Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest movie one liner, and I mean greatest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Uncle Monty-- 'I mean to have you, even if it must be burglary'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

“Is it safe?”

That or, “I could dance with you til the cows came home, on second thoughts I’d rather dance with the cows til you came home”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

pale rider- nothing like a nice piece of hickory

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Was it over when Germany bombed Pearl Harbout

Its Just been revoked

Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light

How about no you crazy dutch b"$£!$d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Mississippi: "My name is Alan Bourdillion Traherne."
    Cole: "Lord Almighty!"

El Dorado (1966)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

So many lines in True Romance but more than one line except. I like you Clarence, always have, always will.

Or jack in easy rider. Oh, I’ve got a helmet, I’ve got a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Gillespie: Well, you're pretty sure of yourself, ain't you, Virgil? Virgil—that's a funny name for a n***** boy that comes from Philadelphia! What do they call you up there?
    Tibbs: They call me Mr. Tibbs!

In the Heat of the Night -1967
    Great scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Look at us. I'm frozen and you're dead. And I love you.

Vanilla Sky. Love the rooftop scene. The Sigur Ros tune when he falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Under siege 2

"...Assumption is the mother of all f*kups.."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Call it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

“You’re short on ears and long on mouth.” ― John Wayne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Totally ad libbed apparently. Watch Ludacris' reaction

Max Bialystock: How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast—where did I go right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭MfMan

Parker: It's a robot! Ash is a goddamn robot!

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Because I'm an MK fan:

'GET OVER HERE!'

• Advertisement

Blazing saddles p: badges, we don’t need no stinking badges

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kevinmcm

Luke, I am your father

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

beauf wrote: »
    Under siege 2

"...Assumption is the mother of all f*kups.."

Under Seige. I'm the che...Erika Eleniak jumps outta a cake and noone gives afcuk what he does for a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? Is watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs. Nobody, I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hot dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

Get to the choppa!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jim.s

You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? Is watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs. Nobody, I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hot dog.

Clint?

You know who that was?

That was Clint Eastwood

While not a classic like the 2 godfathers, citizen Kane or goodfellas, Napoleon dynamite had some crackers of one liners. Like:

“Napoleon, don’t be jealous ’cause I’ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to become a cage fighter.”

It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.”

You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I’m wearing these bad boys? Forget about it.”

“Nunchuck skills… bowhunting skills… computer hacking skills… Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!”

You know, some people say that he talks to the animals. The aborigines call him Jabba-Jahda-Ah-Der-Ahd, which means The Crocodile Who Walks Like a Man.

It is actually amazing the impact Crocodile Dundee had. The amount of phrases that are common parlance is crazy. Things like, that’s not a knife, that’s a knife or throw a shrimp on the Barbie, or even G’day mate is amazing. Before it tourism from US was non existent. After it Australia became one of the most visited destinations for US tourists.

It is terrible it’s now considered sexist racist and homophobic but I think it’s still hilarious.

Love this line

ue Charlton: Is it dead? (asking about the crocodile with a knife in it's head)

Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Well, if it isn't, I'm gonna have a hell of a job skinning the b*stard.

Jesus Chr1st, people are still choosing to drink Fosters 35 years later because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Bring out the Gimp...

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Bring out the Gimp...

Hamburgers: the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

“It’s a terrible shock.. Being married for 25 years, and finding out your husband’s a prick.”

“Houston, we have a problem.”

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”

“Who’s on first?”

"It was beauty killed the beast."

"I have had it with these mother****in' snakes on this mother****in' plane!"

"You sit on a throne of lies."

“Show me the money”

“Here’s another fine mess you’ve gotten me into”

“I’ll get you my pretty - and your little dog too!”

“Mama always says ‘Stupid is as stupid does’”

Already done?

This is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it could blow your head clean off. You've got to ask yourself one question, Do I feel lucky?

When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Nuns......No sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

But tell me, just what is it that you want to do, well we want to be free, we want to be free to do what we want to do, we want to be free to ride and, we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man, and we want to get loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Always like this scene..

Mr. Orange: Oh God! ****! I'm gonna die, Larry! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!
    Mr. White: Just hold on, buddy boy!
    Mr. Orange: I'm gonna die!
    Mr. White: Hey!
    Mr. Orange: I'm sorry! I can't...
    Mr. White: Hey there!
    Mr. Orange: The ****ing crawdad!
    Mr. White: Hey! Just cancel that ****, right now! You're hurt, you're hurt real ****ing bad, but you ain't dying!
    Mr. Orange: I'm gonna die! This blood's scaring the **** outta me, Larry! I'm gonna die, I know it!
    Mr. White: Oh, excuse me, I didn't realise you had a degree in medicine! Uh... ah... are you a doctor? Are you a doctor? Answer me please! Are you a doctor? Huh?
    Mr. Orange: No, I'm not.
    Mr. White: OK! So you admit you don't know what you're talking about! So, when you're through giving me your ameteur opinion, just lie back and listen to the news! I'm taking you back to the rendezvous, Joe's gonna get you a doctor, the doctor's gonna fix you up, and you're gonna be ok! Now say it! You're gonna be ok! SAY IT! [sings] You're gonna be ok! Say the goddamn words, you're gonna be ok!
    Mr. Orange: [groans] Oh, God!
    Mr. White: [shouts] Say the goddamn ****ing words! Say it!
    Mr. Orange: I'm ok, Larry
    Mr. White: Correct! Correct!
    Mr. Orange: I'm ok...

"Do not have anyone or anything in your life that you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner"

"I haven't got the time for this Mickey Mouse bull****"

"Tonight's not your night kid, we're going for the price on Wilson"

"A human fly"

"ATTACA"

See all this sh1t. It’s not your fault.

https://youtu.be/GtkST5-ZFHw

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Their eating her.......:eek:
    And then their going to eat me...:eek::eek:

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭pavb2

Of All The Gin Joints In All The Towns In All The World, She Walks Into Mine."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?

Please to help me with my rooksack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

joeguevara wrote: »
    It is actually amazing the impact Crocodile Dundee had. The amount of phrases that are common parlance is crazy. Things like, that’s not a knife, that’s a knife or throw a shrimp on the Barbie, or even G’day mate is amazing. Before it tourism from US was non existent. After it Australia became one of the most visited destinations for US tourists.

It is terrible it’s now considered sexist racist and homophobic but I think it’s still hilarious.

Love this line

ue Charlton: Is it dead? (asking about the crocodile with a knife in it's head)

Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Well, if it isn't, I'm gonna have a hell of a job skinning the b*stard.

Jesus Chr1st, people are still choosing to drink Fosters 35 years later because of it.

that movie always makes me smile , the ending in the subway is pure cornball but i still love it

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

We came
    We saw we kicked it’s ass

Bill Murray aka Dr Peter Venkman Gjostbusters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

pavb2 wrote: »
    Of All The Gin Joints In All The Towns In All The World, She Walks Into Mine."

Soo many memorable lines from this movie. Like:

Bogey: Last time we met was Belle Aurore.

Bergman: How nice you remembered. Of course that was the day the Germans marched into Paris....

Bogey: Not an easy day to forget. I remember every detail. The Germans wore grey. You wore blue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Is that fcukin Foley in here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

When you're talking film quotes, one film stands head and shoulders above them all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Smokey this is not Nam this is bowling there are rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

"It's my field. It's my child. I nursed it. I nourished it. I dug the rocks out of it with my bare hands and I made a living thing of it."

- Bull McCabe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

From "Cocoon" --- (how terribly topical!) - sexy scene in a swimming pool, with lasers ---

"If this is foreplay I'm a dead man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

“Oh wait, I can hear the fat kid running, I bet it looks hilarious.”

Ted.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

"What am I going to say? 'I killed the President of Paraquay with a fork. How have you been?'"

Grosse Pointe Blank

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Advertisement
Advertisement