Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Car launches this week:

Tomorrow the 2nd: Alpine and Mercedes.

Wednesday the 3rd: Aston Martin and Haas.

Friday the 5th: Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Car launches this week:

Tomorrow the 2nd: Alpine and Mercedes.

Wednesday the 3rd: Aston Martin and Haas.

Friday the 5th: Williams.

I have to say of them the ones I am most looking forward to seeing are the Alpine and the Aston Martin.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Haas have will not develop their 2021 car after the Bahrain test, instead focusing solely on 2022.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-risk-development-2021-car-steiner/5530487/amp/

Whilst I'm sure most teams will have this approach, its even riskier for Hass given the tight margins between them & Williams. As I said previously in this thread, Haas has two rookies, versus Williams with a driver in his 3rd F1 season and a driver in his 2nd season. Experience counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Gary Anderson made a good point for developing even if the season is lost. If you don't understand why your car underperforms how to do you want to stop this design flaws?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Haas have will not develop their 2021 car after the Bahrain test, instead focusing solely on 2022.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-risk-development-2021-car-steiner/5530487/amp/

Whilst I'm sure most teams will have this approach, its even riskier for Hass given the tight margins between them & Williams. As I said previously in this thread, Haas has two rookies, versus Williams with a driver in his 3rd F1 season and a driver in his 2nd season. Experience counts.

True enough but Grosjean and to a lesser extent Magnusson were less than spectacular even allowing for a crap car . Magnusson was popular with the lads working in the team at races at least. Grosjean tested Indy car 2 days ago , very visible scarring on his hand but he went well and liked the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Interesting comments that the RB engine from Honda is the latest version which was originally due for 2022 with the new car shape. Hopefully it is comparable to Mercedes.

https://youtu.be/ds5BonkqpBs

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Ms

Interesting comments that the RB engine from Honda is the latest version which was originally due for 2022 with the new car shape. Hopefully it is comparable to Mercedes.

https://youtu.be/ds5BonkqpBs

That's right. Honda went all out with this engine. So hopefully it will be a big improvement and Red Bull can give Mercedes some sleepless nights.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

AMKC wrote: »
    That's right. Honda went all out with this engine. So hopefully it will be a big improvement and Red Bull can give Mercedes some sleepless nights.

Knowing hondas recent history in f1, this engine will likely prove to be unreliable for most of this season then become the class of the field towards the end of the year and bring the title to red bull next year.

Mercedes launch: 11am today.

Alpine launch: 3pm today.

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1366676261456674817

It looks like a newer livery. Gone are the Merc stars.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I assume the star for Lauda is somewhere amongst the black still.

Great design, except the AMG spam

pjohnson wrote: »
    I assume the star for Lauda is somewhere amongst the black still.

Yes - closer to the headrest of the driver, somewhere between where the halo meets the chasis and the air intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Pen Rua wrote: »

Very little Mercedes branding, Show that to a casual and they wouldn't know what team it is

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Very much an AMG livery, rather than a Mercedes one. Looks very nice though

Ms

Its definitely brighter than the last black car Mercedes had. I wonder are Mercedes thinking of doing a Renault and just branding the team as AMG F1.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Silver at the back around engine is not a coincidence. Black paint absorbs heat from sun rather than reflect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Looks like Tron is about to enter the game.

• Advertisement

racefansdotnet-21-03-02-15-16-23-3-1536x864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Now that is a nice livery. Lovely colour.
    Much better than the Mercedes one from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Definitely the best launch this year so far. Only thing wrong is the name A521. Was it named after the road in Stoke on Trent?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

recyclebin wrote: »
    Definitely the best launch this year so far. Only thing wrong is the name A521. Was it named after the road in Stoke on Trent?

I kinda wish they would name them something interesting rather than giving them a manufacturing number. The Jordan Buzzin Hornet was great. It gave the car loads of personality (granted it was really only to get around the prohibition on cigarette branding).

The "Alpine Mountain Wolf" would be a cool car.

Ms

A beauty. Best looking car so far. Can't wait to see it on the track.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Eve9Kr0WgAAJnCa?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

This is a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Daniil Kvyat signed on as their reserve driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,857 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone familiar with this dilemma?
    I like it, I'm just not sure if I €100 like it.
    https://www.mclarenstore.com/en/mclaren-f1-2021-team-hoodie/701206580-antracit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

You all sound like women at a fashion show , it doesn't matter a rattlin' fruck what they look like , how will they corner and handle ? how will they drive ? who ( beside Verstappen , Hamilton, Leclerc , Russell etc ) will ring the bejasis out of their necks and tame the bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

robinwing wrote: »
    You all sound like women at a fashion show , it doesn't matter a rattlin' fruck what they look like , how will they corner and handle ? how will they drive ? who ( beside Verstappen , Hamilton, Leclerc , Russell etc ) will ring the bejasis out of their necks and tame the bastards

Ah, shur, what else is there to get excited about in the off-season?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement