Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ranjo wrote: »
    Delivered today (well, to Parcel Motel anyway), so essentially next day delivery.

Hoping PM get it out to me overnight, otherwise it's Monday :-(

Worse still, I was home all day so could have had it in my hands right now.

So cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The lads are moving all my stuff over, fair play to them :pac:

Compared to my 5t the 6t with the supplied case feels like a bit of brick.
    Not sure what to make of the notch.
    That's as far as I am so far so I suppose I'll get use to them.
    Nav bar is a lot lower
    241uuq1.jpg

And lastly for now Android 9 reminds me of apple software.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm on 3h 50m screen time with 66% battery left. Wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amazon have the official red silicon case for £10 for pre order. It's way more on the official site.

OnePlus 5431100066 6T Silicone Protective Case - Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JM9FDLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jmR5BbGRD5ZXA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Whats the verdict on the fingerprint sensor? Its putting me off tbh. Wish the 6 could still be got direct from OnePlus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭xtal191

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Whats the verdict on the fingerprint sensor? Its putting me off tbh. Wish the 6 could still be got direct from OnePlus.

Can still get the 128gb 8gb on Amazon France for around €535, thinking of getting it over the 6T myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Only got it last night.

So far I don't think you can rely on the fingerprint scanner. Face unlock is pretty good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

29 hours since full charge, 16% left.
    Screen on time 5h 20m.

Face unlock support fast and the finger print scanner pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

For those who have one, hows the camera? Saw some talk that its a step back from even the Nexus 6P which is a good few generations old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

JohnK wrote: »
    For those who have one, hows the camera? Saw some talk that its a step back from even the Nexus 6P which is a good few generations old at this stage.

I'm very happy with the camera, especially the night mode feature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

The audio from all apps is only playing though the left speaker. Is this the case for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Morpork wrote: »
    The audio from all apps is only playing though the left speaker. Is this the case for anyone else?

There is only one speaker isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There is only one speaker isn't there?

Ah yes, the dual grill threw me off. The right side is just for the mic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just pulled the trigger on an 8/128 midnight black 6T.

Coming from a pixel 2 and p20 pro I know the camera will be a notch down but seems to be more than good enough for me. Pace of the thing was the quencher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm in two minds here. Held out on getting the 6 as I didn't really need it. Still don't need the 6T but that battery is soooooo tempting. I could definitely hold out until the 7 but then I'd be worried about them going back to a smaller capacity battery ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm in two minds here. Held out on getting the 6 as I didn't really need it. Still don't need the 6T but that battery is soooooo tempting. I could definitely hold out until the 7 but then I'd be worried about them going back to a smaller capacity battery ffs.

I'd wait if you really don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Just pulled the trigger on an 8/128 midnight black 6T.

Coming from a pixel 2 and p20 pro I know the camera will be a notch down but seems to be more than good enough for me. Pace of the thing was the quencher.

Out of curiosity why would you change phone so quickly?

Greenman wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why would you change phone so quickly?

Easily bored tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Easily bored tbh!

Happy for you, enjoy your new phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Keep in mind OnePlus allows you 14/15 days to return the phone if you're not satisfied with it ;) have 2 weeks to decide

Looks like they are releasing the purple one in 3 days, not a fan of the colour myself but they should have released it along with the other ones on launch day.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=carousel

I'm pretty impressed with the battery so far:

4dB3yJ7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mslise

Can I ask guys how is the phone with the likes of 4g? I have a oneplus 5 and can never get 4g and have been through all the forums. So wanted to make sure it was working well in Ireland before buying the 6t.
    I'm with Eir at the moment.

mslise wrote: »
    Can I ask guys how is the phone with the likes of 4g? I have a oneplus 5 and can never get 4g and have been through all the forums. So wanted to make sure it was working well in Ireland before buying the 6t.
    I'm with Eir at the moment.

I'm with Eir, 4G works fine on my OP6T.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mslise

thanks, fo the reply davo2001. I feel a bit better at the thoughts of getting the 6t now. How would you rate the phone yourself? I've been with oneplus since the +1 and didn't like the idea of changing over :)

mslise wrote: »
    thanks, fo the reply davo2001. I feel a bit better at the thoughts of getting the 6t now. How would you rate the phone yourself? I've been with oneplus since the +1 and didn't like the idea of changing over :)

I'm happy with them, although the price has increased since the OPO which was what initially attracted me to them.

Dispite what you see online, there support is fairly good, I had to replace my OP3 after a few months with a battery issue, all done and dusted in 5 days.

Updates are fairly consistant and the phones are well built. Although the OP6T is not IP rated offically, I've already dropped it in the bath for a few seconds and haven't had any issues with it, I do miss the notification LED but you can get this from apps on the play store anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

How are people finding it on the eir network? Any issues with 4g?

Phone arrived today around lunchtime so haven't played around with it too much yet.

Performance is fast, definitely the fastest and smoothest Android I've used. Trying out the gestures, bit glitchy but that's probably user error.

Screen size is great, the little tweaks over stock are the ones I missed most. Nylon case feels good in the hand, a bit slippery but the sides offer a little bit extra grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I've googled and searched in settings but cannot find how to set the phone to silent or vibrate only.

I can only see "do not disturb" which turns off notifications completely. I've tried the option "No sound from notifications" in the Do Not Disturb settings, but it's not what I'm looking for, I still want the phone to ring & pop up anything on screen, just without sound and/or vibrate only.

Any pointers?

Advertisement