Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2019, 14:03   #1336
gazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloMN View Post
Irish solution to an Irish problem. Instead of addressing the anti-social behavior at the original stop, they re-route the bus adding maybe 10 mins plus at peak times to an already long journey. Total fail imo, never going to encourage people to use public transport with decisions like that.
Just reading about this. Ughhhh. After working all week in Dublin the last thing I need is extra journey time added onto my bus journey to Virginia.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2019, 13:56   #1337
gazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer View Post
Just reading about this. Ughhhh. After working all week in Dublin the last thing I need is extra journey time added onto my bus journey to Virginia.
Well it turns out I didnt need to worry. Even with the extra detour the 6.15 109x from Busarus got into Virginia for 7.55. Quickest time yet on that particular service. The M50 was having a good day
(2) thanks from:
18-03-2019, 15:04   #1338
Irish Steve

well, that was an interesting weekend away. We went over to the airport on Friday evening on the 109A, it was a good job we planned the journey with a lot of slack in our schedule, the 1840 from Ashbourne to the airport was 45 minutes late, given they are supposed to run every hour, that's some shambles, and in recent weeks, as a result of being around the town on a regular basis, I've noticed that there are regularly delays of 20 minutes on the service to the airport.

The only conclusion I can draw is that BE are short of staff, or suitable vehicles, or both, so they are running the 109A with at least 1 bus short, the timetable from Kells shows an hourly departure at X.40 for most of the day, and the arrival at Kells is supposedly at X.45, so in theory, they have nearly an hour lay over at Kells before the next round trip, and from what I can see of it, the arrival at 45 is effectively having to come straight back to Dublin with a delay of 5 minutes, and that's then assuming that it does arrive in Kells on time, which with the delays that are happening pretty much every day, is clearly not the case.

What's even more frustrating is that BE seem to have absolutely no interest or concern about the fact that their schedule performance is so bad. We were fortunate that we could allow for such a delay on Friday, but depending on the flight timing, and the time to clear security, that's not always possible, as was the case a few months ago, when the 0435 service was running a similar delay, arriving at the airport at 0540 for a 0630 departure was a non runner, so we ended up having to come home and drive over, in the end, we arrived at T1 as the bus was leaving Ashbourne, had we waited for the bus, we'd have been struggling to get on the flight.

Has anyone found a way to actually get the attention of BE and their system? Between their unreliability, and their inability to fix their web site so that it's actually possible to track where the buses are, they give the impression of an organisation that has no interest in actually meeting the expectations of their customers, and that for me is the quickest way to lose those customers.

If we had an alternative service provider from Ashbourne, I'd be certainly giving them a chance to prove their ability, as BE have made it very clear that they don't actually care about how they are performing. In theory, TFI and NTA are also involved, but they too are non responsive when issues are raised with them, which is not exactly the way it's supposed to be.
04-05-2019, 11:18   #1339
dar_cool

Send a message via MSN to dar_cool
I'm suppose to be traveling from Kells to Dublin airport on the 04:40 service tomorrow morning. Anyone know how reliable it is? After reading above posts I have my doubts. Anyone use the early morning service before?
Thanks
05-05-2019, 07:00   #1340
dar_cool

Send a message via MSN to dar_cool
Bus arrived on time and had us in Dublin airport few minutes before 6 so positive review from here. Bus was pretty full aswell so good to see it's being used
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-05-2019, 00:23   #1341
ArmaniJeanss

Struggling to follow the timetable/journey planner.

Looking to go Blanchardstown to Cavan next week.
Am I right in thinking the 109X is the option, and that it stops at the new stop outside the Crowne Plaza?
12-05-2019, 12:37   #1342
Geog1234

That's spot on, the 109X from the new stop to Cavan.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion