Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

17-02-2010, 17:26   #1

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Hey all,

UPC are offering Boards.ie members an exclusive offer.

Quote:
...to celebrate the huge savings that you can make by switching to UPC, the first 250 Boards.ie members to order a new UPC service will get a voucher for €50 from D.I.D Electrical, The Carphone Warehouse, Woodies DIY or Atlantic Homecare, whichever store you prefer.
All you have to do is go to this page on their website to sign up.

That's right - it's the first 250 members who get there.

There are some terms and conditions, as follows:

Quote:
  • This €50 voucher offer is available to existing Chorus ntl / UPC TV customers that sign up to Broadband or/and Home Phone, and to completely new customers that sign up to Digital TV, Fibre Power Broadband or Home Phone.
  • Upgrades to existing Fibre Power Broadband or Home Phone packages do not qualify for this offer.
  • Offer limited to the first 250 orders, and is exclusive to registered users of Boards.ie.
  • Limited to one voucher per customer.
  • Only enquiries submitted via the dedicated form will be eligible for this offer.
  • Your chosen retailer will post your voucher to you within 30 days of our services being installed.
  • These terms and conditions are in addition to and do not replace our standard terms and conditions.
UPDATE 19/02/10: - UPC have been in touch about these posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaServer View Post
Great Bargain. I wonder do you lose out on the online sign-up saving of €20 when they call you back to arrange the services?
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Mike View Post
Hmmm. Wondering what to do now
As TeaServer says, how does it affect the €20 charge?
If I was to order broadband and multi room, my understanding is if I don't order online, I have to pay €60 connection (3 connections @€20)

Taken from UPC T&C
"A €20 Equipment Activation fee applies for every Digital box or Fibre Power Broadband service that is not ordered online."
And they'd like to tell you that "The good news is that as this is an online offer, we will match the activation rules that apply on http://www.upc.ie so boards.ie members who order through this offer are not disadvantaged in any way."

(This is a once off offer in here, and we have discussed it with the moderators.)

Last edited by Darragh; 04-05-2010 at 11:36. Reason: renaming Chorus/NTL to UPC
Advertisement
17-02-2010, 17:47   #2
okidoki987

Nice offer seeing as the Phone could be got for €6.
Thanks from:
17-02-2010, 18:10   #3
peckerhead

Nice one, thanks Darragh! Have signed up.
Quote:
This €50 voucher offer is available to existing Chorus ntl TV customers that sign up to Broadband or/and Home Phone, and to completely new customers that sign up to Digital TV, Fibre Power Broadband or Home Phone. Upgrades to existing Fibre Power Broadband or Home Phone packages do not qualify for this offer. Offer limited to the first 250 orders, and is exclusive to registered users of Boards.ie. Limited to one voucher per customer. Only enquiries submitted via the dedicated form will be eligible for this offer. Your chosen retailer will post your voucher to you within 30 days of our services being installed. These terms and conditions are in addition to and do not replace our standard terms and conditions.
Largely on account on the back of comments here on Boards.ie, I decided about a month ago to move from BT Ireland to UPC instead of going with the Vodafone switchover. They (UPC) have given me an acount no., but the engineer hasn't called yet to install the cable and I therefore am not yet a UPC customer as such — the account hasn't been activated. I don't see anything in the above T&Cs that would preclude me from this offer, am I wrong...?
17-02-2010, 18:13   #4
faigs

Two days too late, damn it!
17-02-2010, 18:15   #5

boards.ie is truly mainstream....next vouchers for a luxurious weekend at the Carlton House Hotel?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2010, 18:19   #6

I signed up
Thanks from:
17-02-2010, 18:19   #7

hopefully these wont be gone when I'm getting phone & broadband for my new place next month
17-02-2010, 18:27   #8
John mac

If i sign up will they put in Fibre to my house ?
17-02-2010, 18:58   #9
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the groutch View Post
hopefully these wont be gone when I'm getting phone & broadband for my new place next month
You could still fill out the details now to get a voucher, but organise the install date for next month>?
Advertisement
17-02-2010, 19:00   #10

Just wondering, When will a sales agent get onto me? I'm gonna order the phone for my house
17-02-2010, 19:24   #11
TeaServer

Great Bargain. I wonder do you lose out on the online sign-up saving of €20 when they call you back to arrange the services?

Still it's €30 better off than I would otherwise be!

/T
Thanks from:
17-02-2010, 19:59   #12
Mad_Mike

If I was to order broadband and multi room, my understanding is if I don't order online, I have to pay €60 connection (3 connections @€20)

Taken from UPC T&C
"A €20 Equipment Activation fee applies for every Digital box or Fibre Power Broadband service that is not ordered online."

Also, I know they had a "netbook for €1" offer with Carphone Warehouse which expired at end of January, but I'm told CPW are now doing an MSI Wind (€299) @ €50 if you sign up with them in store....

So many offers, but dunno what charges are applied or taken away!
17-02-2010, 20:44   #13

If they'd provide broadband to me and stop sending me brochures for digital TV I'd swtch in an instant.
17-02-2010, 21:57   #14
djdunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Mike View Post

Taken from UPC T&C

Also, I know they had a "netbook for €1" offer with Carphone Warehouse which expired at end of January, but I'm told CPW are now doing an MSI Wind (€299) @ €50 if you sign up with them in store....

So many offers, but dunno what charges are applied or taken away!
Mad_Mike its not just the MSI laptop for €50. Its a €250 voucher to spend on pretty much anything in the carphone warehouse.
17-02-2010, 22:09   #15
Kevin!

I think that instead of spending money on vouchers, they should strenthen there network, and expand it.

They would make alot more money doing this.

I can't get more than 3MB broadband in my house in dublin
Thread Closed