Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I have around 100 Golden Keys :(
    Going to be annoying redeeming them all before getting PS5 version

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1326619299084079104?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just got my Series X and never realized there was a free upgrade for One X owners. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I have around 100 Golden Keys :(
    Going to be annoying redeeming them all before getting PS5 version

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1326619299084079104?s=19

There's almost zero need to use the Golden Keys once you're in endgame content. Legendaries are too plentiful through normal gameplay even on lower Mayhem modes that the chest is pretty much redundant, especially since you have to take the items from the chest to make it close agian meaning you'll spend a lot of time in the inventory dropping or selling weapons.

Penn wrote: »
    There's almost zero need to use the Golden Keys once you're in endgame content. Legendaries are too plentiful through normal gameplay even on lower Mayhem modes that the chest is pretty much redundant, especially since you have to take the items from the chest to make it close agian meaning you'll spend a lot of time in the inventory dropping or selling weapons.

I have a tonne of keys but don't care about losing them as they are pointless all I ever got was purple from there and the legendary's drop so often just playing the game. Someone said it already in this thread but they should bring out a new type that is rare as it would make you try hard to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I have a tonne of keys but don't care about losing them as they are pointless all I ever got was purple from there and the legendary's drop so often just playing the game. Someone said it already in this thread but they should bring out a new type that is rare as it would make you try hard to get them.

Yeah might just leave them, never got anything good. Was only really using them to make some cash to use towards upgrades

• Advertisement

Yeah might just leave them, never got anything good. Was only really using them to make some cash to use towards upgrades

Quicker to use a purple Atlas nade with the money and tracker perks eg Money Pounding Tracker etc. Easy to farm in the vending machines. Doesn't even need to kill, it drops money on impact so the recurring kind is even better.

Damn decided to boot this up on my new Xbox Series X and a massive 61.66GB update and I have a slow internet connection like really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to go back playing this. Played it on release on the PS4, then played it during the summer on the XB1 and now all the season pass content will be played on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Did anyone bother with the new Season Pass? Verdicts on Arms Race if so?

I haven't bought in myself. I just don't understand Gearbox's line of thinking on this content release. Push out 4 new skill trees, along with a mode that prevents you from using your skill trees....absolutely baffling logic and has pretty much killed any enthusiasm I had to continue playing.

Even Paul Tassi over at Forbes was extremely down on it, which doesn't bode well as his early impressions pieces on everything are almost always tainted by his early excitement over playing something new and are generally positive. The more he plays then, his articles tend to get more grounded I find, but with Arms Race he seems to have just instantly written it off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can't say I'm a big fan of it. The timer limiting you is kinda crappy, you get none of your skills that you've been using, some of the chests that are more likely to drop specific new legendaries are so far away that if you're playing solo it's rough managing to balance getting good enough guns to clear the spawns at them without just running out of time and dying to the murdercano or whatever it is.

• Advertisement

Nothing in Arms Race is much of a threat really even on M10. You can run passed everything to get to the chest you need. The enemies don't spawn in big enough numbers to be a problem and you don't need to beat the boss to get your loot out , just use one of the other extractors.

Was looking at the skill tree for Moze and thought a, b, or c might be useful but then I thought "to do what?" and there in lies the old problem with Borderlands, I can re-spec to use the new skill tree , farm gear and rerun the same old content I've run for the last year.

It's happened me with the other games too but has maybe happened sooner this time out when I realise that I'm playing the game for no real reason other than for gear to make existing content easier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Most of the chests are locked behind barriers and to get rid of them you have to kill all the enemies in that area.

Found they were only really a problem in the area you pull a switch to go underground as sometimes the tornado is coming or if they had shock weapons and melted your shield.

Wow this boots up so much quicker on Xbox series X. The really long claptrap loading screen is only there for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How does play in single player? Is the base game as good as 2? Is there cross play or any mention of that coming down the line?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How does play in single player? Is the base game as good as 2? Is there cross play or any mention of that coming down the line?

In a word NO unfortunately despite the fact that BL3 is vastly superior mechanically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fisher99

I adore the first and second parts, but my PC can't run the third one and I hope soon I will upgrade it and I'll try the last part of Borderlands!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

About to pull the trigger on the season pass, €30 on Xbox. Worth it?

The 4 new chapters look good.

Had finished base game last year and put it aside. Installed upgraded version on Series X and been playing all weekend.

Birneybau wrote: »

Had finished base game last year and put it aside. Installed upgraded version on Series X and been playing all weekend.

Are you talking about last years 4 DLC if so yes they are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Birneybau wrote: »

The season 1 dlc pack with the four campaign chapters are pretty good. Doesn't have that killer dlc like Assault on Dragons Keep or Claptastic Voyage, but theyre still pretty decent for that price.

The season 2 dlc doesn't really appeal to me at all. Doesn't seem that great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks folks. Yeah, Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Playing tru this again with the DLC to play.

Amara isnt as good as Flak imo, unless I unlock some better skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played both and found Amara much stronger. Flack does more damage but Amara is basically unkillable. Although I did pour a lot more time into Amara.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I played both and found Amara much stronger. Flack does more damage but Amara is basically unkillable. Although I did pour a lot more time into Amara.

Agree with this - Out of the four characters I found Amara to be the strongest. Built in the right way she basically becomes invincible, has fantastic crowd control and dishes out stupid damage if you spec into the elemental buffs.

Similarly though, I didn't put anywhere near as much time into any of the other characters so may be the case that I'd think differently with more time invested.

I chose Fl4k and all I know is my pet saved my ass 1000's of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Either you are all right and Amara is stronger or the game is easier this year.

Normal difficulty and just completed the last 3 missions without breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I played through a good bit of this (I think) on the Pro before I got the 5. The feckacting with the saves put me off for a while, but I eventually went to the bother of downloading it on the 4 and 5 and doing that. Played maybe an hour of if since. It just isn't calling me back, and if I do play it, I get bored verrrry quickly. Maybe it's the story part I'm on, maybe it gets better? I'm about an hour after the mission where you've to go to some gun makers mansion/area and unlock something. Can't even remember. Saying that, I still don't have the final perk, the one you use crystals or something for. So maybe I'm not that far in...

I played through a good bit of this (I think) on the Pro before I got the 5. The feckacting with the saves put me off for a while, but I eventually went to the bother of downloading it on the 4 and 5 and doing that. Played maybe an hour of if since. It just isn't calling me back, and if I do play it, I get bored verrrry quickly. Maybe it's the story part I'm on, maybe it gets better? I'm about an hour after the mission where you've to go to some gun makers mansion/area and unlock something. Can't even remember. Saying that, I still don't have the final perk, the one you use crystals or something for. So maybe I'm not that far in...

I enjoyed that area. Every where was lush vegetation in that part of the game world. And going through the mansions was fun also.

Advertisement