Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Slunk wrote: »
    Is there a limit to the amount of points on the multi room viewing. I would like it in two extra rooms. Do you pay per room? Is this possible?

Dont know of a limit, but you can get 2 extra points yes. You will pay for the each point yes, its €5 for each additional standard box, and €10 for the plus or hd box.
    http://www.upc.ie/television/mrv/

Also, since im upgrading to 15MB I shouldn't have to pay for the wireless modem as mentioned in the fibre sports deal. Correct?

Correct

Should I have any installation fees if ordering the above? Just want to be clear before I go ahead with it.

You will pay €50 once off charge for each additional box installed, unless cabling is already in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Having my phone installed on Wednesday. Ill let you know when I receive my voucher for carphone warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Shame they don't do broadband in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Installation of broadband and phone scheduled for Wed, let's see how it goes. My two broghers are on UPC and happy with results so far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Broadband being installed on Saturday - looking forward to 30MBs!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wish I could get upc broadband in D15. Im paying the same for 3mb as UPC charge for 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

It's available in Ongar.
    I applied but didn't get the voucher cos I'm only getting the plus box - you have to sign up to a new connection to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Do you get the free 2 months Sky sports with this or is that only available to non boards customers?

Had the phone installed today. Now just to wait for the voucher!

Hi,
    Had the wiring done today, the modem cannot sync so no broadband, yet.
    The installer did his best and cannot be faulted, lets see what tomorrow brings...

• Advertisement

Job oxo,

Well they (UPC Techies) had a challenge on their hands but did not give up,
    Yesterday on Vodafone it was pings of 102, 5.7 Mb Down
    Today on UPC its pings of 25,27.44 Down and 2.77 up :D:D:D:D:D

Now to wait for the voucher......

If their support is as good as their installation I'll be a happy campe r:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Tusky wrote: »
    Wish I could get upc broadband in D15. Im paying the same for 3mb as UPC charge for 30!
    It is i have it in Blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi all.

Thanks everybody for your interest in this exclusive Boards.ie offer so far.

I wanted to update everybody that have availed already, (and have been installed with their new products), that we have sent your names and addresses to the retailer of your choice, and have requested them to send them to you as soon as possible by post.

This offer is still live, and we are happy to take more orders from Boards members via this offer, and to reward you with your voucher for €50 to spend.

If you have any queries regarding this offer, an order you placed, or would like to check your address to ensure we can service your home, please send your query direct to retailsales@upc.ie or call us direct on 051595143 and the team would be happy to help.

To summarise the offer once again:

If you order a new product (TV, Phone, and/or Fibre power Broadband), only by clicking this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ you will receive a voucher for €50 from the retailer you decide fits you best.

As this is a web order, we will match the offer on our own website regarding activation charges, so you will be in no way loosing out by ordering through this boards link.

Please note, you must have the product installed, and upgrades to an existing product unfortunately do not qualify.

Due to operational reasons, we are currently unable to provide direct responses on Boards.ie, and hope to be able to provide such a service in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding on this matter.

Kind Regards

Jason Campbell
    Retail Sales Manager
    UPC Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

It would probably be better for you guys to put a tech support/customer services person on these boards rather than a sales rep.

Applied for broadband, tele and phone package on Sat, they are coming to install it next Sat (6th), I'll let you know how it goes. Have to say it was helpful being able to quote the clarifications from upc to the sales rep as he didn't seem 100% sure of the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

placed the order over the phone last nite, and gonna get 30 MB broadband installed on Monday.:D, and the sales ask me which voucher i prefer, i pick the carphone ware house up. look forwarding to getting everything sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

you dont have to tell then your boards username do you? Wouldnt be nice if ye had a problem with them and started ranting about them here and for them to know who you are...

So is it a straight €50 to spend offer or is it a spend $x and get €50 off?

Is this offer seperate to this one? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/page.php/upc-offer/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭dubrov

Looks like D.I.D. are also doing the €250 offer.

http://www.igopeople.com/o/177-chorus-ntl/posts/134672-get-a-250-voucher-for-the-carphone-warehouse-or-d-i-d-electrical-when-you-sign-up-to-chorus-ntl-services-

I guess they are all new resellers of UPC.

The only difference I can see in the deal is that if you are a current subscriber you need to get both broadband and the phone while with the boards deal only broadband will do.

I was going to get broadband anyway so the question is whether its worth my while paying the extra €13 a month for a year to get the extra €200 worth of vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I signed up online for the 30mb broadband only to get a phonecall the next day telling me the service is not available in my estate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can someone clarify if this is a €50 voucher or a €250 voucher as some posters seem to be suggesting?

• Advertisement

It's a €50 voucher, if you want the 250 euro voucher you have to sign up in the store and order one of the expensive packages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Possibly a repeat question but at what point do you get to choose the voucher?

The very first step, when you click the link on the first post here you get the choose your voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Thanks for the reply! Did that, just wanted to make sure that I don't have to mention this when receiving the sales call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Thanks, probably gonna go down to DID now and order TV/ phne and BB package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I signed up for this offer for TV only. It was instaled within 5 days of ordering which was super as I had fuzzy rabbit ears till then. I also got Sky Sports free for 2 months which is great as it covers the end of the footie season. This alone is a saving of 60 odd quid so when the DID Electrical voucher for 50 squids arrived in the post this morning I was more than happy- 110 quid of savings in total!

A big thank you to Darragh & Basquille goes out- I reckon this is one of the best Bargain Alerts yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Thanks OP.

As I've had problems with this company in the past I asked the customer service rep a few questions on the offer. He admitted that the two months free $ky Sports offer is subjected to a downgrade fee of €15 to cancel it by the end of this period!

I'm just wondering if others are aware of this and has anyone been offered a concession or suggested not receiving these channels free for the two months to avoid this extra fee?

that bit about the charge to down grade is in their t&cs. I was due to have all three services installed on Sat but there was a hitch so they made an appointment to come again on Tues. As in the good old NTL days I waited in from 1-6pm no one came and when I tried to follow it up on the phone I was assured someone would check it out and get back to me straight away....still waiting, looks like they still haven't shaken off the poor customer service which was the reason I left them 5 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Thanks OP.

As I've had problems with this company in the past I asked the customer service rep a few questions on the offer. He admitted that the two months free $ky Sports offer is subjected to a downgrade fee of €15 to cancel it by the end of this period!

I'm just wondering if others are aware of this and has anyone been offered a concession or suggested not receiving these channels free for the two months to avoid this extra fee?

Hi WIZWEB

It is correct that UPC do apply a downgrade fee in most circumstances (in line with our standard terms & conditions).

However, I am happy to inform you that there are no downgrade fees tied to the "2 months Free Sky Sports" offer.

And just to expand on that, this offer is also available on the movie pack, so new customers who subscribe to Digital TV with SKY Sports & Movies, can sign up and get both free for 2 months.:D

Thanks & Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Thanks for your prompt reply Jason. Looking forward to your rep ringing me tomorrow and informing him of the good news :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement