair though alot dropped it because wasnt for them,id say if fchamp played mk that he so salty that kabal/cyrax would do his nut in.i bet he'd use kenshi aswell

• Advertisement

Didn't Justin Wong win the PDP tournament then effectively stop playing the game immediately?

Didn't Justin Wong win the PDP tournament then effectively stop playing the game immediately?

nah he was at loads of events,every canada tourny im pretty sure aswell.
    pdp was like a week 1 tourny were everyone was made use that ****ty pdp stick and PL had no block button in final...oh and vanillia lao

so besides one session in my house with DR and a quick set with lar day injustice demo came out havnt touched mk9(been playing mk2/gold more)
    while im having mega mega fun with injustice there very much chalk and cheese, which is a good thing cause who wants to be just playing clones.

injustice has made me look at mk9 a bit different,
    i would often join in at the joking on cyrax/jax/smoke damage output,
    how OP kabal is and things like that and of course the bugs that are in the game.
    while (for the moment) injustice is "bug free" the level of intented BS(not bugs) in the vanilla version of this game is pretty head and shoulders over vanilla mk9.
    its going to be interesting what changes will be made along the way,will it be few or many only time will tell.

mk9 was over patched early leaving WB not wanting to fund the release of the "final patch" that was made for various reasons,this isnt even a question to be discussed, its pretty common knowledge at this point but even if what we have now is 99% of what we were meant to end up with, im still going to be play this game many years from now just like i do with the brokeness of 1-8

MK too stronk :D

They should of updated MK again because Kano deserves to be top tier.

They should of updated MK again because Kano deserves to be top tier.

hes needs those eye lasers back

• Advertisement

hes needs those eye lasers back

Yes and this time it can be Superman style.

He's still one of my favourite characters in MK. I never play as him, so he's not one of my favourite fighters, but I've always loved his character. The man's just a prick.

Nutrient's alt account revealed.

these guys would even make the top ten against the usa fighters like perfect legend or tom brady or reo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rfDbHSLXIg&lc=pa3LJoFn6RJt4jPBnFW_yTJFqJI8i7IzAmcZr_NABl8&lcor=1&lch=email&feature=em-comment_received

mk rap battle round 2,
    baraka still owning :pac:

mk rap battle round 2,
    baraka still owning :pac:

I really can't stand that youtuber's stuff. He's been running off the same bad joke for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Are many of ye still playing this? I downloaded it from PSN last night, €10 so couldnt say no, would love to decapitate some boardsies! :P

I used to play it loads with the housemate when it first came out, that was well over a year ago though, I never owned the game myself.

Let me know if anybody wants a game, I'm a J.Cage man myself. :D

Are many of ye still playing this? I downloaded it from PSN last night, €10 so couldnt say no, would love to decapitate some boardsies! :P

I used to play it loads with the housemate when it first came out, that was well over a year ago though, I never owned the game myself.

its only e10 now? damn thats a steal.
    yea theres a few irish guys on the ps3 still, were are ya from? getting to dublin casuals/tourny always better than online :)
    especially mk9 online...grrr cage online s++ tier lol

its only e10 now? damn thats a steal.
    yea theres a few irish guys on the ps3 still, were are ya from? getting to dublin casuals/tourny always better than online :)
    especially mk9 online...grrr cage online s++ tier lol

From South Tipperary, I like the game, but traveling to play it might be a bit much! I wouldnt consider myself to be that good, I'm more of a casual kinda guy :)

Yeah €10 is nothing for a game like MK, Street Fighter 4 is something stupid like €7.50 as well. Might end up getting that eventually as well, as I'd spend the same money on a bag of chips.

Pardon my ignorance, I dont know what s+++ tier means. Cage has just always been a favorite of mine since back in the MK2 Megadrive days.

Anyways, if anybody feels like smashing my glasses, have a search for my PS name...... William_Hickey

I make this look easy! :pac:

From South Tipperary, I like the game, but traveling to play it might be a bit much! I wouldnt consider myself to be that good, I'm more of a casual kinda guy :)

Yeah €10 is nothing for a game like MK, Street Fighter 4 is something stupid like €7.50 as well. Might end up getting that eventually as well, as I'd spend the same money on a bag of chips.

Pardon my ignorance, I dont know what s+++ tier means. Cage has just always been a favorite of mine since back in the MK2 Megadrive days.

Anyways, if anybody feels like smashing my glasses, have a search for my PS name...... William_Hickey

I make this look easy! :pac:

oh yea your user name kinda says that,oops.

ah sorry it was just a joke, in fighting games chars are ranked by "tiers" its goes S,A,B,C,E etc that cage has really fast moves and great rushdown it becomes harder to deal with online where lag affects stuff.

ah mk2 megadrive!! my brother!! :D
    yea thats were i found mk aswell, baraka and mileena since that lol

ill drop ya a friend request when on later,
    been playing alot of injustice lately so be nice to play someone new in mk

oh yea your user name kinda says that,oops.

ah sorry it was just a joke, in fighting games chars are ranked by "tiers" its goes S,A,B,C,E etc that cage has really fast moves and great rushdown it becomes harder to deal with online where lag affects stuff.

ah mk2 megadrive!! my brother!! :D
    yea thats were i found mk aswell, baraka and mileena since that lol

ill drop ya a friend request when on later,
    been playing alot of injustice lately so be nice to play someone new in mk

Yeah, MK2, what a game! :D

I need some serious brushing up on my MK first as I havent played the thing in over a year, after that, bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

It just means he's top of the tier list for mk, best being s then a-b-c etc. It's also just a way of saying nutrient plays that character

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

in fighting games chars are ranked by "tiers" its goes S,A,B,C,E

I don't think you your nick should be "Letters" anymore... :pac:

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    It just means he's top of the tier list for mk, best being s then a-b-c etc. It's also just a way of saying nutrient plays that character

oie_3025710beCgELO21.gif
    Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I don't think you your nick should be "Letters" anymore... :pac:

lol yea,my keyboard is so trash
    i cant count right either given evidence from a recent injustice video.
    what that 1-0,1-1,2-1? :(

Jun_DP101 wrote: »

Ok, well I must be doing it wrong so, because I went online with him last night and had my arse handed to me! :(:P

Ok, well I must be doing it wrong so, because I went online with him last night and had my arse handed to me! :(:P

ah dont worry about, it mk online is a crazy thing, things that are unsafe become safe and proper frametraps dont work but all this ones that shouldnt do, u can get ok enough play with someone that leaves close to you but even at its best its not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

ah dont worry about, it mk online is a crazy thing, things that are unsafe become safe and proper frametraps dont work but all this ones that shouldnt do, u can get ok enough play with someone that leaves close to you but even at its best its not ideal

Same with any game really.

Everybody and their mother's a J. Cage man :P

I don't play online myself, but I echo what Letters has said, the tournaments and casuals are great craic. They are also a great way of learning how to use your character, and how to get around enemy characters.

Anyways, I hope you get a few fights in and have a blast, bro :D

deathrider wrote: »
    Everybody and their mother's a J. Cage man :P

Do you think so? I havent come across a lot of J.Cages online, getting a lot of Baraka, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke and Kano.

Each to their own, but I prefer the classic line up of Mortal Kombat II characters. Working on my Kung lao now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

getting a lot of Baraka. Baraka

disbelief.gif

• Advertisement

The works needs more Kano players!

Advertisement