Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

EDIT: I never actually noticed any lasers in the event boss????

They are fixed like a three bar fence and are annoying as they take a fair bit of health off you and if like me you are low on health from receiving damage from the enemies they put you into FFYL but still not as bad as if they were shooting around the place.

I was farming for a Sand Hawk got one at Level 6 moved up to level 7 eventually got one and it was worse than the level 6 one. I then moved up to level 8 Mayhem and tried many times and none would drop so called it a night. I was just farming that boss so do not know if it is just from that boss or always at level 8 but there are these skulls that come after you called death and you die instantly when they hit you well FFYL good job I am F4lk and have a pet to revive me as you would just die especially with this boss as he and his extra doubles can be far away from you.

Cartels soundtrack is up on spotify etc now. really reminded me of hotline miami

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Spent a while trying to get the Maison from Captain Traunt, worth it. Been doing great work for me since. Might have a go at farming Sand Hawk at some stage too.

Got lucky with the sand hawk and got it first time and on the way there got a Bloodletter that boosts both heavy weapon damage and splash along with a nade that has a +25% damage with weapons on throw for 6 seconds. Katagawa took 1 shot on M10 with the yeallowcake :pac:

Took 20+ kills on Traunt and when I got a Kaoson it had a poxy while airborne anointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn them for making Atlas HQ, a map with like 5 enemies and Katagawa, the farm for ARs and Mods this week.

Penn wrote: »
    Damn them for making Atlas HQ, a map with like 5 enemies and Katagawa, the farm for ARs and Mods this week.

The Power Troopers are usually cartel enemies so I've been getting 7-10 just on these guys. Don't even bother opening the chests though as they are not scaling loot properly in my experience. Anyway it's a quick run form the spawn to them using the shortcut up the left side wall. So I farmed them for a bit to see if I could do better than what I had.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's a bit daft that grenades haven't scaled up with the guns in Mayhem modes. I had a recurring hex that used to be great for shredding shields, now it's fairly worthless and no grenades I've gotten since have been an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Cartels soundtrack is up on spotify etc now. really reminded me of hotline miami

I'm late to BL3, tried it earlier and just found the intro boring so put it to one side. I'm now playing and level 31? I've probably made a mistake running the cartels as I've now got a pistol, shotgun, smg, machine gun and sniper that are OP as hell but yeah one thing that has stood out to me in this BL is the soundtracks are really really good. Can't get enough of them.

Re-balancing of Mayhem 2.0 coming

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-05-13-dev-update-mayhem-mode/

General Notes:
    - Armour/health/shield scaling of enemies will be reduced in the higher mayhem levels
    - Mayhem Level of weapons will be included in Weapon text
    - Some Anointments will be buffed to make them more viable, and others nerfed
    - Grenades will now have mayhem levels and scale accordingly
    - Class mods will include Skill Damage boosts to make action skills more powerful for different builds
    - Chests/Machines will give mayhem-level items
    - Veteran Rewards machine (I presume that's the one by Crazy Earl) will soon stock some mission-reward items once unlocked, and eridium fabricator will have more chance to spit out legendaries for more eridium (Why? So many legendaries drop in high mayhem levels that it's a completely pointless source of legendaries at this point)

Rolling out in at least two phases

Went back to playing a bit of this over the last few days. The OPQ rifle is insane, it'll definitely be nerfed. I've one with anointment for 200% damage when action skill is active, which for Amara's Phasezerker build is pretty much all the time, plus shares damage between linked enemies. Took down Joey UV on Mayhem 6 with relative ease.

• Advertisement

Glad to see grenades and action skills getting some love.

Also I don't think I ever really used the fabricator tbh.

Angron wrote: »
    Glad to see grenades and action skills getting some love.

Also I don't think I ever really used the fabricator tbh.

Tried it at the start. Wasn't worth it, not with the rate legendaries were already dropping. Think they had to release a patch to allow you to even remove it from your inventory (I think technically it didn't take up a backpack space, but still couldn't get rid of it or bank it). I hung it up in the room on Sanctuary to get rid of it.

Penn wrote: »
    Tried it at the start. Wasn't worth it, not with the rate legendaries were already dropping. Think they had to release a patch to allow you to even remove it from your inventory (I think technically it didn't take up a backpack space, but still couldn't get rid of it or bank it). I hung it up in the room on Sanctuary to get rid of it.

I never knew you could hang it on the wall.

Good that they are adding mayhem level to the item cards. My bank is a mess at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New takedown is horribly broken it seems, feels like true takedown is enabled even when you have it switched off. Had to disable mayhem altogether. Now it's too easy. Who loves platforming sections in a FPS????? Yay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

New takedown is horribly broken it seems, feels like true takedown is enabled even when you have it switched off. Had to disable mayhem altogether. Now it's too easy. Who loves platforming sections in a FPS????? Yay :(

How are the checkpoints in this one? The poorly spaced checkpoints in Maliwan stopped me from playing it more than once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I had a go at the new takedown on Mayhem 7. I don't think it's doable in it's current state. Plus I kept falling off the map.

I got most of the way through solo with mayhem off , you know those platforms early on that fade in and out of view? Well theres more of them later on :mad:

I'm not at all happy you can wipe from a fall in this one given the platforming involved. Really puts me off playing it again. To be honest with the high level of difficulty on mayhem they could have done without starting over on death altogether.

I did actually manage to make it out of the first room on mayhem 10 but I was out of most ammo.

goon_magee wrote: »
    How are the checkpoints in this one? The poorly spaced checkpoints in Maliwan stopped me from playing it more than once or twice.

Pretty much the same as the last one. Made worse by the frequent risk of falling to your doom.

• Advertisement

DLC 3 sees the return of an old dear friend
    Unkempt Harold
    :)

Only really got my teeth into the DLC last night and it's enjoyable enough, probably my favorite so far in terms of the setting. Iron Bear is now viable to the point were I won't hop straight back out , he backs a serious wallop even on M10.

The OPQ system is so OP that it's still my go to weapon on level 60 M10, it doesn't care if the enemies have shields or armor it shreds them. Helped massively by the anointment "while under 50% health do 150% bonus rad damage" which Moze is always under.

They really do give you your moneys worth in these DLC's. I have just finished last week DLC's for Mafia 3 and Watch Dogs 2 and they do not last as long as the DLC's in this game. That is if you complete all missions and side missions and find the books etc...

I'm enjoying this DLC but taking my time as I started it on release day and then only played more today. Gave myself a break from gaming for a few days.

I was playing the last boss of the new DLC and my Xbox One X kept shutting down so I had to open up the console and replace the thermal paste. Hoped back in and no crashes since and beat the boss. It's mad my favourite gun is a level 53 while I'm level 60 and enemies are a higher level. Still wipes out enemies while in fade away. It's the wedding invitation sniper rifle.

Finished new DLC last night. It was alright. Final boss was bland as hell though. And I dont think I ever really switched from my OPQ gun throughout the DLC, as nothing else seems to come close to it at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I must get back into this, I have to play the 3rd DLC. Moved onto other games while waiting for the 3&4th DLC's to drop.

Nice. This definitely seems along the lines of Tiny Tina and Claptrap's DLCs. Could be a lot of fun.

That said, my enthusiasm for BL3 had dropped a lot. I just don't think they've gotten enough of the balance right with all the f*cking around with Mayhem modes and stuff, and the game just chucking legendaries at you all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement