Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard to handle life right now.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Oh bear1 - I'm so sorry.

I read your first post a while ago, but I didn't follow the thread as it's a little close to my heart. I was thinking about you though, and then saw your post on another thread where you said what happened.

I've read through now and you've been amazing in your posts and there are a lot of people here who care. Like you said, this week will be the worst, but it will get better, and better. I promise you.

Wishing you and your wife and your children - and your future children(!) all the very best - and a virtual hug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Rest in peace little Jack, <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭minibear

bear1 I am so sorry.

For as long as necessary you need to just focus on your little family now. Do whatever it takes to get through the coming days and months. Christmas will be difficult and you might wonder about "celebrating" it this year. Personally I went ahead and decorated the house as much as ever. It somehow brought me a sense of peace. You might like to buy a special little bauble for the tree, to remember Jack. I do this each year. What a lovely idea of buying the sports car.

I know things are so brutally raw for you now and you are probably just getting through each day but I promise you that the pain will get easier to bear.

If there are any follow up appointments at the hospital or at a health centre you might want to arrange to be seen as quickly as possible. Rather than having to sit surrounded by mothers and babies because I remember I couldn't even look at a little baby for a long time.it just broke my heart. Also, when we had to go to register our sons death I rang ahead and we were seen quickly and dealt with efficiently, with sympathy and understanding. Don't forget to look up A Little Lifetime parents forum, you will be made very welcome there.

minibear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

RIP Jack Bear

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

RIP Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

i just came across this thread. My heart goes out to you. The only comfort is that even when in the womb the child was loved. And you will continue to cherish the memory of his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Hi Bear1 I'm sitting here in my kitchen thinking of you and your wife and family at little baby Jacks funeral today. I'm so sorry to hear that your beautiful little baby Jack has died. Life can be so cruel and I'm so sorry for all you and your wife have been through. May little baby Jack Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

RIP Jack.

To you and your wife and family Bear all I can offer you is my best wishes and I wish you peace.

It is a very tough loss to get through. Family members suffered such a loss (of twins at 22weeks in pregnancy) someyears ago. As a family we try and mention those babies names as easily as we do all our nieces and nephews.
    My own children were born after those boys and yet they know their names and they know how much those boys meant to all of us in the family.

I once heard someone ask the mother how she got though it and her reply simply was 'when you are in hell all you can do is keep going'

I wish you peace Bear and please be kind to yourself.

Every best wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Thinking of you and yours.

RIP little Jack bear.

• Advertisement

My deepest sympathies to you and your wife Bear, and to all of you who have experienced the loss of your baby.

Rest in Peace baby Jack xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bear1 wrote: »
    I've been off work now for a while which seems to be worse as I've nothing to take my mind off of things.
    Check out the Mens Sheds; it may help give your mind a break for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So I think I'll update this to reflect how things have gone.
    April 18th of this year we welcomed into the world our 2nd daugher, Sofia :)
    It's been a turbulent time from the death to when we decided to give it another go.
    She came in weighing a nice and healthy 3,04kg and not a hint of anything wrong with her. Her poos on the other hand worry the bejaysis out of me.
    Jack comes into our minds quite often but it's more now in a happier tone than one of sheer sadness.
    It's amazing how something that you've never held or seen can have such an impact on your life.
    Onwards and upwards from here on out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's been a turbulent time from the death to when we decided to give it another go.
    She came in weighing a nice and healthy 3,04kg and not a hint of anything wrong with her. Her poos on the other hand worry the bejaysis out of me.
    Jack comes into our minds quite often but it's more now in a happier tone than one of sheer sadness.
    It's amazing how something that you've never held or seen can have such an impact on your life.

Congratulations!

Delighted to hear things are on the up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congratulations Bear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Delighted a corner has been turned.

• Advertisement

Every best wish to you all bear.
    Im delighted for you.
    Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,383 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great news bear1. Hope you are all happy as you deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Delighted to hear that, Bear, you've had a tough time so it's great to hear that things are looking so much better now.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Thanks everyone :) a nice ending to a nightmare story.

Thanks everyone :) a nice ending to a nightmare story.

The best bits are all ahead of ye now. Enjoy Sofia (I just love the name)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Delighted for you.
    Congratulations and hugs to you and the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Love the name Sofia.
    Means wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Congratulations to you and to your family!
    And thank you for your update, sincerely. Always nice to hear some good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Congratulations on the new baby. I am glad to hear of your good news after what you and your wife have been through. Enjoy every minute with your little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Best to all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That's fantastic news bear!!
    Congratulations to you and the wife....and little Sofia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Wonderful news! Congratulations and the warmest regards to you and your loved ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

That is amazing news. Congrats to you all. You deserve a happy ending x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I remember your pain.
    Glad to hear Sofia arrived safely x

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

I'm so happy for you man, both your partner and mine went through the heartbreak of miscarriage at around the same time and now look, you have a baby girl and in three months.....

My partner and I will also have a baby girl, boardsie playdate. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just happened upon this thread tonight, having missed it when it first appeared.

It was a very very sad read, my heart goes out to you and your wife Bear, it must have been an awful time for you both. Sometimes it puts everything into perspective when you read about the hardships others have to endure.

But you both seem to have come out the other side ok. So happy to read that when you think of Jack you are no longer gripped by overwhelming sadness. I hope Sofia is doing well and your family is finding the time to heal and move on. It appears so.

As long as you all remember Jack, he'll never really be gone.

Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Bear after reading through all you've been through I'm beyond happy for you and your family. Jack will never be forgotten but Sofia is the sunshine after the storm. Give your wife a big hug from all of us boardsies and don't be shy with updates on how Sofia is doing. We can't wait to hear how she's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I too just came across this thread tonight. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Im delighted for you both that little sofia has joined your little family and i hope all four of you have a wonderfully happy life together. You deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Genuinely delighted for you Bear. Remember reading and commenting on this thread 2 years and trying to imagine what you were going through.

Fantastic news and many congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

A really nice update to a thread I hadn't seen before, great news after a tragic loss of a beautiful baby.

Most people probably won't know this but about 500 couples lose babies every year whether miscarriage, neo natal death. That's almost 3 times road deaths; it's a staggering amount of pain. Often a silent one; people often don't know what to say or how to grieve for dead babies.

Little Lifetimes and feileacain are two organisations which help couples in this situation.

Well done to OP for opening thread, father's are often forgotten with the loss of a baby or expected to be strong. Delighted you and your family have a new arrival

:)

I read this thread originally, heartbreaking.
    I read the update, twould bring a grown man to smile with eyes welling up.

Congratulations to ye all and Sofia will always have an older brother ..... do tell her about Jack in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well-hoofed Chief, and lady Bear and small Bears. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Brilliant news! Congrats to you all!

This thread should be a sticky.
    It shows what life can throw at you in all its pain and all its beauty.
    You just never know what others are going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Congratulations to everyone. So delighted to hear this great news:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭biketard

I'm so very happy for you, bear1. Thank you for the update. It's put a real smile on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

bear1 wrote:
    So I think I'll update this to reflect how things have gone. April 18th of this year we welcomed into the world our 2nd daugher, Sofia

Huge congratulations bear1. I'm so delighted for your family. You deserve all the happiness she brings. :)

Congrats Bear :) And congrats to Rob too!

This is so much more exciting than the birth of a royal baby. We have proper princesses right here in this thread.

Princess Sofia and Princess tbc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

thank you so much for the update, welcome to the world baby sofia

so so happy for you all.xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Congrats to you and yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Danny Donut

Bear I caught your first post a good while back. So glad you and the family are doing OK.

All the very best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

I'm happy for you and your family.

Advertisement