Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

jacothelad wrote: »
    He's not good enough now that they have signed Paddy McAllister...:D:D

Have they? Great move for McAllister if Oyonnax stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

That's Treviso gutted.

Are the Benettons pulling the plug on the funding?

Chris Czekaj going to Colomiers in ProD2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Chris Czekaj going to Colomiers in ProD2.

Very unfortunate player. Looked a cracking prospect till he suffered that horrific leg break against Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Biarritz have published their squad for next season, with Nick de Luca joining. Harinordoquy and Yachvili are not listed.
    neilmulvey wrote: »
    Harinordoquy is retiring apparently and Yachvili is rumoured to be off to Lyon

Via @RTErugby
    Former France scrum-half Dimitri Yachvili has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jarrad Hoeata going to Cardiff next season. Replacement for Copeland I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Three year deal. Hmmm.

Cracking player & will be IQ at the age of 27.....
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Jarrad Hoeata going to Cardiff next season. Replacement for Copeland I guess.

He was a 1-test (or thereabouts) wonder of the highest order. He's OK, but nothing to write home about, and not known for his discipline.

Montpellier president Mohad Altrad has confirmed the signings of Antoine Battut and Benjamin Fall from Racing Métro and Ben Mowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Peter Lydon is moving from Stade to London Scottish.

Victor Vito rumoured to be in Stade Francais' sight.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Victor Vito rumoured to be in Stade Francais' sight.

Always struck me in the lineout with his beautiful hands. Catching, controlling and passing perfectly to the SH with one hand over and over.

A very good all-rounder but I've not really considered him a big carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Morf wrote: »
    Always struck me in the lineout with his beautiful hands. Catching, controlling and passing perfectly to the SH with one hand over and over.

http://youtu.be/vflJi6ev69E?t=1h36m43s

His offload here is the best thing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

its_phil wrote: »
    Very unfortunate player. Looked a cracking prospect till he suffered that horrific leg break against Australia.

Yep that killed his momentum, wasn't he also cast aside by Cardiff when they signed lomu?

Excellent player...just couldn't translate it to the international stage for whatever reason, despite multiple opportunities. As you say couldn't bring raw aggression like Kaino or SOB, and that has cost him his Black jersey. Would be a great signing for SF though - covers 8 and 6, and very good in the lineout as you point out. Fast too, he first made his name at 7s rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Always struck me in the lineout with his beautiful hands.

Beautiful hands or not, I sincerely hope he apologised!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Beautiful hands or not, I sincerely hope he apologised!

They were so soft I was smitten by each caress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Another signing for Connacht. Tom McCartney from the Blues. Pat Lam is raiding his old Auckland team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

I see jason shoemark is leaving exeter. Always thought he was a good quality centre pity none of the provices looked at him...but at 33 he's a bit too old now

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Confirmed. Benji Marshall leaving Union to return to NRL. Mutual agreement with the Blues to end his contract

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Confirmed. Benji Marshall leaving Union to return to NRL. Mutual agreement with the Blues to end his contract

Ah that's disappointing. Thought he looked handy enough. Guess he just didn't enjoy it?

James Hook is apparently off to Japan. Where does that leave his World Cup hopes?

From a supporter's pov it's sad to see these good players go to a league that we can't watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

James Hook is apparently off to Japan. Where does that leave his World Cup hopes?

From a supporter's pov it's sad to see these good players go to a league that we can't watch!

Wales treated him like crap when he was in France. So presumably, no change.

errlloyd wrote: »

True but it's more or less a home World Cup that he is giving up on. Priestland surely can't be selected if he continues to be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

errlloyd wrote: »

i agree i would have loved if he was irish shame the direction his career has taken

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

True but it's more or less a home World Cup that he is giving up on. Priestland surely can't be selected if he continues to be rubbish.

Well apparently Mr Gatland wants Gareth Anscombe to cast his lot in with the land of his fathers mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm surprised it has taken this long for the Welsh to move for Anscombe, to be honest. It has been well known that he's Welsh qualified for a number of years now and that Wales have been struggling for a dominant outhalf. Anscombe might not be the best 10 in NZ but he'd be the best 10 in Wales.

Advertisement