Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can't seem to put on weight and kind of using it as an excuse to not get back to exercise which I know will help everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eir Broadband down today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Normandy pork?

Great idea :). Even have all the bits & pieces that BBCfood say I should put into it.

TA that I didnt think of that myself 'n had to go crying to Bones about it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

A group walking 5 abreast on the footpath all with umbrellas. Have you no consideration for other pedestrians?

Also people eating smelly food on the bus. So inconsiderate.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    A group walking 5 abreast on the footpath all with umbrellas. Have you no consideration for other pedestrians?.....

If said group face oncomming traffic on adjacent road then I put this down as a Major A. Time to apply steel tip of umbrella to ankle of pedestrian :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

branie2 wrote: »
    Eir Broadband down today

Yea was downloading an update for the car sat nav when it went kaput.

The download is 28 GB so even with reasonably fast bb it takes an age.

About half done when it went and I managed to delete the bit I had :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Watching a video on Facebook and burnt the onions I was cooking and it wasn't even a good video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

0lddog wrote: »
    Great idea :). Even have all the bits & pieces that BBCfood say I should put into it.

TA that I didnt think of that myself 'n had to go crying to Bones about it. :p

:p I'm making it tomorrow myself 0lddog! Absolutely love Normandy pork. Haven't made it in a while so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a lovely new candle that I can't bring myself to light. I keep opening the box and sniffing it, the box is so pretty and it smells so nice, but if I light it that's it on the way to being gone. Knowing I am a weirdo is a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Rubberlegs wrote:
    I have a lovely new candle that I can't bring myself to light. I keep opening the box and sniffing it, the box is so pretty and it smells so nice, but if I light it that's it on the way to being gone. Knowing I am a weirdo is a TA.

I got a gorgeous candle as a present 5 years ago and I've still not lit it because it's too pretty to ruin!

• Advertisement

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    KatW4 wrote: »
    I got a gorgeous candle as a present 5 years ago and I've still not lit it because it's too pretty to ruin!

Light the candles!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Watching any nature documentary that isn't narrated by David Attenborough just feels wrong.

It's 8.30 on Saturday night and I'm in bed the last hour watching Mr Mercedes. I am officially OLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭jace_da_face

Phone videos shot in portrait. How to loose about 70% screen real estate? I mean please Youtubers!

463738.png

Watching any nature documentary that isn't narrated by David Attenborough just feels wrong.

Old peoples voices are a TA to me. Guess I'm just old and cranky.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Wanting a chinese takeaway and having no money to buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Speaking from experience are you:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA my right eye has been a little blurry all day . I kept cleaning my glasses thinking that was the problem .
    Daughter called in earlier and asked why my eye was all puffy/swollen .

That explains it , although now I don't know why it's puffy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

You're not a weirdo, Rubberlegs. I have expensive lotions (gifts) that I consider too good to use. Daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Big TA is my ancient laptop, on the way out after 7 years. The thoughts of trying to understand Windows whatever is out now is scaring me. I like my Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Had a Biro in my hand one minute writing something. Next minute it has just vanished, flew off into Outer Space, never to be seen again. :rolleyes: Now I have to leave my cosy spot and get up and go get another Biro. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had a Biro in my hand one minute writing something. Next minute it has just vanished, flew off into Outer Space, never to be seen again. :rolleyes:

It's probably with my other sock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

madmaggie wrote: »
    Big TA is my ancient laptop, on the way out after 7 years. The thoughts of trying to understand Windows whatever is out now is scaring me. I like my Windows 7.

The higher storage requirements to properly run Windows 10 took my budget out of the running for a new laptop. Settled for a Chromebook, gets me online (and that's about it)... Samsung's wearing out after only 16 months.

Expensive technology = ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

madmaggie wrote: »

Windows 10 can take a little while to get used to.. but you can always download "classic shell" onto a laptop of you purchase.
    It makes the layout look like windows 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Yea was downloading an update for the car sat nav when it went kaput.

The download is 28 GB so even with reasonably fast bb it takes an age.

About half done when it went and I managed to delete the bit I had :mad:

Wish sites would use torrents for large downloads. Then the download could simply pick up where it let off when you get back online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Wish sites would use torrents for large downloads. Then the download could simply pick up where it let off when you get back online.

Well it does tbh but I was getting annoyed by the pop ups saying errors/check connection that I closed it which deleted the download. I'd prefer if it just gave the option to get updates for Ireland.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not really trivial but the lack of focus on the problem of elderly drivers. Seem to get a free pass because everyone is complaining about young men driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when I'm playing some music tracks on Youtube, comments like "<some TV show> brought me here" and "Who's listening to this in 2018 ?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not really trivial but the lack of focus on the problem of elderly drivers. Seem to get a free pass because everyone is complaining about young men driving.

+ I "almost met" an elderly driver driving the wrong way up the slip road onto a 120kmh HQDC. They would have had to have either done a U-turn on the HQDC or driven at least 2km the wrong way up the HQDC from the next junction to get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Noisy, lawn mowing, hammering , assholes on a Sunday morning!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    lawn mowing

hammering assholes on a Sunday morning!

Which is worse out of those two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Phone videos shot in portrait. How to loose about 70% screen real estate? I mean please Youtubers!
    Why haven't phone manufacturers fixed this yet? If I take a photo in portrait, I don't lose 70% so it should be the same for video. This issue annoys everyone so whatever phone company solves the problem first will take a lot from the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Opening credits 9 minutes into a TV episode
    "Last time on <TV series episode>"
    "Next time on ..."
    "Canned" laughter on comedy shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

When people put spoons upside down in the dishwasher thingy for washing...like with the handle facing up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Effects of the IVs wearing off already. Finished them on Monday and the joint and sinus pain started up again on Friday. Ah well, those were a nice few illness free days :p

Anyone that refers to children as ''smallies''.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Go out and slit their throat. I fcuking hate noisey outdoor Sunday work.

Snapchats that have text on them that only stay on the screen for 2 or 3 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The fact tv3 can’t go a wet week without hawking out the same fcuking shlte viewing. The Snapper, Circle of Friends, and the rest of the bargain bin shlte they regularly regurgitate.

Also, left my jacket in the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

For me, it's worse hearing that on a Saturday morning. Occasionally I'll have a lie-in on a Saturday but never ever on a Sunday*.

* Unless it's a bank holiday weekend.

Meeting my HOT neighbour for the 1st time getting chatting about his dog. Then met the GF.. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being rudely awoken from a nap by a whisper *cross face*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The cringe of those Dolmio ads. What must Italian people think of them? It'd be like an ad on the telly in Italy for genuine Bacon and Cabbage thats sold in a can, and a family of Irish people with bright red hair and no teeth sitting around going, "be gorrah, shur jaysus tis great shtuff, cabbage out of a can"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

****ed up my back yesterday. No no, I wasn't windsurfing or running in a marathon. Just sitting round my kitchen table with friends. In agony with the ****er today. How can a person just put out their back by sitting down?

Boots charge for in-store delivery. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Fcuking toothache and nurofen isn’t taking the edge off it at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Easy reseal packaging.

It's all well and go to have it easy to reseal, but why is it like Fort Knox to open in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Websites that use white text on black background. Pain in the arse to read.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement