Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I've received many promises regarding when my voucher would be sent. These assertions have all obviously proved to be false. I've conversed with Jason and others in UPC and there definately appears to be a breakdown and lack of professional internal communication methods. A recent example included me sending emails (as was acceptable in the past) to downgrade my service to the Max pack for the 16/05/10 when my free Movies/Sports pack subscription becomes payable. I received emails and a phone call to clarify this had been accepted and then was informed by Jason I must ring UPC on the nightmarish (prepare to be on hold a long time) 1908 to confirm a downgrade! Thankfully he is looking into it and I don't blame him personally for this particular fiasco. Jason said he posted my voucher yesterday by Swift Post and no after almost two months I still haven't received it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 StALkOFbROCOLLi

I downgraded no problem and got my vouchers. I went for a direct debit with upc ,because I thought that was in the T&C's of the offer.

Is there anyone who got vouchers and didn't go for a direct debit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Guys

We have acknowledged that we have had some issues with a merchant not posting out vouchers as fast as we would have liked, so we have offered an alternative of One 4 All vouchers for the same value the week before last.

Let me be clear that we have had assurances from this merchant that these vouchers had indeed been sent. (after several orders, requests and follow ups by my team) - when ordering vouchers in this case we too are customers, and expect the same service as you do, hence UPC taking action and offering an alternative solution for those affected.

For clarity, out of the many, many happy people that have ordered through this offer, and received their voucher, there have been only 8 people in total that have followed up and informed us that they never received their voucher, and all those 8 were posted their vouchers personally by me on Thursday this week, so please be patient. I do sympathise for your wait, which was unnecessary and for UPC unavoidable unfortunately. Once I offered the One 4 All vouchers I needed to order the alternative vouchers, have them delivered, confirmed the original vouchers were indeed not delivered etc before posting out them this week.

Can I ask that people that have contacted us and that I have committed to providing them with the alternative vouchers please await delivery on Monday, as they should have them at that stage at the latest, due to them being posted Thursday evening.

Can I also ask that anybody else that has not received one, to please contact us on the details that Davy posted previously, so we can check it out and sort it out for you with immediate effect. Email retailsales@upc.ie and please refrain from posting here, as I cannot respond to each mail on thread, due to not being able to recognise you. I do not want to discuss personal details for obvious reasons.

All I can do is apologise to those few that were affected by a 3rd party retailer. I have been assured by this merchant that this issue will not happen again.

Thanks for your understanding and your patience.

Regards

Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Jason,

Thank you for your reply, but you seem to contradict UPC sales staff that sent me this on the 22/04/10
    UPC wrote:
    Hi Denise,

Apologies for the delay.

Please be advised your One4All voucher has been dispatched, you will receive it by post within the next 7 to 10 days.

Regards,
    The Retail Support Team
    While I have the greatest confidence I will receive the voucher on Monday this still does not remedy the fact that your sales team has obviously lied to me about sending it on the date stated and thus completely ruined my plans of buying a concert ticket for my sisters birthday which is now sold out.

You may be customers as far as the vouchers go, but you have to remember we are customers of UPC and I have obviously been lied too. I do not like being lied too and am loosing respect and trust for UPC more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Apart from the vouchures, what is the quality and service good of UPC product? Are we making savings?

• Advertisement

Hi there Coolaboy

There are excellent savings to be had by switching to UPC.

For example, you do not need a phone line to subscribe to our fibre power broadband service.

You can subscribe to our fibre power broadband service on its own if you decide not to take our tv product.

You can have 5mb (€22 p/m) 15mb (€32 p/m) or 30mb (€42 p/m) Fibre power broadband when you subscribe to our TV service.

From a TV perspective, we bundle in Setanta Sports Ireland on all packs and ESPN Sports on select extra/Max, and Disney on Max pack. (all cost extra with Sky)

You can have a home phone from UPC for just €6 per month versus €25.47 with all other providers on the Eircom network.

UPC are Europe's largest cable operator, and UPC Ireland have won the Internet Service Provider of the year award in 2008 and 2009.
    • We offer FREE customer service - no call out charges
    • We answer over 90% of all Sales and Customer Service calls within 60 seconds.
    • We have hundreds of technicians across the country maintaining the network and carrying out house calls
    • Our call centre is located in Ireland
    For more information on UPC Service click here: http://www.upc.ie/about_us/

If you would like us to check what services are available at your home, you can call us on 051595143 or email retailsales@upc.ie and we would be happy to do so and to talk you through our offers.

I hope this answers your questions for you.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Apart from the vouchures, what is the quality and service good of UPC product? Are we making savings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'm interested in getting the full UPC package but Digital Television is only available in my estate, an estate 200meters up the road has the full UPC service, heres what I'm interested in if you have 200 meters of spare cable ;)

Television Digital Max €33.75
    Sky Sports and Movies pack €40.00
    ESPN €10.00
    Broadband Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb €42.00
    Telephone Home Phone €6.00
    Anytime World €12.00
    Total monthly cost : 143.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

great sales pitch by UPC but for a company that provides a phone service you would think they would know how to answer their own phones. Customer service is still shiite.

Hi

Give us a call on 051595143 and we willl check your house again, we are constantly adding streets as part of our upgrade plan.

By the way, if you were to order the below, you would not need to pay us for ESPN as we include that free of charge on that pack, also we would actually sign you up to one of our new bundles that have discounts built in.
    For example our Fibre Ultimate HD Pack costs €95 per month. That includes:

Digital+ HD Max
    ESPN Sports
    SKY Sports
    Setanta Sports Ireland
    Disney
    Fibre Power Broadband 15mb
    Free Wireless Router
    Home Phone Anytime World (Unlimited Free local/National calls & 400 International minutes a month)

We would also give you the SKY Sports element of the bundle free of charge for 2 months and the HD element free for 6 months) - Making your €95 bundle even cheaper for the discounted periods.

Hope it works out for you.

Regards

Jason
    DonJose wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting the full UPC package but Digital Television is only available in my estate, an estate 200meters up the road has the full UPC service, heres what I'm interested in if you have 200 meters of spare cable ;)

Television Digital Max €33.75
    Sky Sports and Movies pack €40.00
    ESPN €10.00
    Broadband Fibre Power Broadband 30Mb €42.00
    Telephone Home Phone €6.00
    Anytime World €12.00
    Total monthly cost : 143.75

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Cheers, thats a bargain, I'd sign up now if it were offered in my estate. I've been phoned back twice by UPC but they don't know when my estate will be connected. Do you have an email address for UPC in Mullingar, Westmeath. Thanks.

• Advertisement

DonJose

Email us on retailsales@upc.ie (Attention Jason) with your actual address and I will check with our upgrade team to see if I can get you a date for your estate to be upgraded (and if it is planned)

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi

Give us a call on 051595143 and we willl check your house again, we are constantly adding streets as part of our upgrade plan.

By the way, if you were to order the below, you would not need to pay us for ESPN as we include that free of charge on that pack, also we would actually sign you up to one of our new bundles that have discounts built in.
    For example our Fibre Ultimate HD Pack costs €95 per month. That includes:

Digital+ HD Max
    ESPN Sports
    SKY Sports
    Setanta Sports Ireland
    Disney
    Fibre Power Broadband 15mb
    Free Wireless Router
    Home Phone Anytime World (Unlimited Free local/National calls & 400 International minutes a month)

We would also give you the SKY Sports element of the bundle free of charge for 2 months and the HD element free for 6 months) - Making your €95 bundle even cheaper for the discounted periods.

Hope it works out for you.

Regards

Jason

Looks like a good deal. Am I able to add multiroom to the above offer? When I was talking to a UPC rep a few week ago they said that the bundles cant be changed, would that include multiroom?

Btw, does the free Sky sports for 2 months apply if I already have tv through analogue with UPC?
    Thanks Jason

Hi MGROCKS

It is correct, we cannot break a bundle, it is a standalone product on its own merits with real discounts built in. In your instance, we would offer you the next bundle up which has Multi room viewing and our fastest broadband 30mb, along with everything else included:

The Fibre Ultimate Supersize @ €110 per month:

Digital+ HD Max
    2nd Box - Multi Room Viewing :)
    ESPN Sports
    SKY Sports
    Setanta Sports Ireland
    Disney
    Fibre Power Broadband 30mb :D
    Free Wireless Router

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal. Am I able to add multiroom to the above offer? When I was talking to a UPC rep a few week ago they said that the bundles cant be changed, would that include multiroom?

Btw, does the free Sky sports for 2 months apply if I already have tv through analogue with UPC?
    Thanks Jason

No, sorry, that offer is for new customers

DonJose

Email us on retailsales@upc.ie (Attention Jason) with your actual address and I will check with our upgrade team to see if I can get you a date for your estate to be upgraded (and if it is planned)

Regards

Jason

Cheers, email sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

DonJose

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason, could I do that too? Interested in broadband, but have conflicting information as to whether it is available in my area or not.

Go for it. Give us a call on 051595143 or email us your actual address to retailsales@upc.ie and we will check it for you straight away.

Regards

Jason
    blastman wrote: »
    Hi Jason, could I do that too? Interested in broadband, but have conflicting information as to whether it is available in my area or not.

Today 16:47

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 franko2010

hi will upc broadband and phone be in dundalk co louth anytime soon have the tv am with eircom with phone and that be just better to have it all in one bill

UPC must the only company in Ireland where people are screaming out, "I wanna sign-up, connect me please!!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got my DID voucher a week later, now have a 23inch tv for the bedroom.

Good work

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Cheers OP!

Just out of interest, I filled out the form and got an email from Rigney Dolphin with a ticket number and 051 phone number to call.
    This what the rest of you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Just a question for Jason if he is still around, PMs are disabled.

I was just wondering, will UPC broadband (fibre) be available on the Killiney Road in the foreseeable future? I have seen contractors working on behalf of UPC not to far away, but I was just wondering if they will be working all the way up?

I cannot post my address here for obvious reasons but, I'm very close to the Killiney Castle Hotel and Wyvern School.

Would you be able to confirm if broadband will be available?

thanks,

Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

can some one tell me if upc broadband will be in castlebar any time soon

Hi there Kevin. Without having your exact address it is hard to say, however, I can see some addresses on the Killiney Road with a tentative release date of December 2010. Is your home cabled by us or are you receiving tv through an aerial?
    Kevin! wrote: »
    Just a question for Jason if he is still around, PMs are disabled.

I was just wondering, will UPC broadband (fibre) be available on the Killiney Road in the foreseeable future? I have seen contractors working on behalf of UPC not to far away, but I was just wondering if they will be working all the way up?

I cannot post my address here for obvious reasons but, I'm very close to the Killiney Castle Hotel and Wyvern School.

Would you be able to confirm if broadband will be available?

thanks,

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hi Jason,

Is this offer still valid we rang and ordered TV and broadband over the weekend, but totally forgot about this offer.

Hi there Spud

Yes the offer is still running, however, unfortunately as you have already ordered through a different sales channel you will not qualify. Sorry about that.

To qualify you must order through the specific page.

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Spud83 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Is this offer still valid we rang and ordered TV and broadband over the weekend, but totally forgot about this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Spud83 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Call them again and cancel the order. Then, once you have confirmation of that, call the other number to avail of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dermatrov

Hi can I still order using this offer? Want to order the 30megabit broadband and phone
    Hi there Spud

Yes the offer is still running, however, unfortunately as you have already ordered through a different sales channel you will not qualify. Sorry about that.

To qualify you must order through the specific page.

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The link is still valid so their shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Hi there Kevin. Without having your exact address it is hard to say, however, I can see some addresses on the Killiney Road with a tentative release date of December 2010. Is your home cabled by us or are you receiving tv through an aerial?

Actually receiving television via sky link atm, but I did get a letter in the post the other day regarding television services (saw it labled upc on the outer envelope and hoped that it was regarding fibre :P)

I've PM'd you my actual address, now that PMS are enabled.

Thank you,

Kevin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just saw this now, I just got broadband installed on Wednesday.. can I cancel it(still within the cooling off period) and sign up to this offer??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement