Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this dilemma?
    I like it, I'm just not sure if I €100 like it.
    https://www.mclarenstore.com/en/mclaren-f1-2021-team-hoodie/701206580-antracit.html

As the saying goes: If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all....

I had a neighbour who had a whole selection of Mclaren gear gong back to the West cigarettes days in the late 90s. he used wash them all together for some reason so they all hung on the line together. He can get his old Mclaren Mercedes gear back out. The black and white gear was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this dilemma?
    I like it, I'm just not sure if I €100 like it.
    https://www.mclarenstore.com/en/mclaren-f1-2021-team-hoodie/701206580-antracit.html

Wait till after the 2021 season, it might be reduced a bit then. I always get the polo shirt the year after since they're discounted about about 20€ typically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

That Alpine car is a thing of beauty.

Williams will launch their car on Friday at 2pm using an AR app they have released.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/1366782493173706761

• Registered Users Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

robinwing wrote: »
    You all sound like women at a fashion show , it doesn't matter a rattlin' fruck what they look like , how will they corner and handle ? how will they drive ? who ( beside Verstappen , Hamilton, Leclerc , Russell etc ) will ring the bejasis out of their necks and tame the bastards

Alonso certainly will. He is the king of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭kksaints

As the saying goes: If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all....

I had a neighbour who had a whole selection of Mclaren gear gong back to the West cigarettes days in the late 90s. he used wash them all together for some reason so they all hung on the line together. He can get his old Mclaren Mercedes gear back out. The black and white gear was nice.

Were West cigarettes ever available in Ireland? I don't recall ever seeing the boxes.

kksaints wrote: »
    Were West cigarettes ever available in Ireland? I don't recall ever seeing the boxes.

Good question. I think I only remember seeing them out foreign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

kksaints wrote: »

When i was in Swansea in 2000/1 they were on sale there, never in Ireland. Just like 555. Lucky Strike did sell here.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭barryribs

When i was in Swansea in 2000/1 they were on sale there, never in Ireland. Just like 555. Lucky Strike did sell here.

I got a pack of west in 99/00 in a tobacconist, not great. Im nearly certain they had the irish duty stamp, but they had mika on the box. Got 555 off a chinese guy I used work with in 2001, never saw them in europe. They taste exactly like you'd expect chinese cigarettes to taste.

Merc is lovely, but alpine is on another level. Best looking car by miles so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Alpine livery is my favourite, don't think it can be beaten. Looking forward to seeing it under natural light at pre season testing which begins on Friday week.

• Advertisement
    Ms

So Red Bulls Christian Horner has said the reason this years car is called the RB16B is because it was more honest to say that as its last years chassis for this years car. Next years car will be called the RB18 so there will never be an RB17.

The Aston Martin F1 car premieres at 3:15pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Phew, its green!

156387383_10158927804867936_4706791717948773402_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=3&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=c3ksIJa38mMAX9RerQr&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&tp=6&oh=cb665fc7d09898757bc8883c19cd8fbe&oe=60655142

The pink does not work.

Ms

Anjobe wrote: »
    Phew, its green!

156387383_10158927804867936_4706791717948773402_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=3&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=c3ksIJa38mMAX9RerQr&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&tp=6&oh=cb665fc7d09898757bc8883c19cd8fbe&oe=60655142

It's ok a bit dull do. I seen better renderings on Facebook by Tim something or other.
    BWT barely noticeable now bar for anyone who knows they are there. Must have got a better deal maybe pay less to still have there sponsorship on the car as it's less noticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Anjobe wrote: »
    Phew, its green!

Some other take outs from the launch:
      1. Laurence Stroll is not a natural presenter
      2. Vettel is hiding his receding hairline under a cap
      3. Did Stroll say they were debuting a new AM "wings" logo, cos I can't see a difference?

Look at those bumps on the engine cover.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I was just about to check if they're on the Mercedes too. Hard to tell on the Mercedes..

Edit: The Mercedes has the same thing. It's a bit less pronounced on the Mercedes.

See here
      https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1366697351755218945

Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I wonder what's that's about.

Quote:
      The Mercedes has the same thing. It's a bit less pronounced on the Mercedes.Quote

The Mercedes certainly hides it better than the Aston Martin alright. I guess that means there has been some significant change to the Mercedes engine. I wonder does the McLaren car have it and will the William's car have it

OSI wrote: »
      It's not bad, not amazing, not terrible. They've integrated the pink pretty well. But I was really hoping it'd be more in line with their WEC liveries, which look fricking amazing.

The BWT deal was so late, it was probably a last minute change.

Decal Spotters did a mock up.

https://twitter.com/decalspotters/status/1367131399916953600

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭robinwing

It's not bad, not amazing, not terrible. They've integrated the pink pretty well. But I was really hoping it'd be more in line with their WEC liveries, which look fricking amazing.

The colour is very close match to the Aston Martin DBR 1/2 which won Le Mans 24 hrs. That car was a winner . Vettel should bare his bald pate so he would be a very "close match" to Stirling Moss. FFS . Moss won at Dundrod twice in the DBR1. Notice Lance Stroll was introduced first " and Sebastian Vettel". Vettel will try as hard as Ricciardo at McLaren to put the skids under young Stroll. Netflix have new F1 starting 19th March . These car intros and a butthole pain, clones . Almost expect Ricky Gervais to walk out

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Underwhelming a bit. You can see the pink was a rush job, the neon green above is much better.

Having said that, it has parts from the 2020 Merc so it should be fairly quick. I think they have copied over the rear suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

EvkYL7wXEAQvzRj?format=jpg&name=large

Up close the green is a bit more vibrant. It should look pretty nice on track!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I think it looks good looking forward to seeing Seb5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Underwhelming a bit. You can see the pink was a rush job, the neon green above is much better.

Having said that, it has parts from the 2020 Merc so it should be fairly quick. I think they have copied over the rear suspension.

I thought it looked nice to be fair,
      The rear suspension was brought over from last years merc. This was already announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I think the AM looks cool. I might cheer a bit for Seb this year. Alonso's my main man though. Max and Sainz bringing up the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Sorry if posted already but it’s nice seeing the lighthearted Seb again, and he sounds motivated.

You could tell he wasn’t enjoying life with Ferrari towards the end and he’s been very upfront about it not being the success he wanted.

Would love to see him competing at the top again but who knows until they get out there.

Regardless of people’s opinions of him he’s going down as one of the most memorable and successful drivers and it was tough seeing his slump. Would absolutely love to see him back in the mix.

[url] https://youtu.be/HW4UN5E0HR4[/url]

Also green suits him!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I have to say, the Mercedes-Benz launch was the most interesting so far. I presume whoever hired the Channel 4 production team to orchestrate the TV programme won't be back next year. All the other launches had people like Natalie Pinkham, Lee McKenzie and Bond girl Gemma Arterton asking the usual generic questions, "Are you excited?, what are you hoping for this year etc"
      Steve Jones pretty much acting as the C4 anchor "Toto, what are you going to do at the end of the year with no drivers, Lewis Why just the one year?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

People wont believe you when you say Haas is an American team looking at that car

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I wonder where Haas’ money is coming from this year.... 🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺

https://twitter.com/haasf1team/status/1367386180388593664?s=21

Daddy Mazepin REALLY had to quadruple down to get his son to the grid.

Jaysus.

• Advertisement

Haas inc feat. from Russia with love.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement