Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ranjo wrote: »
    Delivered today (well, to Parcel Motel anyway), so essentially next day delivery.

Hoping PM get it out to me overnight, otherwise it's Monday :-(

Worse still, I was home all day so could have had it in my hands right now.

So cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The lads are moving all my stuff over, fair play to them :pac:

Compared to my 5t the 6t with the supplied case feels like a bit of brick.
    Not sure what to make of the notch.
    That's as far as I am so far so I suppose I'll get use to them.
    Nav bar is a lot lower
    241uuq1.jpg

And lastly for now Android 9 reminds me of apple software.

I'm on 3h 50m screen time with 66% battery left. Wow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,365 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amazon have the official red silicon case for £10 for pre order. It's way more on the official site.

OnePlus 5431100066 6T Silicone Protective Case - Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JM9FDLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jmR5BbGRD5ZXA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Whats the verdict on the fingerprint sensor? Its putting me off tbh. Wish the 6 could still be got direct from OnePlus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭xtal191

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Whats the verdict on the fingerprint sensor? Its putting me off tbh. Wish the 6 could still be got direct from OnePlus.

Can still get the 128gb 8gb on Amazon France for around €535, thinking of getting it over the 6T myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Only got it last night.

So far I don't think you can rely on the fingerprint scanner. Face unlock is pretty good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

29 hours since full charge, 16% left.
    Screen on time 5h 20m.

Face unlock support fast and the finger print scanner pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

For those who have one, hows the camera? Saw some talk that its a step back from even the Nexus 6P which is a good few generations old at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

JohnK wrote: »
    For those who have one, hows the camera? Saw some talk that its a step back from even the Nexus 6P which is a good few generations old at this stage.

I'm very happy with the camera, especially the night mode feature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

The audio from all apps is only playing though the left speaker. Is this the case for anyone else?

Morpork wrote: »
    The audio from all apps is only playing though the left speaker. Is this the case for anyone else?

There is only one speaker isn't there?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There is only one speaker isn't there?

Ah yes, the dual grill threw me off. The right side is just for the mic. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just pulled the trigger on an 8/128 midnight black 6T.

Coming from a pixel 2 and p20 pro I know the camera will be a notch down but seems to be more than good enough for me. Pace of the thing was the quencher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm in two minds here. Held out on getting the 6 as I didn't really need it. Still don't need the 6T but that battery is soooooo tempting. I could definitely hold out until the 7 but then I'd be worried about them going back to a smaller capacity battery ffs.

I'm in two minds here. Held out on getting the 6 as I didn't really need it. Still don't need the 6T but that battery is soooooo tempting. I could definitely hold out until the 7 but then I'd be worried about them going back to a smaller capacity battery ffs.

I'd wait if you really don't need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Just pulled the trigger on an 8/128 midnight black 6T.

Coming from a pixel 2 and p20 pro I know the camera will be a notch down but seems to be more than good enough for me. Pace of the thing was the quencher.

Out of curiosity why would you change phone so quickly?

Greenman wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why would you change phone so quickly?

Easily bored tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Easily bored tbh!

Happy for you, enjoy your new phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Keep in mind OnePlus allows you 14/15 days to return the phone if you're not satisfied with it ;) have 2 weeks to decide

Looks like they are releasing the purple one in 3 days, not a fan of the colour myself but they should have released it along with the other ones on launch day.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=carousel

I'm pretty impressed with the battery so far:

4dB3yJ7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mslise

Can I ask guys how is the phone with the likes of 4g? I have a oneplus 5 and can never get 4g and have been through all the forums. So wanted to make sure it was working well in Ireland before buying the 6t.
    I'm with Eir at the moment.

mslise wrote: »
    Can I ask guys how is the phone with the likes of 4g? I have a oneplus 5 and can never get 4g and have been through all the forums. So wanted to make sure it was working well in Ireland before buying the 6t.
    I'm with Eir at the moment.

I'm with Eir, 4G works fine on my OP6T.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mslise

thanks, fo the reply davo2001. I feel a bit better at the thoughts of getting the 6t now. How would you rate the phone yourself? I've been with oneplus since the +1 and didn't like the idea of changing over :)

mslise wrote: »
    thanks, fo the reply davo2001. I feel a bit better at the thoughts of getting the 6t now. How would you rate the phone yourself? I've been with oneplus since the +1 and didn't like the idea of changing over :)

I'm happy with them, although the price has increased since the OPO which was what initially attracted me to them.

Dispite what you see online, there support is fairly good, I had to replace my OP3 after a few months with a battery issue, all done and dusted in 5 days.

Updates are fairly consistant and the phones are well built. Although the OP6T is not IP rated offically, I've already dropped it in the bath for a few seconds and haven't had any issues with it, I do miss the notification LED but you can get this from apps on the play store anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

How are people finding it on the eir network? Any issues with 4g?

Phone arrived today around lunchtime so haven't played around with it too much yet.

Performance is fast, definitely the fastest and smoothest Android I've used. Trying out the gestures, bit glitchy but that's probably user error.

Screen size is great, the little tweaks over stock are the ones I missed most. Nylon case feels good in the hand, a bit slippery but the sides offer a little bit extra grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I've googled and searched in settings but cannot find how to set the phone to silent or vibrate only.

I can only see "do not disturb" which turns off notifications completely. I've tried the option "No sound from notifications" in the Do Not Disturb settings, but it's not what I'm looking for, I still want the phone to ring & pop up anything on screen, just without sound and/or vibrate only.

Any pointers?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Phone arrived today around lunchtime so haven't played around with it too much yet.

Performance is fast, definitely the fastest and smoothest Android I've used. Trying out the gestures, bit glitchy but that's probably user error.

Screen size is great, the little tweaks over stock are the ones I missed most. Nylon case feels good in the hand, a bit slippery but the sides offer a little bit extra grip.

One of the lads at work had his delivered yesterday: as a long-time iPhone user gotta say that the fingerprint scanner in the screen is impressive. Funny that Apple could not get it sorted last year and OnePlus could.

The phone looks amazing from what I have seen so far and far far more advanced than iPhone (and I am well sucked into iOS)

Ranjo wrote: »
    I've googled and searched in settings but cannot find how to set the phone to silent or vibrate only.

I can only see "do not disturb" which turns off notifications completely. I've tried the option "No sound from notifications" in the Do Not Disturb settings, but it's not what I'm looking for, I still want the phone to ring & pop up anything on screen, just without sound and/or vibrate only.

Any pointers?

Use the slider above the power button to change between

Silent
    Vibration
    Ring

If you go to Settings > Buttons & Gestures > Alert Slider there are a couple of extra settings in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How slippery is the 6T compared to the 5T?!

Pacifico wrote: »
    How slippery is the 6T compared to the 5T?!

Less slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

Anyone get insurance? If so with who?

• Advertisement

How are people finding the fingerprint sensor. Watching the reviews I thought it might be a little iffy but I've only had to rescan once so far.

After a couple of days the battery is great but I'm feeling it's a little short or my P20 Pro. Charging time is properly fast though.

Camera is a little meh. It's grand but nothing fantastic. Going to try out the Google camera apk.

The speed though is what makes this. Really snappy, iOS levels of smoothness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

trying to get my hands on two, none in stock :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

shakencat wrote: »

None at all? I almost bought the Mrs a purple one earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

All in stock on the OP site?

I presume the fingerprint scanner will work fine with PayPal, revoult etc?

Pacifico wrote: »
    All in stock on the OP site?

I presume the fingerprint scanner will work fine with PayPal, revoult etc?

Why wouldn't it?

• Advertisement

The only app I found the fingerprint scanner interferes with is the AIB app. The quick balance button gets covered by it if you have login with fingerprint turned on.

Huh?

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=carousel

I think you were looking at the oneplus 6, not 6T?

Morpork wrote: »
    I think you were looking at the oneplus 6, not 6T?

Speaking of which you can get the 128gb 8gb 6 delivered for just under €470 on Amazon Germany, its a much much better deal than the 6T imo

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CK7KB95/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

xtal191 wrote: »
    Speaking of which you can get the 128gb 8gb 6 delivered for just under €470 on Amazon Germany, its a much much better deal than the 6T imo

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CK7KB95/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1

It's not a better deal of you want a 6T though.

Apologies! Don't know where or what I was looking on!!

Anyone know if the cases are the same shape as the one plus 3/3t?
    Also, are the cases for sale on the website as good as otter box?

Anyone know if the cases are the same shape as the one plus 3/3t?

They are not. Sure, it's a different phone with different dimensions.

I must admit the purple colour is great looking

xtal191 wrote: »
    I must admit the purple colour is great looking

Pity its covered by black covered:o:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Very tempted by this, but finding it hard to justify the upgrade from my current daily, HTC U11+. Bit more ram, more screen ratio and 845 versus 835. Not even sure if camera on 6T is better as no clear comparison.

Dam you sexy Oneplus 6T, you temptress!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement