Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Up and running after porting my number across. Very happy with Internet speeds. Does it say 'Tesco Mobile' for everyone though?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

buyer95 wrote: »
    Up and running after porting my number across. Very happy with Internet speeds. Does it say 'Tesco Mobile' for everyone though?

My both SIMS display 48

longcock wrote: »
    My both SIMS display 48

Yeah I thought it was strange that it say Tesco Mobile... Maybe it's because I am using the free GB still and haven't yet signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My free gig had 48 showing.

TheDriver wrote: »
    My free gig had 48 showing.

I spoke to an agent on live chat. Apparently this issue is specific to huawei and honour phones. This is the explanation I received. ' 48 and Tesco mobile operate under Three’s Network Infrastructure and we’ve seen from time to time that depending on the phone make and model a customer is using that their network connection may display as Tesco Mobile or Three. This will just be from a coverage perspective and to reassure you all your account information is solely with 48'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I spoke to an agent on live chat. Apparently this issue is specific to huawei and honour phones. This is the explanation I received. ' 48 and Tesco mobile operate under Three’s Network Infrastructure and we’ve seen from time to time that depending on the phone make and model a customer is using that their network connection may display as Tesco Mobile or Three. This will just be from a coverage perspective and to reassure you all your account information is solely with 48'

I was about to ask why my phone is displaying 3 and not 48, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

I have a gomo sim in slot 1 and 48 sim in slot 2. I can't make calls from gomo sim while im using 48 sim mobile data. Is that normal

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

I have a gomo sim in slot 1 and 48 sim in slot 2. I can't make calls from gomo sim while im using 48 sim mobile data. Is that normal

That's a hardware limitation on your device. I've a Vodafone and Three sim in my phone, same behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just wondering how to use credit for membership. I am currently in a month and have credit built up but autorenew is on which looks like will take card as payment. If autorenew off in November will I lose this new plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just wondering how to use credit for membership. I am currently in a month and have credit built up but autorenew is on which looks like will take card as payment. If autorenew off in November will I lose this new plan?

AFAIK as long as one 7.99 membership is bought before 10 November, then it will be available until you leave 48 or switch to different membership. Don't think you need to auto renew, so just disable it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Can you get a sim anywhere else for 48 other than ordering it.
    Ive ordered twice since this offer started and received nothing.
    My sister ordered to her house a couple of days after the offer came out and it hasnt arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

Yeah I thought it was strange that it say Tesco Mobile... Maybe it's because I am using the free GB still and haven't yet signed up?

It always shows 48 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

JimmyVik wrote: »
    My sister ordered to her house a couple of days after the offer came out and it hasnt arrived.

Think there was something about addresses not coming up completely after entering their eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Have your sister order a recruiter sim. It’ll be delivered to her house and you both get a free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

What happens if you do not renew your membership? I already bought the membership. What I am wondering is if I can skip a month in case I am going on a trip and I do not need calls/data. Could I retake my 7.99 membership after skipping a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

ismamai wrote: »
    What happens if you do not renew your membership? I already bought the membership. What I am wondering is if I can skip a month in case I am going on a trip and I do not need calls/data. Could I retake my 7.99 membership after skipping a month?

No but come on its only €8 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Buy before 10th November (as you've done) and you can skip up to 6 months. After that you need to top up or buy another membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

ismamai wrote: »

Yes you can indeed take a payment break!

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-7-99-Promo-Offer/ta-p/53417

What if I don’t buy membership every month will I lose the 7.99 offer?

No we don’t roll like that, if you fancy a break from buying membership then you're free to take one. However if you don’t add membership for 6 months consecutively then you are at risk of your account going into suspension and after a further 6 months of inactivity the account will be deactivated due to non-use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

After what I thought was a good move from gomo to 48 I've had a few issues over the weekend and will have to move back to gomo if they are not sorted.

First it looks like I have routing issues calling some numbers on other networks(not all). Some I call I just hear a number not in use tone. Hopefully they are competent enough to fix this.

The second problem was signal. While out and about at the weekend I noticed in places data speeds were unusable while others were fine. This issue doesn't seem to be totally 48's fault as I checked 3's data in the same places and that's also brutal. They seem to have blackspots in places I didn't expect like wide open spaces in a major town.

Anybody else have these routing issues? I know it can happen when porting into any network, I just hope 48 know how to fix it.

If all else fails its back to Gomo. As much as I hate Eir, gomo seemed ok once I didn't need their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Their coverage map isn't encouraging.

https://48.ie/coverage-checker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

kneemos wrote: »
    Their coverage map isn't encouraging.

https://48.ie/coverage-checker

According to that map I should have had 4g indoors in my area. It displayed 4g+ on my phone but was giving me download speeds of about 0.03 at one stage while sat in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

This map is quite helpful for checking mobile coverage from the different providers:

https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

DopeTech wrote: »
    After what I thought was a good move from gomo to 48 I've had a few issues over the weekend and will have to move back to gomo if they are not sorted.

First it looks like I have routing issues calling some numbers on other networks(not all). Some I call I just hear a number not in use tone. Hopefully they are competent enough to fix this.

The second problem was signal. While out and about at the weekend I noticed in places data speeds were unusable while others were fine. This issue doesn't seem to be totally 48's fault as I checked 3's data in the same places and that's also brutal. They seem to have blackspots in places I didn't expect like wide open spaces in a major town.

Anybody else have these routing issues? I know it can happen when porting into any network, I just hope 48 know how to fix it.

If all else fails its back to Gomo. As much as I hate Eir, gomo seemed ok once I didn't need their support.
    Yes, unfortunately, the Three network seems to have gone back to days of old. I was with them up until the GoMo offer came along and it seemed much better then (pre-lockdown of course).

With GoMo, the speeds were generally low and could be slow and frustrating at times, but at least it would load (eventually). Whereas with 48, you can have blistering speeds in one location (which makes little different unless you're downloading files) and then literally nothing in the next despite having plenty of signal and on 4G. And pages and apps timeout altogether rather than just spin around for what seems an eternity.

At home at the weekend, I was peaking at 3-4Mb on 48 but averaging much, much lower whereas a speedtest at 6am this morning just before I left the house was 90Mb+. The missus, still on GoMo, was getting 5-10Mb consistently and the mobile data was actually usable but GoMo "only" hits about 20Mb off peak.

Also - it'll be a week tomorrow since I ported and opened a ticket with them to get the 100GB membership to appear on my account.
    Every time I've contacted since it's "check back in 24-48 hours and it will be resolved then"...

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Just got one of the sims I ordered (the one that was dispatched second :rolleyes:!) and put it into a phone to try it out, and its not activating the data. All the APN settings are correct. I went onto the site and clicked "received sim" and entered the code to activate it, the next step asks if you want to keep number or get a new one, and I selected keep. But then it's asking me to enter the number. I don't actually want to port just yet, I want to try out the sim first before I go ahead and commit to change. Does anyone know if I enter the number at that point, is it going to go ahead and start the port process? Or do I need to enter a number to be able to activate and use the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

jarvis wrote: »
    Have your sister order a recruiter sim. It’ll be delivered to her house and you both get a free month.

Neither of us got our sims yet at all

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

hdl wrote: »
    Just got one of the sims I ordered (the one that was dispatched second :rolleyes:!) and put it into a phone to try it out, and its not activating the data. All the APN settings are correct. I went onto the site and clicked "received sim" and entered the code to activate it, the next step asks if you want to keep number or get a new one, and I selected keep. But then it's asking me to enter the number. I don't actually want to port just yet, I want to try out the sim first before I go ahead and commit to change. Does anyone know if I enter the number at that point, is it going to go ahead and start the port process? Or do I need to enter a number to be able to activate and use the sim?

Select new number

_John C wrote: »
    Select new number

Thanks will do that. Will I later be able to port and keep my own number using this same sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

hdl wrote: »
    Thanks will do that. Will I later be able to port and keep my own number using this same sim?

Yes

_John C wrote: »
    Yes

Brilliant, thanks John.

• Advertisement

Neither of us got our sims yet at all

I ordered 2 sims on 11th. One arrived today (no sign of the other), so they could still arrive, just seems very slow.

Advertisement