Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Saw an ad that says if you sign up for a UPC Bundle in PC World, you receive a voucher for €250 to use in their shops.
    Not sure what the exact details of the bundle are though but I'd guess it's the full package.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Just wanted to let everyone know that the offer is still available. I ordered UPC's 15Mbit through the normal sales channel last monday (not the offer) and they came back to me by mail requesting more info. So I sent them a reply asking a few more questions but no answer.
    After not getting an answer I decided to call them spending Euro 6 to find out I had to send the additional info to a certain email address. I did that on Wednesday and asking them to reply if that information is enough and when we can schedule an appointment. Again no reply, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

So yesterday I went to boards.ie and saw that this thread was still alive and decided to fill out the UPC boards.ie form to see if I get some more help on my order. I wasn't willing to pay another 6 Euro on the phone.
    Today (Sunday) my phone rings and Rob calls me from UPC who is one of the ppl responsible for this particular offer. He confirmed my info and we scheduled an appointment for the end of the next week and he said the voucher will be send too.
    I really did not like dealing with the 'normal' UPC dpt. at all - no replies to emails and they left me hanging after I send them the additional info not knowing what was going on.

Rob's department on the other hand (responsible for the boards.ie offer) is how customer service should work. Fill out the form, get a call 12hours later from him, and settle everything within 10minutes and even get a voucher as a bonus.

So, yes the offer is still available and honestly even if it weren't but you could still order through that link on the first page I would do this anyways because at least the customer service is great that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Saw an ad that says if you sign up for a UPC Bundle in PC World, you receive a voucher for €250 to use in their shops.
    Not sure what the exact details of the bundle are though but I'd guess it's the full package.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this also. www.upc.ie/pcworld seems to be invalid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pinkstateside

Seems to be working now.

Good offer.
    CFC007 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in hearing more about this also. www.upc.ie/pcworld seems to be invalid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Thanks. I will pass on your comments to Rob.

The offer is still very much still live, people are more than welcome to sign up via this offer, and the €50 vouchers are still available if you qualify and get new product installed.

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

Jason
    rh5555 wrote: »
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the offer is still available. I ordered UPC's 15Mbit through the normal sales channel last monday (not the offer) and they came back to me by mail requesting more info. So I sent them a reply asking a few more questions but no answer.
    After not getting an answer I decided to call them spending Euro 6 to find out I had to send the additional info to a certain email address. I did that on Wednesday and asking them to reply if that information is enough and when we can schedule an appointment. Again no reply, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

So yesterday I went to boards.ie and saw that this thread was still alive and decided to fill out the UPC boards.ie form to see if I get some more help on my order. I wasn't willing to pay another 6 Euro on the phone.
    Today (Sunday) my phone rings and Rob calls me from UPC who is one of the ppl responsible for this particular offer. He confirmed my info and we scheduled an appointment for the end of the next week and he said the voucher will be send too.
    I really did not like dealing with the 'normal' UPC dpt. at all - no replies to emails and they left me hanging after I send them the additional info not knowing what was going on.

Rob's department on the other hand (responsible for the boards.ie offer) is how customer service should work. Fill out the form, get a call 12hours later from him, and settle everything within 10minutes and even get a voucher as a bonus.

So, yes the offer is still available and honestly even if it weren't but you could still order through that link on the first page I would do this anyways because at least the customer service is great that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Good that I saw this, thinking of signing up, I rang the sales there yesterday..
    hwocome theres no deal of anything like half price for 3 months or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Lenny wrote: »
    Good that I saw this, thinking of signing up, I rang the sales there yesterday..
    hwocome theres no deal of anything like half price for 3 months or anything?

Better deal from UPC here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's a good deal except UPC don't service the D10/Cherry Orchard area for anything except tv :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

TheZohan wrote: »
    Better deal from UPC here.
    Yea I say that.. but is there any official release about it?
    signing up online you save the €40 installation fee, do you save on that too by using the boards link?
    I can just see it all going drasticly wrong signing up in pc world tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lenny wrote: »
    Yea I say that.. but is there any official release about it?
    signing up online you save the €40 installation fee, do you save on that too by using the boards link?
    I can just see it all going drasticly wrong signing up in pc world tbh

The boards/upc offer has free installation. The pc world offer is totally separate, and im not sure about the installation charge on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hopefully one of the UPC representatives can help me with this.

Staff at PC World claim that the installation fee is €20 - some here say €40 - which is it?

I was also told that the €75 a month 'Fibre Bargain Supersize HD Pack' is eligible for the €250 PC World voucher offer - is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fnz

The guys in PC World are correct, UPC have an activation fee of €20 per box, so if you order a Digital TV Box, there is a €20 activation charge. If you order Digital TV and Broadband modem, due to there being 2 boxes, there are 2 activation charges, totalling €40.

If you order a new product through the boards link the activation charge is waived.

This thread is for the boards offer, If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)
    http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

But to answer Fnz's question about the PC World offer.....

To be eligible for the PC World €250 gift card offer you must subscribe to one of the following UPC Bundle Services in any PC World Store;

1.(a) New Customer Triple Play Bundles;
    FIBRE WEB SUPERSIZE
    FIBRE SPORTS
    FIBRE SPORTS SUPERSIZE
    FIBRE ULTIMATE
    FIBRE ULTIMATE SUPERSIZE

1.(b) Or add one of these Broadband and Phone packs to your existing UPC TV service:
    FIBRE SURFER PACK

Full details of this gift card offer are available here: http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/

Please also be advised that we have another retail offer to consider, if you order 30mb broadband, Or Digital TV Max, in the Carphone Warehouse or D.I.D Electrical, you will get a free IPOD Shuffle 2gb, so a couple of different bargains for you to consider.

Full details of this IPOD offer are available here: http://www.upc.ie/shuffle/

Happy Shopping.

Regards
    Jason
    Fnz wrote: »
    Hopefully one of the UPC representatives can help me with this.

Staff at PC World claim that the installation fee is €20 - some here say €40 - which is it?

I was also told that the €75 a month 'Fibre Bargain Supersize HD Pack' is eligible for the €250 PC World voucher offer - is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

UPC: Jason wrote: »

1.(a) New Customer Triple Play Bundles;

FIBRE SPORTS SUPERSIZE

Hi Jason, just wondering, what's included in this package. How much is it? Thanks

New Triple Play Customer Qualifying Bundles for the €250 Voucher

Hi
    Fibre Sports Supersize HD - €95 p/m
    Digital Select Extra HD+ Including ESPN Sports
    2nd Box Multi Room Viewing
    Sky Sports
    15 Mb Fibre Power Broadband
    Phone Freetime World
    mgsrocks wrote: »
    Hi Jason, just wondering, what's included in this package. How much is it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is there an offer so I'm not charged €10 for UPC to click on their computer to change my package from 30Mb to 15Mb?

How about an offer to get back the €100+ they took from me for going over their usage cap that they say doesn't exist, let me quote that from their website, "there is no monthly usage cap for Fibre Power Broadband 15Mb or 30Mb." Funny, I recall being charged twice the price for broadband for 4-5 months. Not to mention being charged multi-room for 8 months when I didn't have a second box.

It's ok though I'll give you something in return...damn, I can't find my leaflet with the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 on it, it's ok though, I'll look it up for you now that my internet is back from an outage.

Do us a favor, stop luring people to join UPC and take care of your current customers who you screw over.

DaveyDave

This is a reward thread for boards users, (and many boards users have now received a €50 voucher via this offer) and I am only authorised to comment on just this thread and queries relating to it. Your comments are probably for another thread, however, I will attempt to answer it for you to be helpful.

UPC have unlimited usage on our 15 & 30mb fibre power broadband products. Like all residential broadband providers, there is an acceptable usage level built in. Please see here for full details. http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/acceptableusagepolicy/

If you have any questions on this, can I suggest you contact our customer service team directly on 1908, or tweet us on www.twitter.com/weareupc and they can talk you though all aspects? (as they are authorised to do so)

Thanks again

Jason

This thread is for the boards offer, If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Is there an offer so I'm not charged €10 for UPC to click on their computer to change my package from 30Mb to 15Mb?

How about an offer to get back the €100+ they took from me for going over their usage cap that they say doesn't exist, let me quote that from their website, "there is no monthly usage cap for Fibre Power Broadband 15Mb or 30Mb." Funny, I recall being charged twice the price for broadband for 4-5 months. Not to mention being charged multi-room for 8 months when I didn't have a second box.

It's ok though I'll give you something in return...damn, I can't find my leaflet with the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 on it, it's ok though, I'll look it up for you now that my internet is back from an outage.

Do us a favor, stop luring people to join UPC and take care of your current customers who you screw over.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

Bugger, the technician/installer guy literally just left and now I see this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Incorporating Haj

Hi Jason,

I just went ahead with this offer and got broadband and TV installed last week. I couldn't meet the technician due to work so my cousin helped me out, and I told him what I was getting.

With regards the voucher, he was told that I just needed to present the receipt at the shop. Is this correct or should I be following this up?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I signed up on Friday and forgot about the offer! ;'(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

tk123 wrote: »
    NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I signed up on Friday and forgot about the offer! ;'(
    You have a 7 day cooling off period so you can cancel and then re-sign up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

fletch wrote: »
    You have a 7 day cooling off period so you can cancel and then re-sign up!

I mailed them there and asked did I need to cancel and resubmit to get the voucher - we'll see what they come back with!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

tk123 wrote: »
    I mailed them there and asked did I need to cancel and resubmit to get the voucher - we'll see what they come back with!
    You do...I've been through the trauma of it all.

Hi there

No that is incorrect. When ordering through this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer you would have asked for a voucher from a merchant of your choice. Once you qualify and are are installed, we notify the merchant and they post you out a voucher for €50 for you to spend instore.

Best of luck, enjoy your UPC products and spending the voucher.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

I just went ahead with this offer and got broadband and TV installed last week. I couldn't meet the technician due to work so my cousin helped me out, and I told him what I was getting.

With regards the voucher, he was told that I just needed to present the receipt at the shop. Is this correct or should I be following this up?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Jason.
    I've emailed your retailsales@upc.ie address three times in the last two months regarding the voucher which I never recieved.

Can I suggest that this offer is pulled until such time as UPC are actually in a position to uphold the agreed €50 voucher.

I've emailed the above address yet again and hope you can somehow sort this out.

Cheers,

Account number: <Mod Snip> PM personal info please

Hi there. Sorry the merchant havent posted your voucher out yet, I am personally chasing them now to establish the exact status. If they havent sent it (for whatever reason) I will send you a one for alll voucher instead if that suits you.

I will have one of my team call you today to establish your requirements

Thanks

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

Mezcita wrote: »
    Jason.
    I've emailed your retailsales@upc.ie address three times in the last two months regarding the voucher which I never recieved.

Can I suggest that this offer is pulled until such time as UPC are actually in a position to uphold the agreed €50 voucher.

I've emailed the above address yet again and hope you can somehow sort this out.

Cheers,

Account number: <Mod Snip> PM personal info please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jason im getting UPC installed today. Is it too late to avail of this offer?

Hi there. I am sorry, yes, to qualify for the offer, you must have ordered through the link on this site initially.

Enjoy your products.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free installation) just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions)

QUOTE=Hogzy;66754052]Jason im getting UPC installed today. Is it too late to avail of this offer?[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I began the process of opening an account through the link and was sent an email with a ticket number from UPC. Now since then nobody has bothered to reply to the emails I've sent.

Can you help me out Jason?

Hi p_larkin99

Please pm a ticket number and you will get immediate attention. The process is, once you send the order via the link, my team will try call you twice a day for 5 days before finally cancelling the order. We need to be able to speak to you to confirm all details etc.

To speed things up, you can call 051595143 yourself directly with your ticket number, they will find your original order, even if it is cancelled and will go ahead with it for you there and then. They are working until 6pm if that suits

Regards

Jason
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I began the process of opening an account through the link and was sent an email with a ticket number from UPC. Now since then nobody has bothered to reply to the emails I've sent.

• Advertisement

Hi P_Larkin99

Got your PM.

My team will be back in touch with you now that you were installed last week, to let you know when you will get your voucher. Your merchant would have been notified at this stage if you qualified for the voucher, and you should have it very soon as per the t&c's of the offer.

Enjoy spending it and enjoy your products.

regards

Jason

p_larkin99 wrote: »

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement