Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

If you're currently a PAYG VF customer they don't care if you're young/ old I'm touching 60 no problems getting it

I'm over 60 and I'm having a lot of difficulty getting it. But no problems with the VF deal at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Anyone find the link to port over, the VF website keeps redirecting me away from this deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

eoinf wrote: »
    Anyone find the link to port over, the VF website keeps redirecting me away from this deal.

Just port over and then get the deal when it’s sorted, it’s just a matter of sending a text and then topping up to activate it

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just port over and then get the deal when it’s sorted, it’s just a matter of sending a text and then topping up to activate it

its the port over link i'm looking for, i must be looking in the wrong place as all i see are asking me to sign up to different plans.

eoinf wrote: »
    its the port over link i'm looking for, i must be looking in the wrong place as all i see are asking me to sign up to different plans.

I got my Vodafone sim in the shop, I ported over from post mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

got my free month for porting over. Took multiple live chats before getting a person with sufficient english to get it sorted after giving them the link to the deal they were offering

got my free month for porting over. Took multiple live chats before getting a person with sufficient english to get it sorted after giving them the link to the deal they were offering

Next time use the talk to section on here, I’ve found them very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Me too.

Just ported from virgin mobile and it took like 5 minutes.
    Coverage at home much better than it was with eir or tesco or virgin.

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭corks finest

Me too.

Just ported from virgin mobile and it took like 5 minutes.
    Coverage at home much better than it was with eir or tesco or virgin.

Tom
    Same here,I'm getting up to 50 plus MB

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

the 100mins isn't much i'm finding and I wouldn't be one for talking much on the phone

• Advertisement

the 100mins isn't much i'm finding and I wouldn't be one for talking much on the phone

Use WhatsApp or viber or FaceTime voice call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Really dependant on use I guess. Those days most of my voice calls are FaceTime audio and I usually don't use more than 10-20 minutes a month for cellular calls. Plus with unlimited calls on the weekend there still is an opportunity to make long calls.

But yes for someone who makes cellular call on week days on a regular basis it could be a problem.

I used 15 minutes last month and the rest were data calls but I’m an unsociable fecker and prefer texting anyway, shame Vodafone to Vodafone calls aren’t included

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I used 15 minutes last month and the rest were data calls but I’m an unsociable decker and prefer texting anyway, shame Vodafone to Vodafone calls aren’t included

I prefer the people who do my decking to be socialable so you'll never get my business. :pac:

Free at weekends plus data,,,,messenger is handy for calls

I used 15 minutes last month and the rest were data calls but I’m an unsociable decker and prefer texting anyway, shame Vodafone to Vodafone calls aren’t included

I prefer the people who do my decking to be socialable so you'll never get my business. :pac:
    Plenty of tea and sambos

Same I find it great, messenger/ Viber etc

I have the Spotify plan on this and noticed today it’s flooded with adverts which I’ve never had before, I’m sure the adverts are only for the free Spotify not the premium but maybe I’m wrong
    Anyone any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

I have the Spotify plan on this and noticed today it’s flooded with adverts which I’ve never had before, I’m sure the adverts are only for the free Spotify not the premium but maybe I’m wrong
    Anyone any ideas ?

Did you buy credit after the expiry of your last top-up?

You might have to reconfirm your sub with Spotify.

• Advertisement

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Did you buy credit after the expiry of your last top-up?

You might have to reconfirm your sub with Spotify.

It ran out for a day, I completely forgot about it
    How do I reconfirm with Spotify ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

It ran out for a day, I completely forgot about it
    How do I reconfirm with Spotify ?

Go here while using data on your phone (not WiFi)

https://offers.vodafone.com/new/ie

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    Go here while using data on your phone (not WiFi)

https://offers.vodafone.com/new/ie

Thanks very much for that, you made a 4 year old very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 paddyuibh

Hi Guys can anyone confirm or help on this.

In the Vodafone app in the offers section usually every Tuesday and Friday there's a new offer or threat.

Does anyone know or have same experience say if you haven't topped up recently or your offer isn't active that your offers Dont come in on the app? Or slow coming in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

paddyuibh wrote: »
    Hi Guys can anyone confirm or help on this.

In the Vodafone app in the offers section usually every Tuesday and Friday there's a new offer or threat.

Does anyone know or have same experience say if you haven't topped up recently or your offer isn't active that your offers Dont come in on the app? Or slow coming in?

Don’t think so that matters, I always see offers regardless of within Topup offer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

What’s the best way to go about getting this deal? I’m not a student or under 25. Currently with Eir pay as you go. I believe Vodafone x is still available until the end of feb. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Vwsham wrote: »
    What’s the best way to go about getting this deal? I’m not a student or under 25. Currently with Eir pay as you go. I believe Vodafone x is still available until the end of feb. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

Just switch, it's available to everyone now. Not just students.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Vwsham wrote: »

Go into Vodafone and ask for a sim and tell them you want to switch and they will port you over and it takes around half an hour,then text to join the Vodafone x plan and top up with €20 and you’re sorted

Go into Vodafone and ask for a sim and tell them you want to switch and they will port you over and it takes around half an hour,then text to join the Vodafone x plan and top up with €20 and you’re sorted

Excellent. Thank you very much

All the extras are here and the details to text wether you want sport or Spotify or weekend calls

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Currently with Eir pay as you go.

Is that not cheaper than the Vodafone X offer?

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »

Eir is s””t though

okidoki987 wrote: »

It’s supposed to be €15 per month (previous ID mobile customer) but to be honest my bills are coming in much closer to €30. Promo deal coming to an end soon anyway, so likely to be €40+ now, also Spotify sounds appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tizzy Dongue

Am a vodafone customer and have switched from bill pay to payg. Well I should have. Am out of contract and informed them 10 days before contract ended I wanted to switch. I have tried sending WEEKEND to 50222 but the message coming back says: I'm sorry, you seem to have the wrong keyword. If you are trying to sign up for one of our offers, check website for the right details.

Any idea what I am doing wrong please and thank you

Am a vodafone customer and have switched from bill pay to payg. Well I should have. Am out of contract and informed them 10 days before contract ended I wanted to switch. I have tried sending WEEKEND to 50222 but the message coming back says: I'm sorry, you seem to have the wrong keyword. If you are trying to sign up for one of our offers, check website for the right details.

Any idea what I am doing wrong please and thank you

Call them back as they probably haven’t switched you over, when I went to pay as you go they told me to call back in ten days with a PIN number and asked me why plan I wanted, I told them I didn’t want a plan as I was leaving the country for a while, rang back and got a nice man who confirmed I was now being switched to pay as you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

On 3 PAYG but absolutely no reception where I work. They have just put a vodafone mast in the area, so basically whats the best deal on vodafone?
    X or bill pay or ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ewj1978 wrote: »
    On 3 PAYG but absolutely no reception where I work. They have just put a vodafone mast in the area, so basically whats the best deal on vodafone?
    X or bill pay or ??

Vodafone X music or weekends

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

X or bill pay or ??
    X all day long,e20,29 GB , weekend I chose free data / calls all weekend,plus 100 minutes,plus messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

X or bill pay or ??

X all the way. Weekend specifically. If you choose music you are essentially valuing unlimited weekend calls texts and data at €5 when it is worth far more. Far better just to buy the Spotify add-on if needed

It's a rare offering from Vodafone - actual value

X all the way. Weekend specifically. If you choose music you are essentially valuing unlimited weekend calls texts and data at €5 when it is worth far more. Far better just to buy the Spotify add-on if needed

It's a rare offering from Vodafone - actual value

But that all depends how you use a phone, I have Spotify/music and the 20gb and texts are enough for me, I barely use any minutes between WhatsApp and face time/voice call on apple im covered

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭shovel

If you sign up for this, after the first top up ,do you have to top up every month or can you let it lapse for a while.
    I am thinking of using a second sim abroad only.
    So would sign up and top up and not top up till summer again
    Is there a time cut off

• Advertisement

shovel wrote: »
    If you sign up for this, after the first top up ,do you have to top up every month or can you let it lapse for a while.
    Is there a time cut off
    AFAIK you can let it lapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭biebiebie

shovel wrote: »
    Is there a time cut off

I have it and don't use it all the time. You still have the offer - whenever you top up by €20 it kicks in automatically.
    Note that you have to top up by €5 within 6 months or your SIM will be deactivated. However you can use that €5 for a 1GB data top-up if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

So if I do what you just proposed can I secure the X deal without proving them I am a student? And if the deal is available only till end of February what will happen after? Sorry for the stupid question but the deal sounds really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

in2dark wrote: »
    So if I do what you just proposed can I secure the X deal without proving them I am a student? And if the deal is available only till end of February what will happen after? Sorry for the stupid question but the deal sounds really good!
    You would still be on the plan even after February, if they do end it. Realistically they will not, I joined and it said it was ending the month laterzthat got pushed to November, then January, now February. Just legal stuff I tjink

You’re only texting a code to a number to join the Vodafone x plan you don’t need to prove anything to anyone
    Just ask the shop for a pay as you go sim as you want to change networks, leave the shop and text the code and then top up job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

You’re only texting a code to a number to join the Vodafone x plan you don’t need to prove anything to anyone
    Just ask the shop for a pay as you go sim as you want to change networks, leave the shop and text the code and then top up job done

What if i do it online? It says there is one month free on top...

No idea sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Good luck trying to get a free SIM online from Vodafone for this deal if you're changing over from another provider - there appears to be no viable link to obtain one unless paying for a contract or a phone.

I've asked in the Vodafone Talk To forum here on Boards and no answer was supplied. I wanted to order one for someone else, as I have the X deal myself and had recommended it. Seems you have to visit a Vodafone shop, unless they've fixed their website since?

I did mine in the VF shop Wilton,,e20 credit comes automatically within a few days

• Advertisement

I did mine in the VF shop Wilton,,e20 credit comes automatically within a few days

I got €20 credit free too but I didn’t know what it was for and this explains it, and I got credit for registering online with my Vodafone too

Advertisement