Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media Deal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭micks_address

easiest conversation ever.. already have broadband on phone.. only one month into 12 month contract paying 45 a month.. phoned the loyalty number.. they offered me 20 euro a month off for the next four months... had to go on a new 12 month contract but seeing as i'm only after starting one didnt really matter :) Happy days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Im thinking of getting this unlimited broadband plus phone plus horizon tv for 35 a month and then 90 for last 6 months of 18 month contract-would boards heads recommend this-I would be new customer -is there better options out there

cheers for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

Just rang the 1890 940070 number and although the sales chap couldn't give me the €25 offer, he put me through to the loyalty team once i mentioned i was "a loyal customer" (of all of 2 years!). They confirmed my details and a sales guy (from cork) rang me back an hour later to put the deal through. I didn;t even have to haggle with them.
    €25 for phone, bb, and horizon max tv - i was already paying €50 for just the bb and phone.
    and it was definitely a 12 month contract with no price changes during it.
    So, saved enough to afford the lenova yoga 2 that i bought last week after another great BA! :-)

thanks again op!
    sw

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this is no but has anyone managed to this deal who is still in contract?

Im on the 45 phone and broadband deal and i got 6mths half price , 6mths full price. think im in contract until next april. presume there's no chance of me getting this deal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

lowbatt07 wrote:
    Im on the 45 phone and broadband deal and i got 6mths half price , 6mths full price. think im in contract until next april. presume there's no chance of me getting this deal?

I am going to try it saying i want TV....worth a punt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Hooked

I was out of contract since jan, rang the 1890 number... Asked for the loyalty dept - and explained I was with them 9 years.

After 'mike' had a chat with his manager, I was offered 25 a month for 12 months and 6 months at what I'm currently paying. I pushed for 12 months, they weren't budging, so I took it.

Sure I'm not going to move anyway (broadband is v good and badly needed) so instead of complaining about the 18 month contract, I'm more concerned about the almost 600 quid I've just saved.

Happy out! Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭breeno

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this is no but has anyone managed to this deal who is still in contract?

I was in contract until next February on BB only. I was due to go from 30 a month to 40 as my original offer was expiring in August. Surprised they gave me the new 25 quid offer but I'm delighted. 12 month contract as I'm an existing customer, contract sent by email confirms it's only 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

breeno wrote: »
    I was in contract until next February on BB only. I was due to go from 30 a month to 40 as my original offer was expiring in August. Surprised they gave me the new 25 quid offer but I'm delighted. 12 month contract as I'm an existing customer, contract sent by email confirms it's only 12 months.
    Did you get TV also. I'm in the same boat but don't really want/need the tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Got my Horizon TV box yesterday didn't really need the tv part of the deal but you can't turn down €25 a month for BB + phone and tv on top of that.

The horizon tv is fine nothing amazing. I dont watch much tv as it is and I have freesat already. After the 12 months I'll be canceling the TV part for sure.

One good thing it has done is improved the Wifi signal in my house it is much better with this Horizon box which I was very surprised by.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Very tempted by this offer, however I'm currently on the 240mb BB & Phone package @ €45pm.

If I was to take this deal and wanted to go back to the package I'm currently on once the 12 month discount runs out on the TV & BB package, I most likely wouldn't be able to get on the €45pm deal I'm on now as this package has increased to €55pm since I signed up.

Also, I only signed up in March and my deal was for 4 months half price, which is just up now.. so I'm thinking I'd hardly get another 12 months TV & BB at half price seeing as I'm not long into this contract?

Very confusing but I'm oh so tempted..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭new2sat

I took the €35 pm (240Mb Mobile World and Horizon Max TV ) offer on Wednesday July 1st.

Couple of things - heads up

1. First Horizon box delivered on Thursday failed to find the UPC network. So I rang in and in fairness they had a second box for swap out next day.

2. Just checked with UPC accounts department, apparently I will owe them €93.50 (will be the pm charge) at next bill with the new package I now have with them. So I inform them that there is a mistake with that.

Should be sorted, but I'll be checking back in early August.

You may, if you have taken up this offer, want to check that your account has been amended to reflect same.

Also they seem to be doing their utmost not to give this offer without going through hoops. My sis-in-law tried in vain to get the same offer but UPC sales having none of it. She only has TV with them but willing to move from Eircom phone and bb.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Currently 4 month into a 12 month contract for 120mb broadband and phone.

Paying 30 a month for 6 months a then it was going up to 40 a month. I dropped tv that I had previously.

Called up looking for the offer and was told outbound could only apply it and I was passed over to them

I got...
    240mb broadband
    Phone (never used)
    Horizon max TV

25 euro a month 12 month contact.

No arguments. No fighting. No begging. It was the first thing he offered me!

So paying less. For more!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

I was on the phone with the loyalty team and they refused to sign me for a new 12 months contract at 25€ explaining that this is available only for new customer. I entered 2 months ago into a new contract with them (6 months half price and 6 months full price)
    I will try again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

brightkane wrote: »
    Currently 4 month into a 12 month contract for 120mb broadband and phone.

Paying 30 a month for 6 months a then it was going up to 40 a month. I dropped tv that I had previously.

Called up looking for the offer and was told outbound could only apply it and I was passed over to them

I got...
    240mb broadband
    Phone (never used)
    Horizon max TV

25 euro a month 12 month contact.

No arguments. No fighting. No begging. It was the first thing he offered me!

So paying less. For more!

Just wondering what number did you call , and what department made that offer ?

Just wondering what number did you call , and what department made that offer ?

Called loyalty and they transferred me through to an outbound rep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

couldn't get the 25 a month offer

currently 120mb +phone at 45 a month

was offered 35 for 6 months with a speed upgrade and then 40 a month for 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Was on 120mb broadband and horizion TV for 75 - 10th month of a 12 month contract.

Rang an got TV and 240mb broadband and (a slightly worse tv package) for half price for 6 months (37.50) then back to 75 for next 6 months - rang the loyalty team direct 061272190 after having no luck with the 1890 number earlier.

Was first thing she offered me after I asked for 35 euro offer for 12 months but I didn'thave the heart to haggle any more than that. I'm in an apartment block wired for UPC so don't think I really have too many other options in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

rob316 wrote: »
    Guy from UPC just rang me there, offered me HD TV, 240mb B/B and Home Phone for €35 per month for 12 months.

I have broadband and phone already from them for €45 per month so this seemed like a no brainer.

Anyone else get it?
    if it's horizion box stay with what you have...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

j4vier wrote: »
    couldn't get the 25 a month offer

currently 120mb +phone at 45 a month

was offered 35 for 6 months with a speed upgrade and then 40 a month for 6 months

same here , no luck with 25Euro 12 month contract at all

• Advertisement

also they rang me back saying the speed upgrade would change me to a limited download package!

so i said no thanks, I'm staying as I am and I'll be ringing them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Been on 120mb & Phone for €40 for years now and rang up the 1890 number today asking for Loyalty Dept.

First girl wasn't very helpful and could only offer €22.50 for first 6 months, and €45 for next 6 months for what I'm already getting on a 12-months contract.

Rang back 5 mins later, got put through to a very pleasant Nikki person. She said the €25 deal actually ran out yesterday but she'll see what she can do.

Called me back no longer than 90 seconds later and offered the Broadband, Phone & TV for €25 a 12 months contract.
    New box getting delivered tomorrow.
    Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Been on twice today. Currently on 200Mb BB, Anytime World phone & Horizon Max. With one multi-room it's costing me over €90 per month.

First call to 1890 number sounded like I'd been routed through a foreign call centre. Line dropped after holding for close on 20 minutes.

Rang the 061272190 number and was initially offered a €15 per month discount which I laughed at. They came back seconds later having "looked into it" and offered me €42.50 a month for 6 months on my current package with a 12 month contract.

Not at all happy. Will try again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I'm a few months into a "half-price for 4 months" contract for 120 meg broadband and phone. I had the TV service but cancelled it when I took out the new contract a few months back.

I rang a few weeks back about this new offer but got nowhere so I decided to give it another go tonight. It took a fair bit of haggling but I finally got the €25 deal for 12 months but with an 18 month contract so €80 for the remaining 6 months. The girl I spoke to initially didn't offer me anything, saying the €25 deals were for new customers only.

So I mentioned the fact I was a longtime customer, the Boards thread, Jesus and Allah and she moved a bit but not enough. She eventually went to speak to her manager and came back with the offer I outlined above. The "negotiation" took about 20 mins in total. I didn't push for the 12 months only as I really think this was the final offer. Also, the webpage with the offers now says "An 18 month contract applies to customers taking a discounted offer. Otherwise a 12 month contract applies".

Everything was a struggle. I wanted to keep my existing modem as most people say the horizon box is sh!te and she told me there would be charge for that:(. She changed her mind, though;)

I'm happy enough as I'll be paying less over the next 12 months than I would have been paying. I reckon the savings I'll make in the 12 months will pay for the 6 months at full price plus I'll get faster broadband and TV.

I noticed an interesting point in the confirmation email I got from them i.e.

A €10 downgrade administration fee will be applied anytime you downgrade an element of your service when you are within your contract

I take it I can downgrade my service after the 12 months for €10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

thinking of getting this deal 35 a month for all 3

i havent that white box on the wall for connection do i need that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

It looks like 240 Mb is the new minimum speed on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

podge3 wrote: »
    I'm a few months into a "half-price for 4 months" contract for 120 meg broadband and phone. I had the TV service but cancelled it when I took out the new contract a few months back.

I rang a few weeks back about this new offer but got nowhere so I decided to give it another go tonight. It took a fair bit of haggling but I finally got the €25 deal for 12 months but with an 18 month contract so €80 for the remaining 6 months. The girl I spoke to initially didn't offer me anything, saying the €25 deals were for new customers only.

So I mentioned the fact I was a longtime customer, the Boards thread, Jesus and Allah and she moved a bit but not enough. She eventually went to speak to her manager and came back with the offer I outlined above. The "negotiation" took about 20 mins in total. I didn't push for the 12 months only as I really think this was the final offer. Also, the webpage with the offers now says "An 18 month contract applies to customers taking a discounted offer. Otherwise a 12 month contract applies".

Everything was a struggle. I wanted to keep my existing modem as most people say the horizon box is sh!te and she told me there would be charge for that:(. She changed her mind, though;)

I'm happy enough as I'll be paying less over the next 12 months than I would have been paying. I reckon the savings I'll make in the 12 months will pay for the 6 months at full price plus I'll get faster broadband and TV.

I noticed an interesting point in the confirmation email I got from them i.e.

A €10 downgrade administration fee will be applied anytime you downgrade an element of your service when you are within your contract

I take it I can downgrade my service after the 12 months for €10?

Did you get an answer for the downgrade admin fee outside boards? let us know if u get an update.
    trying to call upc and getting exact answer to things is a pain.. will be trying from my side as well

podge3 wrote:
    Everything was a struggle. I wanted to keep my existing modem as most people say the horizon box is sh!te and she told me there would be charge for that . She changed her mind, though

How will u watch TV without horizon box ??

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Did you get an answer for the downgrade admin fee outside boards? let us know if u get an update.
    No, its mentioned in the confirmation email.

I'll find out in 12 months time when I try and get rid of the TV service :D

tharmor wrote: »
    How will u watch TV without horizon box ??
    I'm still getting the Horizon box but using it for TV only.

In relation to the downgrade fee of 10 euro. I read it that you have to pay it when you downgrade and are still within contract. Anyone signing Up for 12 month contract can remove tv at the end with no fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Are U a New Customer for UPC ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi guys,

I'm currently paying €85 a month for high speed broadband and television. Surely there's a far better deal to be had, preferably while staying with UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm currently paying €85 a month for high speed broadband and television. Surely there's a far better deal to be had, preferably while staying with UPC?

Eircom offering bundle @€;25 & €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

I'm out of contract since June and am now paying €85 per month for all three services.

Rang customer loyalty a few weeks back and the best offer was €15 off per month.

Interestingly when I was on hold it said "existing customers could move to any of our great value bundles", but on speaking with sales they are only for new customers. Sales have no offers for existing customers.

Called customer loyalty again today and was offered 9 months half price with 3 months full price.

No luck in getting the €25/€35 12 month offer however.

Can anybody confirm if existing customers are getting the €25/€35 12 month offer for sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sono

Eircom offering bundle @€;25 & €35.

Their TV service is worse than UPC and that's saying something, remote and interface are absolutely atrocious

evostik wrote: »
    I'm out of contract since June and am now paying €85 per month for all three services.

Rang customer loyalty a few weeks back and the best offer was €15 off per month.

Interestingly when I was on hold it said "existing customers could move to any of our great value bundles", but on speaking with sales they are only for new customers. Sales have no offers for existing customers.

Called customer loyalty again today and was offered 9 months half price with 3 months full price.

Can anybody confirm if existing customers are getting the €25/€35 12 month offer for sure?

i couldn't get it

settled in the end for half price for 4 months

5 euro discounts for months 5 and 6

full price for the remaining 6 months

my package is bb + phone only

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ms vieria

Signed up to the €45 (20 off first 4 months) a month for broadband and phone in February. Had sacked off the TV as wasn't worth it.

Rang yesterday and had no joy on loyalty number. Rang again today and the guy gave me the €25 a month deal for 12 months. Said it will be €80 a month after 12 months then.

Worth it for me as I am saving 20 a month for next 8 months and will then downgrade or get a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I've been offered €25 for 6 months and then €45 for 6 months on a 12 month contract, for anytime world only. Should I take this or push for more?

offered 25 for 12 months horizon max tv with 18 month contract....did not take it...asked for 12 months but they did not agree....

ms vieria wrote:
    Rang yesterday and had no joy on loyalty number. Rang again today and the guy gave me the €25 a month deal for 12 months. Said it will be €80 a month after 12 months then.

Just check contract length....its 18 or 12 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Was in contract with UPC and my half price was due to expire this month. After been put through to the four corners of the globe. I finally got through to a nice guy in Limerick who after a bit of persuading gave me 37€ BB and TV of 9 mts puting it back up to 70€ after that. (I will give them a call after 9mths and get another deal :-) ) happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

Was in contract with UPC and my half price was due to expire this month. After been put through to the four corners of the globe. I finally got through to a nice guy in Limerick who after a bit of persuading gave me 37€ BB and TV of 9 mts puting it back up to 70€ after that. (I will give them a call after 9mths and get another deal :-) ) happy days

Got the same deal myself plus got two months free BT sports which is good timing for the McGregor fight on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Seems like UPC are only offering the €35 deals to those who don't have their triple play bundle. So if you only have broadband & Phone or TV only they'll cut a deal to move to triple play otherwise no hope of a €35 bundle.

http://www.upc.ie/existingcustomer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

Seems like UPC are only offering the €35 deals to those who don't have their triple play bundle. So if you only have broadband & Phone or TV only they'll cut a deal to move to triple play otherwise no hope of a €35 bundle.

http://www.upc.ie/existingcustomer/
    Ye im having no luck with them. Im out of Contract. With all 3 and iv said I will leave A d the will still not give me it. I don't see how they justify one customer on 35 and another on 75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They want you to leave or move off the triple play. Then come back in 12 months. Though if you get used to a box that works, you might not return to Horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

beauf wrote: »
    They want you to leave or move off the triple play. Then come back in 12 months. Though if you get used to a box that works, you might not return to Horizon.
    Ow I will leave and i wont be back sick to death every year having to fight with them to get a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

massy086 wrote: »
    Ye im having no luck with them. Im out of Contract. With all 3 and iv said I will leave A d the will still not give me it. I don't see how they justify one customer on 35 and another on 75

I was told before when I was haggling that they could see the list of previous discounts I had gotten and as a result of them I was not eligible for a discount then. Could be something similar here. Have you had alot of discounts overt the years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Ended up dropping the TV.
    So just have 200mb BB and phone.
    Bill down to 40 euro from 67.
    I think it may be cheaper (30 euro) for the first 6 month, the missus rang them not me :)

Happy with that.
    The TV was rubbish and I barely watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lfc1978

Having the same with them, very quick to get you off the phone without repeating the costs. I've had one guy say we're not getting the €25 deal and another saying we are. Do you think I can get a straight answer? Given they probably have the best BB around I was thinking of just keeping it and getting rid of TV, it's no wonder they're offering it for free for 12 months, it's terrible. Waiting for a call back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but I'm going to be signing up at the beginning of August and just wondering what's the best deal with them? Is the tv worth the extra cost or should I just go for broadband and phone? Thanks.

Advertisement