Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm aware of that but the mate 10 pro can be bought for 400 these days and it's camera is streets ahead of the oneplus. Same goes for Huawei sub brand Honor.

Oneplus put their eggs in the performance basket and admittedly the devices absolutely fly but they could definitely do more in the camera department even at their price point.

Personally, I might wait for reviews of the 6t and Mi Mix 3 and maybe the Honor Magic 2 before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

breeno wrote: »
    I'm aware of that but the mate 10 pro can be bought for 400 these days and it's camera is streets ahead of the oneplus. Same goes for Huawei sub brand Honor.

Oneplus put their eggs in the performance basket and admittedly the devices absolutely fly but they could definitely do more in the camera department even at their price point.

Personally, I might wait for reviews of the 6t and Mi Mix 3 and maybe the Honor Magic 2 before deciding.

The Mate 10 Pro has a poorer processor, less ram and less storage. It's a year old so of course it will have fallen in price but at launch it was €800+ wasn't it?

TitianGerm wrote: »

The Mate 10 Pro has a poorer processor, less ram and less storage. It's a year old so of course it will have fallen in price but at launch it was €800+ wasn't it?
    You're being pedantic now. Let's talk xiaomi mi 8,mi mix 3 etc. The point stands that oneplus camera tech is a tad disappointing considering the standard of the rest of the phone. I know something has to give for the price but it doesn't necessarily have to be the camera.

You're being pedantic now. Let's talk xiaomi mi 8,mi mix 3 etc. The point stands that oneplus camera tech is a tad disappointing considering the standard of the rest of the phone. I know something has to give for the price but it doesn't necessarily have to be the camera.

Both good options. I was looking at the Mi 8 today alright at €390 from Gearbest. Another one that caught my eye was the Meizu 16 although that's slightly dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is it looking that only a 128GB version will be sold? Or will there be an option for 64GB, (i know no one knows for sure, just looking for opinions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The point is that if they bump up the camera, something else would suffer, e.g. performance.

Yes and my point is that for a small (probably not even noticeable) reduction in performance they could pump additional resources into the camera. 
    The RAM/performance arms race is a bit unnecessary as proven by the 4gb in the Pixel 3. Xiaomi are talking about a 10gb RAM phone shortly. It's a bit OTT!
    I'm still holding out hope for some software & post processing improvements in the camera as it looks a nice device.

Yes and my point is that for a small (probably not even noticeable) reduction in performance they could pump additional resources into the camera. 
    The RAM/performance arms race is a bit unnecessary as proven by the 4gb in the Pixel 3. Xiaomi are talking about a 10gb RAM phone shortly. It's a bit OTT!
    I'm still holding out hope for some software & post processing improvements in the camera as it looks a nice device.

Does the Pixel not have issues with apps closing and dropping out of memory in the background. Nearly sure I was reading about that last week?

Apparently £499 will be the base price but the storage starts at 128GB instead of 64GB.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t3.com/amp/news/oneplus-6t-uk-price-just-leaked-it-will-be-oneplus-most-expensive-phone-yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Would it be worth upgrading from my 5t?

Also if I was selling mine what would be a fair price?
    Its the 8gb one and is 11 months old in excellent condition.
    The cheapest one on adverts seems to be €425.
    That seems too steep, no?
    I would have thought around 350 would be more like it.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Would it be worth upgrading from my 5t?

Also if I was selling mine what would be a fair price?
    Its the 8gb one and is 11 months old in excellent condition.
    The cheapest one on adverts seems to be €425.
    That seems too steep, no?
    I would have thought around 350 would be more like it.

Ill be upgrading from the 5. See how much CEX will give you for your 5t, much less hassle than selling on Adverts.

Ill be upgrading from the 5. See how much CEX will give you for your 5t, much less hassle than selling on Adverts.
    I've sold a few phones and other stuff on adverts and have never had a problem.
    As long as you don't rise to the trolls and time wasters I think it's fine.
    I actually sold a 5t on it last December after the screen got smashed after having it 10 days. :eek:
    Thinking the phone was in bits I ordered a new one and then sent back the old one and they repaired it(had it back in 4 days I think)so I then sold it.

I've sold a few phones and other stuff on adverts and have never had a problem.
    As long as you don't rise to the trolls and time wasters I think it's fine.
    I actually sold a 5t on it last December after the screen got smashed after having it 10 days. :eek:
    Thinking the phone was in bits I ordered a new one and then sent back the old one and they repaired it(had it back in 4 days I think)so I then sold it.

Oh I know there's no hassle but if he's wanting a quick sale and avoid all the "swap for iPhone 5 and cash my way" CEX will be much easier.

Oh I know there's no hassle but if he's wanting a quick sale and avoid all the "swap for iPhone 5 and cash my way" CEX will be much easier.

He??
    He is me :pac:
    What is CEX?
    A store you walk into or online?
    Never heard of them.

He??
    He is me :pac:
    What is CEX?
    A store you walk into or online?
    Never heard of them.

By jingo it is :pac:

CEX is like a pawn shop. Loads on Boards use them, especially selling games etc as they give better values to GameStop.

Just go in, they'll test the phone and pay you your money. You can see what it's worth on the website before you go in.

https://ie.webuy.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Leaked specs are disappointing... pretty much the same camera setup as the 5, 5T and 6.

Think I'll hold onto my 5T for a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

xtal191 wrote: »

Stupid video. Clickbait bull****.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Stupid video. Clickbait bull****.

Its terrible alright, I posted it before watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just under 2hrs until all what we already know becomes official

• Advertisement

Just under 2hrs until all what we already know becomes official

Will there be any surprise at all.
    What's the point in a launch if we no everything already? :(

Literally just a confirmation I guess unless they have something smaller in their sleeves like new headphones or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

Jesus, these launch events are so cringy!!

I dont think theres any reason to get a 6t over the 6 that would swing me.

Still no stereo speakers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any Euro prices yet?

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any Euro prices yet?

€549 €579 and €629

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=6t

xtal191 wrote: »

I'll grab the 8GB and 128GB version but definitely want red this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Mr.S wrote: »
    Fingerprint scanner under the screen looks speedy

I've only seen Android Centrals review video but in that it looked noticeably slower than the Mate 20 Pro's one.

Advertisement