Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Fighters XIII discussion thread

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

So, I spent hours today watching juicebox trying the PC beta and the netcode was awful. Like, console bad. It was depressing lol. But the game got patched a few minutes ago and now the netcode is FAR better! Let's hope there's more patches to come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just looking at Juicebox's Twitter page. I should have dared to hope, shouldn't I?

The beta is now open to all preorder-ers. I've played 32 matches:

6 were to unknown location (there's no flags like in SF4), 4 bar connection, felt offline perfect
    4 were to another unknown location, 3 bar, felt just as good
    4 to MEXICO, 1 bar. Framerate was consistent and input lag was like what you'd feel in a 2 bar in SF4, could still react to hops with st.A.
    1 to unknown location and was horrible beyond belief, but seems like that guy's connection.
    The other 17 were to someone in the UK and again, felt like offline.

Keep in mind I have fibre optic, I'm not sure how it'll run on other connections but reports on twitter seem good

For anyone apprehensive, or anyone whos interested in trying KOFXIIISE, the netcode is now godlike!!

If you're still not sure, you can see my inputs mid-match on my stream http://www.twitch.tv/MelficeVKM, have a look at the archive and see how little delay there is! (Warning: I'm awful lol)

Edit: Apparently playing in fullscreen mode gives lag, if you're playing it try windowed mode

Some people reportedly still having some lag. I haven't experienced this at all, but just a heads up after all my hyping up the netcode lol

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    The beta is now open to all preorder-ers. I've played 32 matches:

6 were to unknown location (there's no flags like in SF4), 4 bar connection, felt offline perfect
    4 were to another unknown location, 3 bar, felt just as good
    4 to MEXICO, 1 bar. Framerate was consistent and input lag was like what you'd feel in a 2 bar in SF4, could still react to hops with st.A.
    1 to unknown location and was horrible beyond belief, but seems like that guy's connection.
    The other 17 were to someone in the UK and again, felt like offline.

Keep in mind I have fibre optic, I'm not sure how it'll run on other connections but reports on twitter seem good

For anyone apprehensive, or anyone whos interested in trying KOFXIIISE, the netcode is now godlike!!

If you're still not sure, you can see my inputs mid-match on my stream http://www.twitch.tv/MelficeVKM, have a look at the archive and see how little delay there is! (Warning: I'm awful lol)

Edit: Apparently playing in fullscreen mode gives lag, if you're playing it try windowed mode

Some people reportedly still having some lag. I haven't experienced this at all, but just a heads up after all my hyping up the netcode lol

That's great to hear, there's more patches to come so let's hope they keep trying to improve it. I can't wait for this, been playing this a lot offline lately and I really hope the se netcode doesn't disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Had a few quid so splashed on this, will probably stream it too

Edit : Hopped on for a few games, netcode is really good, even while streaming it seemed just fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

It's cool that KOF seems to be having a massive resurgence of interest.

I am surprised that a straight steam port of a game released in 2011 is getting so much attention though (or at least with us specifically). The game was released multiplatform on disc and digitally. We would never have had any trouble playing it at casuals or adding it to more DOCs, we just.... didn't.

But a PC port (granted, with better netcode) is setting the world on fire?

I think that's cool, and more power to KOF, but I still don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I am surprised that a straight steam port of a game released in 2011 is getting so much attention though (or at least with us specifically). The game was released multiplatform on disc and digitally. We would never have had any trouble playing it at casuals or adding it to more DOCs, we just.... didn't.

well it's hard to keep a game alive since the few people who are interested in playing kof can rarely if ever make it to casuals in dublin, same with any game where online is bad but luckily for marvel it had a pretty healthy offline scene to keep people interested. Now that online won't suck I can actually play vs ppl more often rather than sit in training mode and not be rusty as hell when the rare occasion to play kof offline jumps up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike was released in 1999 and didn't have much impact until 2004... ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I love KoFXIII, it's the first FG since SF4 I can say held my interest, but without decent online it's hard to keep it going.

Games got so much going for it, I'd say people were waiting for a chance to revive it and I guess this is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The game is really, really fun. Love the character designs. It's my first time properly playing a KOF game, I have it on xbox and apart from training mode, I never bothered with it. The online was just so terrible. The online on the PC version is really good, I recommend anyone who is interested to pick it up now at a discounted price (cost me 23 quid afaik)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Steam players add your IDs to the google doc please. Would love to finally play this thing online. PSN was a disaster. :P

On the offchance anyone from the North interested in KOFXIII reads this: we've been having casuals at Queen's Student Union, in Belfast, started last week
    Times: Tuesdays 6pm - 10pm & Saturdays 2pm - 6pm
    There's only 4 of us who play KOF, so some days if enough can't come it might not be on. If you're interested send me a PM on boards or contact on Steam (ID: MelficeVKM) so we know when to meet you, thanks

Also:

GLORIOUS PC KOF MASTER RACE

qL2Nj9b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

hi ladsjust bought the game for pc. and am trying to get my head around the game.what fundamentals should i be focusing on.
    looking to play daimon,joe,leona........what order would you suggest with those 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Fundamentals are the same as most fighting games. Things that are unique to KoF that you should look into getting comfortable with are hops, using them for pressure and normals your characters have to deal with them (those 3 characters have good jabs for it).

Since you mostly play SF, I'd get used to using runs in your rushdown as well. Less telegraphed than set distance dashes like in SF since you can do normals immediately after.

For those 3 characters I'd just run Leona last. Other two characters can alternate between point and second. Its a fairly resource intensive team but not to the point were I'd say you'd have to change it. I don't really know much about Joe but I know a bit about Leona and a fair bit about Daimon if you have any more specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Watch this:

In other news, SNK have essentially confirmed that they are working on a new KOF with 3D graphics: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/new-3d-king-fighters-game-development/

It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'm picturing someone at SNK looking at Guilty Gear Xrd and thinking "I wish we had thought of that when we were making KOF XII..."

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

Thanks for this update regarding KOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

KOF for steam is part of the humble bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

I would really like to see KOF in 3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'm the opposite. I really really hope they stick with sprites. XIII looks so nice as it is.

Already happened, was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

i really like this game. The move short cuts really help though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hope next installment has less of this

85fdbea08179ede09b4282b690305e6e-copy_zpse2f336a5.gif?t=1408907914

Advertisement