Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ryanair discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Flyer29 wrote: »
    Hi, hope somebody can help me here.

I’m trying to book a flight with Ryanair to Liverpool in a few weeks. I need 4 seats. When I go to book them it tells me the flight is sold out for that particular date which is fine, however when I try to book the flight for 1 person it allows me to book it.

When I get to the pick a seat stage in the booking it shows the flight is half empty. Anyone ever see this before? Is it likely they’ll put them back on sale again? I’m afraid to book the seats individually incase it sells out after buying 1 or 2 seats

Thanks

It means there is less than 4 seats available, if you can buy 1, there is one free. Try 2 and 3 and you’ll see exactly how many.

The free seats just means most people havnt paid for a seat, they will be allocated at check in

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Makes sense. Thanks a lot guys!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just note Manchester has far more flights and good rail links from the airport to Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Yup very handy from Manchester Airport Train Station to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

There’s seats on the outbound flight to Liverpool so I’ll probably book them as I’ll be on a tight schedule for a match and then I’ll book the return leg with Aer Lingus from Manchester :) Thanks again the everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

dzilla wrote: »
    Yup very handy from Manchester Airport Train Station to Liverpool.

I'd expect that at this low time of year a car hire in Manchester would be much cheaper than public transport from either Liverpool or Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Flyer29 wrote: »
    There’s seats on the outbound flight to Liverpool so I’ll probably book them as I’ll be on a tight schedule for a match and then I’ll book the return leg with Aer Lingus from Manchester :) Thanks again the everyone

if there is a group of ye mini cab might be same price actually as per previous post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Everyone - when someone posts multiple, bloody stupid questions about fleet types and/or DUB runway layouts - its a specific sad sack troll. Don't reply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

advice needed

I am in france ,would like to travel home on Ryanair ex Beauvais,it is fully booked

is it possible to buy a ticket in the terminal if some one does not show up?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

rugbyman wrote: »
    advice needed

I am in france ,would like to travel home on Ryanair ex Beauvais,it is fully booked

is it possible to buy a ticket in the terminal if some one does not show up?
    Thanks in advance

Not sure if that would work...and if it work did it probably wouldn't be cheap. Plus you might end up stuck in Beauvais.

Depending on where you are, you might be better off hunting for free seats with the other airlines at the other airports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Or if it has to be ex Beauvais then go via another Ryanair hub e.g. Stansted.

Edit: never mind, Ryanair don't fly to UK ex Beauvais by the looks of it.

it used work, some years ago, but maybe since everybody has tickets pre checked in? chap on Ryanair chat says no, but he may be wrong

when it was possible ,it was full fare
    Thanks

I will be in Beauvais airport anyway, if this is not possible ,I will have to bus it to Paris CDG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

This may have already been discussed in this thread but I just noticed a RYR 738 about to depart Cork to Gdansk.

It is the first time I have seen one without an EI reg, it's reg is SP-RSS and flight radar suggests it is brand new.
    Is this an indication that RYR are no longer registering their aircraft here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

kub wrote: »
    This may have already been discussed in this thread but I just noticed a RYR 738 about to depart Cork to Gdansk.

It is the first time I have seen one without an EI reg, it's reg is SP-RSS and flight radar suggests it is brand new.
    Is this an indication that RYR are no longer registering their aircraft here ?

Its registered to the polish charter subsidiary Ryanair Sun, operating scheduled flights during the winter downtime. The flight in question has been flown by a polish reg’d aircraft for quite some months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Ryanair has a Polish subsidiary, Ryanair Sun which has aircraft registered in Poland. I think they plan to have British registered aircraft as well once Brexit happens, with aircraft operating under the Ryanair UK banner.

The vast majority will still be Irish registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Yes Ryanair forced all their Polish based staff to become self employed contractors or else they would be moved out of the Country or even be sacked.
    It's a separate AOC and the Polish crew cant fly on the Irish AOC and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Speaking of Ryanair’s Polish operation, they seem to be scaling back their Warsaw Modlin operation with 2 less aircraft and 12 routes cancelled.

A lot of internal politics going on with the general consensus being that the state via PPL which owns or at least has shares in both Modlin and Chopin, is attempting to protect Warsaw Chopin and in doing so protect flag carrier LOT by forcing up costs and limiting expansion at Modlin. It’s essentially trying to turn the two Warsaw airports into its own duoply.

LOT is in a major, somewhat disjointed, expansion mode at the moment. It’s losing focus and making itself vulnerable to a low cost onslaught.

it used work, some years ago, but maybe since everybody has tickets pre checked in? chap on Ryanair chat says no, but he may be wrong

when it was possible ,it was full fare
    Thanks

Am answering my own question here, perhaps the knowledge I gained will be of use to someone

I arrived at Beauvais three hours before take off. and spoke to helpful lady in office ,Virginie. She told me the only option , because people could arrive at last minute,was to buy a standby ,so I could go through security and leave,with a refund if I did not get on.

Not wanting to wait that long,as two buses to CDG would be tight, I asked if she would tell me at 15.10(flight 17.10) how many had actually checked in.
    She said she could. if ,say,over ten had not checked in, then it was unlikely that all these ten would arrive late and pay for their late print tickets.

Ahm, she says lets look now and see, and amazingly, she said there was a ticket (s) available, even on the website!!!! This made my day, for the previous two days the website was fully booked!!! 170 euro . at one time with Ryanair last minute tickets were 260 euro

How this works, that seats come available is a mystery to me,, My theory is this... there were two pilots travelling as passengers, perhaps Ryanair had expected more...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Am answering my own question here, perhaps the knowledge I gained will be of use to someone

I arrived at Beauvais three hours before take off. and spoke to helpful lady in office ,Virginie. She told me the only option , because people could arrive at last minute,was to buy a standby ,so I could go through security and leave,with a refund if I did not get on.

Not wanting to wait that long,as two buses to CDG would be tight, I asked if she would tell me at 15.10(flight 17.10) how many had actually checked in.
    She said she could. if ,say,over ten had not checked in, then it was unlikely that all these ten would arrive late and pay for their late print tickets.

Ahm, she says lets look now and see, and amazingly, she said there was a ticket (s) available, even on the website!!!! This made my day, for the previous two days the website was fully booked!!! 170 euro . at one time with Ryanair last minute tickets were 260 euro

How this works, that seats come available is a mystery to me,, My theory is this... there were two pilots travelling as passengers, perhaps Ryanair had expected more...

Ryanair don’t know how many pilots/jumpseats/positioning crew are on any flight as they can just rock up to any flight, they don’t have tickets either, they travel for free so not on the booking system. They only sit in the cabin if there are seats available, otherwise they sit in jumpseats.

• Advertisement

How much was standby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Someone changed their booking to another date, seat becomes available and sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

How much was standby?
    170 he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

Very glad I was wrong there about the possibility of standby. I've done that bus trip from Beauvais and I'm glad you didn't have to go through that...

Le chien, I actually did not ask,as seat became available.that seat was 170

Van bosch. Obvious answer,was not thinking right

My flight booked at about 3 hours notice on way to the airport via mobile phone in passenger seat of car at New Years was 135 including priority/baggage. It appears they are not crucifying those who book at short notice to the same extent as they might have in the past.

rivegauche wrote: »
    My flight booked at about 3 hours notice on way to the airport via mobile phone in passenger seat of car at New Years was 135 including priority/baggage. It appears they are not crucifying those who book at short notice to the same extent as they might have in the past.

Probably because the loads are down?

Probably because the loads are down?
    Fairly full flight. No evidence that their loads are down. They are still at 96% load factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

rivegauche wrote: »

That is one good thing about Ryanair compared to other airlines. One of the EI flights I was on recently only had a load factor of 25% but was still €200-300 to book a day or two before.

Advertisement