Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

djo789 wrote: »
    If You ship the items back with an Post as "Books" you will find the cost alot less :rolleyes:

Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

Why is that?

books for some reason attract a lower postage cost it been that way going back years ...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

Buying stuff now for 300 quid. If a coupon comes on in the next couple of days, I will not be a happy buachaill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

A tad bit of tread but, was in sports world yesterday and just could not believe the price of the trainers, there is no way I will be shopping in these shops any more, 16 euro runners on sports direct where 35 in sports world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sports world is very handy! Go there to find what size you need to order online from sportsdirect. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

upinthesky wrote: »
    A tad bit of tread but, was in sports world yesterday and just could not believe the price of the trainers, there is no way I will be shopping in these shops any more, 16 euro runners on sports direct where 35 in sports world!

Ya sure that's not just cause of the summer sales that are all on atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Ordered a hockey stick and a couple of small bits on Friday afternoon, got the stick today but I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow before I get the other things.

Happy with the stick but it had a barcode sticker on it (about 5x3cm) which was right on the blade and was a nightmare to remove, took me about half an hour. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

colossus-x wrote: »
    Ya sure that's not just cause of the summer sales that are all on atm.

Sure, they were nike trainers size 4 adult, you wouldn't get a cheaper brand for that price in sports world let alone Nike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Is the UK site different to the Irish site?
    Looking to buy two camping chairs but only see them on UK site

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

iggy wrote: »

I think the uk site has more on it, I was looking for the camping and fishing gear, couldnt get half of it on the irish site.

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »

I used the Irish site for a while but then noticed some things aren't available on it anymore so I was almost forced to make an account on the UK site. You can switch to € on it anyway so it's no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

GvidoR wrote: »
    Ordered a hockey stick and a couple of small bits on Friday afternoon, got the stick today but I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow before I get the other things.

Happy with the stick but it had a barcode sticker on it (about 5x3cm) which was right on the blade and was a nightmare to remove, took me about half an hour. :(

Ice hockey stick??

cena wrote: »
    Ice hockey stick??

Yes

Yes

What harm was the barcode where it was

What harm was the barcode where it was

It wasn't supposed to be there. The manufacturers make the blades for better hockey tape adhesion and that sticker kinda ruins that.

Yes

Just went the sticks. Should peel off. Had the same on my ccm stick. What team do you play for?

cena wrote: »
    Just went the sticks. Should peel off. Had the same on my ccm stick. What team do you play for?

There were a couple of stickers on it, and all of them peeled off easily except the barcode one on the blade which was a nightmare to take off.

Castlebar/Mayo inline, and yourself?

There were a couple of stickers on it, and all of them peeled off easily except the barcode one on the blade which was a nightmare to take off.

Castlebar/Mayo inline, and yourself?

None at the moment. I'm a level two iiihf ice hockey coach. Think I am the only one in the west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

That's a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

joujoujou wrote: »

Very good deal, but some not ideal for Ryanair carry on. Just a heads up.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-cabinbaggage/
    Cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

BAN HIM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's the issue?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What's the issue?

Worse than asking can you use an aldi voucher in tesco.

Bumping the thread getting everyone hopes up.

Should be ashamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Worse than asking can you use an aldi voucher in tesco.

Bumping the thread getting everyone hopes up.

Should be ashamed.

Indeed.

Not the first and won't be last to ask for a code here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

theres some great deals to be had on boots there, puma boots with studs (needed if you are going to be playing on one of those new fandagoed pitches) 16 pounds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

€12 voucher for every €60 spend until monday 31st

NATLOR wrote: »

Typical. This gets posted literally 2 hours after I spend over 300 quid! Is there a voucher code? I can't find this deal anywhere.

I wonder if they can add it on afterwards or if I can cancel my order and reorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Bravestaar wrote: »
    Typical. This gets posted literally 2 hours after I spend over 300 quid! Is there a voucher code? I can't find this deal anywhere.

I wonder if they can add it on afterwards or if I can cancel my order and reorder.

No code, it's an official offer on the website. I'd say cancel and reorder, shouldn't be a problem unless they've shipped it already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Should I be ordering in GBP or Euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is the voucher applied to the order made today... or is it for use with your next order?

Decent looking sleeping bag for €16, will have to order soon for picnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Should I be ordering in GBP or Euro?

Euro always,their conversion rate is a lot lower than what any bank/paypal will charge

If you were ordering 120 quid do you have to split order into two 60 quid orders to get the 24?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

No code, it's an official offer on the website. I'd say cancel and reorder, shouldn't be a problem unless they've shipped it already?

Don't think you can cancel or change an order once it's placed. Think you have to put in a whole new order.
    Also not sure if you can reject the order once it arrives and get it returned to sender. Think you might have to fill in the form and pay for return shipping.
    If you were ordering 120 quid do you have to split order into two 60 quid orders to get the 24?

I'd say split. But you'd have to pay 2 x shipping costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Soarer wrote: »
    I'd say split. But you'd have to pay 2 x shipping costs.

Says, "for every €60 spent"

Wouldn't be sure you'd need to split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

I don't think you need to split.
    Below are some of the details I received in an email after I submitted an order.

total spend including Postage is £50.00 (GBP) (or multiples of)
    cancelled / exchanges / pre-order items will NOT be included in the total spend.
    £ 10.00 (GBP) voucher for every £ 50.00 (GBP) spent.
    voucher will be valid from 1st September 2015 until 1st September 2016.
    vouchers issued online can only be redeemed online.
    In the event of refunded goods, we reserves the right to cancel voucher or charge for used vouchers.
    offer not available in concession stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Is the discount of €12 euros working? Its not working for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

KayeQ wrote: »
    Is the discount of €12 euros working? Its not working for me.

It's not a discount, it's a voucher. Said voucher becomes valid from 1st September after the promotion ends.

Spend €60 now, get €12 off your next order from September 1st

Can more than 1 voucher be added at the same time?

The delivery charge + time limit on the voucher take the good outta this offer....unless you can bundle the vouchers after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Voucher lasts for a year, til Sept 16. I have good few things in basket totalling €61 and delivery is €6.98 and then voucher for €12 for future use. I wonder if there is minimum spend on future shop when applying voucher ??
    Anyway, any Codes applicable ant present ???.

• Advertisement

I cancelled my original order and managed to order again, over 300 quid worth of stuff.

I'm sure 5 €12 vouchers. I'm presuming they come in one go and I can use the 60 quid for the one order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Placed order and got confirmation email etc.......

Thank you for shopping on SportsDirect Ireland. Our initial checks show that your most recent purchase has qualified for the voucher offer.
    We will endeavour to send the voucher to you either on but not before Tuesday 1st of September 2015 or after the order has been despatched.
    Please note the following Terms and Conditions,
    once the order been despatched we will complete our last checks to ensure that you order meets the voucher requirements. The requirements are as follows:
    total spend including Postage is £50.00 (GBP) (or multiples of)
    cancelled / exchanges / pre-order items will NOT be included in the total spend.
    £ 10.00 (GBP) voucher for every £ 50.00 (GBP) spent.
    voucher will be valid from 1st September 2015 until 1st September 2016.
    vouchers issued online can only be redeemed online.
    In the event of refunded goods, we reserves the right to cancel voucher or charge for used vouchers.
    offer not available in concession stores.
    Thanks
    The SportsDirect Ireland team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

The vouchers are a credit note, say you get 48 euro worth of vouchers, and in three months time you place an order for 25 euro plus 8 euro delivery. Then use your voucher and the balance of 15 euro will still be on the code.

You don't have to split orders into 60 euro bundles, as that would be stupid and negate the benefit of getting the vouchers in the first place.

End of Quarter sales must be lower than expected and this will drive sales up again before end of September. Keeps the investors happy anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

I'm raging. Myself and my other half were looking at ordering over the last month or so but were waiting for a deal.

Ended up ordering last week over €200's worth which arrived this week and now they have a deal!!!

Don't suppose they'd honour it as a good will gesture!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

I'm dumbfounded at the response from SportsDirect customer care. Order 4 items, 2 are broken and need to be returned. You can only return to a UK address via registered post. The postage costs outway the return value. Surely they are resposible for the return cost of faulted goods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

foxy_j wrote: »
    I'm raging. Myself and my other half were looking at ordering over the last month or so but were waiting for a deal.

Ended up ordering last week over €200's worth which arrived this week and now they have a deal!!!

Don't suppose they'd honour it as a good will gesture!!?

I doubt it as a lot of people would be chancing their arm.
    Luck of the draw unfortunately I would imagine.. but nothing ventured , nothing gained.. fire them an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am the same, bought some stuff on Tuesday evening.
    I am going to email them later and ask them to honour it.
    They may or may not, won't really change my attitude to them if they say no i.e. I understand the terms of the offer and according to the terms, I missed it by buying too early, but if they do honour it, i'll be very impressed.
    Let's see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could return the items (at your own cost) and rebuy them, if it is a significant price difference. If they refuse to offer you an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

NATLOR wrote: »

Can't see it on the site..what am I missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Can't see it on the site..what am I missing?

Yeah, I'm the same....thought it was valid until the 31st as per a post earlier in the thread.....??

• Advertisement
Advertisement