Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

And just to expand on that, this offer is also available on the movie pack, so people who do not currently subscribe to SKY Sports & Movies, can sign up and get both free for 2 months.:D

Thanks & Regards

Jason

Jason- I'm not sure about this - at least I wasn't offered Sky Movies when I signed up for the offer- I was only offered Sky Sports, the agent didn't mention that I could have the Movies on trial too. Can you clarify please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Just heard from upc (thanks to Jason's kind intervention) that they will be coming on Tues next to do the job, I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

Could Jason or Darragh clarify something about the activation charge please? I ordered a broadband and phone package and was charged €20 activation on my first bill; billing enquiries say I received the correct discount and that I should have been charged €40. Does this ring true?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I just spoke to Rob a CSR regarding this deal and must say he proved to be a very helpful and genuine guy. He was well up to date on my application and Jason had filled him in which I appreciate.

As promised I am being offered the sports and movies packages free for the two months with no downgrade fees! I decided to take the HD add on for an extra €5 a month on my Max €33.75 package. There are only a limited few HD channels but that deal includes a recorder with up to 44 hours HD capacity (also much more time available for SD TV). This from my understanding is also free for the first two months to Boards members with no installation fee.

I've agreed to an installation date of this Tuesday from 1-6pm with an advance call from the engineers informing me of imminent arrival.

Overall I'm very happy with this deal so far and will update accordingly after installation. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

colferma wrote: »
    Could Jason or Darragh clarify something about the activation charge please? I ordered a broadband and phone package and was charged €20 activation on my first bill; billing enquiries say I received the correct discount and that I should have been charged €40. Does this ring true?

I dont think this should be the case. This offer was to be accepted as a normal online order and have free activation for new services. Well be charged €40, but then €40credit applied. This is my take on it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

I just got my broadband installed but totally forgot about this offer (i.e. I didn't click through the link), however I did see it previously and noticed the 15MB offer and as a result decided to go with UPC...I don't suppose I can still get the voucher? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

fletch wrote: »
    I just got my broadband installed but totally forgot about this offer (i.e. I didn't click through the link), however I did see it previously and noticed the 15MB offer and as a result decided to go with UPC...I don't suppose I can still get the voucher? :(

Cancel within the cooling-off period and order again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

colferma wrote: »
    What Davy said. On my first bill I was charged €20, and then €20 credit applied.

If you're dealing with Chorus/NTL (or any telco, for that matter) for something like a billing error, I highly recommend putting everything in writing. It saves time in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

This deal seemed too good to be true, and it was - at least for me.

Ordered 15Mb connection and had the installation 3 days later, great!
    Until it came to test the line, 96-99% packet loss most times. Best I've gotten was 85% loss.

The installation guy was helpful and said he would get a line crew out to fix it, would probably be that day or if not the following working day.

Nothing, still wasn't working the next week so phoned again. Was told "we will get the line crew to call you back and let you know what time this will be fixed", giving the distinct impression that it would be fixed that day - it wasn't and no one called.

Phoned again 24 hours later, and was told the line crew are booked to come out and take a look, IN ANOTHER WEEK! (10 days from when the fault was first reported)

Bad as eircom were, if there was a fault they were always out in 48hours to fix it.

Boo UPC!

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I just spoke to Rob a CSR regarding this deal and must say he proved to be a very helpful and genuine guy. He was well up to date on my application and Jason had filled him in which I appreciate.

As promised I am being offered the sports and movies packages free for the two months with no downgrade fees! I decided to take the HD add on for an extra €5 a month on my Max €33.75 package. There are only a limited few HD channels but that deal includes a recorder with up to 44 hours HD capacity (also much more time available for SD TV). This from my understanding is also free for the first two months to Boards members with no installation fee.

I've agreed to an installation date of this Tuesday from 1-6pm with an advance call from the engineers informing me of imminent arrival.

Overall I'm very happy with this deal so far and will update accordingly after installation. :D

Got installed okay today as agreed. Lads were very polite about the mess that surrounded them on arrival! All good so far except for five minutes before I typed this when a program reminder poped up and caused the unit to crash. Quick flick of the switch on the back fixed it and I didn't loose my other reminders but lost a program I was recording. Just realised no one took my bank account details so will probably have to ring them in during the week to avoid the €3 monthly statement charge. Overall am currently happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can submit your sort code and account number online in 'myupc'. Pain free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I was with UPC and I found their service to be terrible. There customer service were very difficult to contact , ending the contract took a long time.
    I would never use their service again.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055361045

Traumadoc wrote: »
    I was with UPC and I found their service to be terrible. There customer service were very difficult to contact , ending the contract took a long time.
    I would never use their service again.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055361045

I found the same when I previously cancelled my broadband to go abroad. I'm stuck with their TV service as my property management company doesn't allow satellite dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

got my broadband installed two weeks ago. and have not received any vouches from upc. anyone could tell me how long it takes to arrive?:mad:

gilbert wrote: »
    anyone could tell me how long it takes to arrive?:mad:

In the terms:
    Your chosen retailer will post your voucher to you within 30 days of our services being installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

Davy wrote: »
    In the terms:

thx,Davy, it seem like that should takes a while, hopefully i can get it at end of days.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Happy Harry

Sorry you had a technical issue, hope it was resolved for you, they will generally fix issues when presented in as quickly as possible. If you need further assistance email your ticket number to retailsales@upc.ie and your issue and we will chase it up for you.

Regards

Jason Campbell
    HappyHarry wrote: »
    This deal seemed too good to be true, and it was - at least for me.

Ordered 15Mb connection and had the installation 3 days later, great!
    Until it came to test the line, 96-99% packet loss most times. Best I've gotten was 85% loss.

The installation guy was helpful and said he would get a line crew out to fix it, would probably be that day or if not the following working day.

Nothing, still wasn't working the next week so phoned again. Was told "we will get the line crew to call you back and let you know what time this will be fixed", giving the distinct impression that it would be fixed that day - it wasn't and no one called.

Phoned again 24 hours later, and was told the line crew are booked to come out and take a look, IN ANOTHER WEEK! (10 days from when the fault was first reported)

Bad as eircom were, if there was a fault they were always out in 48hours to fix it.

Boo UPC!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

It has been fixed - the modem was faulty.
    The technical guy was great - it's a pity about the poor communication of the CSRs and that the installer didn't \ couldn't resolve the issue, it shouldn't really have taken 7 days.

Hopefully it'll be plain sailing now.

Hi Happy Harry

Sorry you had a technical issue, hope it was resolved for you, they will generally fix issues when presented in as quickly as possible. If you need further assistance email your ticket number to retailsales@upc.ie and your issue and we will chase it up for you.

Regards

Jason Campbell

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

as an ex customer of Chorus/NTL I advise u stay well away from them. Customer service is dreadful. They only value prospective customers - once you sign up thats the end of the service. I have used both SKY and Chorus and despite all of their faults SKY is in a different league to chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Have the broadband and phone now about three weeks, all well. Paid my first bill this week so maybe the voucher will appear soon, missed the Mother's day deadline so when's Father's day coming...

• Advertisement

Hey Conrang. Drop us an email with your ticket or UPC account number and we will chase up the retailer to ensure they have posted your voucher to you.

Regards

Jason

email retailsales@upc.ie
    Connrang wrote: »
    Have the broadband and phone now about three weeks, all well. Paid my first bill this week so maybe the voucher will appear soon, missed the Mother's day deadline so when's Father's day coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Jason,

Could you advise me on if Broadband is available in Riverbank, Annacotty, Limerick ?

The online checker says it is available in Annacotty (doesnt let you specify the address any further) but the land lady thinks it may not be avaialbe.

Thanks

Hi witnessmenow

Just checked, it depends on the street. (Part of the estate is upgraded so far) I would need your actual address to give you a definitive answer.

Please email retailsales@upc.ie or call 051595143 and they will check it for you.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Jason,

Could you advise me on if Broadband is available in Riverbank, Annacotty, Limerick ?

The online checker says it is available in Annacotty (doesnt let you specify the address any further) but the land lady thinks it may not be avaialbe.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks Jason I've popped off an email there.

To be honest Im interested to see has UPC customer service improved, I had a good bit of trouble trying to get it installed about 18 months ago.

EDIT: Got a reply (not a good one unfortuantly), so either they have improved big time or Jason give them a little nudge to make sure I was looked after :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Hello,

It has been more then 30 days since I ordered my phone package with you and I have still not recieved my voucher for carphone warehouse. Please update me on the status of these vouchers.

It has been about 30 days on the dot since it has been installed also.

Regards,
    Migual Sanchez

HI there Limericks. Please contact us direct retailsales@upc.ie with your account number or your ticket number which is your unique code, and we can check with the retailer to see when and if they have sent you your voucher. (I cannot check anything without one of these numbers)

The process is, once product has been installed, we notify the retailer to post the voucher direct to you at the address the products have been installed in.

The phone may have been ordered 30 days ago, but our process was always to have the voucher posted out within 30 days following your installation, which should give enough time. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831222

Without knowing your account number, I cannot check your actual date of installation, nor do I want you to post it here, please contact us direct and we will chase it up immediately for you. We are there to 8pm this evening. If you prefer to call, please do so on 051595143 quoting your ticket number (or UPC account number)

Thanks

Jason
    Limericks wrote: »
    Hello,

It has been more then 30 days since I ordered my phone package with you and I have still not recieved my voucher for carphone warehouse. Please update me on the status of these vouchers.

It has been about 30 days on the dot since it has been installed also.

Regards,
    Migual Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Signed up for this during the weekend. Left my phone number and email address. Got an email off NTL asking me to ring them. Obviously they want to save a few bob by getting all prospective customers to ring them. Not a great start.

I've always found the NTL service to be good until the day comes around and you have to ring customer service. I'll say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The only problem I had on a new line with UPC ,was dns issues at the start. Started using openDns and never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I still have not recieved my voucher. It has been more then a month since I signed up and have been installed.

Is it possible to have my phone service uninstalled and the cost credited back to my upc account seeing as I did not recieve my voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭dubrov

I signed up on Thursday of last week to the Fibre web package(upgrade from basic digital). I was deliveed the router and phone for self install last Tuesday.

I then contacted Chorus NTL yesterday to see what the story was with the €250 voucher. They said to just turn up in D.I.D. with proof that I had upgraded and they would issue the voucher there. I then rang D.I.D and it turns out that this is incorrect. D.I.D. send a list of names to head office every week or so and vouchers are then issued and sent to the customer directly.

In the end, a nice lady from D.I.D. did a lot of ringing around for me and managed to get the voucher issued yesterday evening. I picked it up this morning and spent it.

Great deal I think!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement